Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Oba’s Comments Unfortunate, But We Have Forgiven Him – Ndigbo In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba’s Comments Unfortunate, But We Have Forgiven Him – Ndigbo In Lagos (764 Views)

I Have Forgiven Dino Melaye – Tinubu / Ndigbo In South-Africa Protests Against Fulani Attack In Enugu. / Oba’s Comments Unfortunate, But We Have Forgiven Him – Ndigbo In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba’s Comments Unfortunate, But We Have Forgiven Him – Ndigbo In Lagos by dre11(m): 11:33am On Apr 10, 2015
By Olasunkanmi Akoni
Ndigbo residents in Lagos, yesterday, said despite the “unfortunate” statement by Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, on Igbo in the state, they have forgiven the traditional ruler in good faith.
They said that the statement was not enough to make them change their minds about voting for continuity of the present administration in the state which they believe would further complement ongoing transformation in Lagos State
Chairman of Igbo community in Apapa, Engr. Gabby Dimude who made the remarks while addressing Igbo in the state at a stakeholders’ forum said the investments of the Igbos in the state could not be jeopardised on the ground of the anti-Igbo comments by the Lagos monarch.
According to him, “The Oba’s statement remains unfortunate, but it is not going to be an obstacle for us to vote for APC in the Saturday governorship and state house of assembly elections. Our APC leaders have already replied the Oba. But what I am telling the Igbos in Lagos and Apapa to remain calm. We have put that behind us, though, to err is human to forgive is divine.
“What is at stake is bigger than the statement of the Oba, so we have to stick together first, be part of the winning team so that we can move progressively.
Dimude added that with the victory of APC presidential candidate, Genl Muhammadu Buhari (retd) at the March 28 elections, it was pertinent to ensure that the party also wins the gubernatorial election to fast track growth in the state.
“Today is a day of history, the Igbos in Apapa, Igbos in oil and gas, maritime, shipping, clearing and forwarding, the owners of the tankers and all Igbos have accepted and agreed to be part of history by voting for APC.
“For the first time in the history of Nigeria, Lagos and Abuja will be one in terms of federal and state government, that is why we are here to be part of the history”.
Dimude said the Igbo communities in Apapa have therefore decided to queue behind Ambode and APC House of Assembly candidates, saying “our interest stands to be protected if the party wins the elections.”
The Igbo leader however, urged Ambode to ensure that Igbo indigenes are given more slots in his cabinet if he emerges victorious in the April 11election.
“The Igbos must be fully represented in Lagos. We are part and parcel of development in Lagos. We pay our taxes. We have two Igbo brothers in Lagos government, but we need more, they should accommodate more Igbo indigenes in their government”.
Also speaking, Executive Secretary of Apapa local government, Cecilia Dada, said the Igbos and Yorubas had been collaborating together, leading to the prosperity of both, and therefore, should resist attempts to divide them.
She called on the Igbo community to vote for Ambode and other APC candidates in the election.
Addressing the gathering in Igbo language, Lagos Publicity Secretary of APC, Joe Igbokwe, said it was in the interest of all residents of the state irrespective of tribe, for Lagos to unite with the government at the centre.
He said with Buhari and APC controlling the Federal Government, Lagos will enjoy the special status it has been clamouring for in the last 16 years the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, had been in power.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/obas-comments-unfortunate-but-we-have-forgiven-him-ndigbo-in-lagos/
Re: Oba’s Comments Unfortunate, But We Have Forgiven Him – Ndigbo In Lagos by apoti(m): 11:34am On Apr 10, 2015
I am certain lagosians are wise enough to make thier choices based on the capabilities, experience and what a candidate has to offer, and not based on the careless statement made by one Oba, who doesn't even speak for APC.

JK definitely has nothing to offer, his campaign has been divisive right from the start, the statement made by the monarch was only used as a fuel.

JK is not OK

JK is Just Kidding

Sai APC
Sai Buhari
Sai Ambode
Re: Oba’s Comments Unfortunate, But We Have Forgiven Him – Ndigbo In Lagos by MizMyColi(f): 11:41am On Apr 10, 2015
Dre11, kindly change your caption to Ndi-Igbo residents IN APAPAsmiley
This is merely a parochial view.

Men and women in my area are not smiling.
Them declare fasting join sef
Lmao.

Engr. Gabby Gabitoo!
gringrin
The hustle just got realer.
cheesy
How much were you paid Nwannem?
grin
Re: Oba’s Comments Unfortunate, But We Have Forgiven Him – Ndigbo In Lagos by ijustdey: 11:43am On Apr 10, 2015
Chairman of Igbo community in Apapa, Engr.
Gabby Dimude who made the remarks while
addressing Igbo in the state at a stakeholders’ forum said the investments of the Igbos in the state could not be jeopardised on the ground of the anti-Igbo comments by the Lagos monarch. According to him, “The Oba’s statement remains unfortunate, but it is not going to be an obstacle for us to vote for APC in the Saturday

although the Oba ere....

but that doesn't mean we have to because of his words change our perception about the candidate and vote our choice

vote your choice and don't because of what the Oba said you then abandon your choice...
God bless Nigeria
God bless Lagos state
Re: Oba’s Comments Unfortunate, But We Have Forgiven Him – Ndigbo In Lagos by DaGC(m): 11:45am On Apr 10, 2015
Enough of all the 'igbo' ish. If they are not relevant like most Nairalanders usually say, then let them be.
Its sickening that some people here even tried to justify what the Oba said. If they are irrelevant, just let them be. Instead of others begging and appealing to the Igbos, it would have been prudent for the palace spokesperson to issue an apologetic statement for damage control. It irks me when I see Nigerians insulting the Oba because of that speech, even kids. Let him respect these people's choice and they will respect the throne back.

Leaders of Traditional, religious, multinational corporations, institutions etc should be politically neutral. Call a spade a spade!!!. I even feel for the Agbaje guy sef. Your king clearly not supporting you.

Let all Lagosians go out on Saturday and #VoteNotFight for their various choices. All these polity heating up will end in no good for anyone.

#PeacefulNigeria
#UnitedNigeria
Re: Oba’s Comments Unfortunate, But We Have Forgiven Him – Ndigbo In Lagos by dre11(m): 11:47am On Apr 10, 2015
MizMyColi:
Dre11, kindly change your caption to Ndi-Igbo residents IN APAPAsmiley
This is merely a parochial view.

Men and women in my area are not smiling.
Them declare fasting join sef
Lmao.

Engr. Gabby Gabitoo!
gringrin
The hustle just got realer.
cheesy
How much were you paid Nwannem?
grin

Jk campaign director
I only quoted the headings of the newspaper.
I can't modify what the newspaper did captiongrin
Re: Oba’s Comments Unfortunate, But We Have Forgiven Him – Ndigbo In Lagos by Klasique911(m): 11:48am On Apr 10, 2015
LMAO...

igbos are just in LAGOS to make money, but JK have no clue
Re: Oba’s Comments Unfortunate, But We Have Forgiven Him – Ndigbo In Lagos by MizMyColi(f): 11:53am On Apr 10, 2015
dre11:

Jk campaign director
I only quoted the headings of the newspaper.
I can't modify what the newspaper did captiongrin

grin
Please add unsolicited to campaign director.

Na to dey use sense carry this people matter for head.i don't even like that his statement about throwing folks into Atlantic Ocean.

Abeg change the caption joor. You know better.

That newspaper must be APCtongue

APC and badt Propaganda be like Bicycle and Tyrecheesy
Re: Oba’s Comments Unfortunate, But We Have Forgiven Him – Ndigbo In Lagos by voxpopp: 11:54am On Apr 10, 2015
Me I sha know without Ibos, Lagos will not develop. Look at the important fields of interest they are well known for.

Prostitution, selling of fake video game discs, fake cds and dvds, fake drugs, peddling of hard drugs, piracy, selling of gala on the highway, selling of okrika clothing items, selling fake vehicle spare parts, importing substandard china goods, importing and exporting aba made clones etc.

This activities are very vital to the economical success of Lagos.

We cannot do without them grin

They are very vital to us grin . Pls oba Akiolu, don't kill them for us. We also love their girls with their flat bald heads, moustache, yam legs, and hairy limbs grin
Re: Oba’s Comments Unfortunate, But We Have Forgiven Him – Ndigbo In Lagos by dre11(m): 11:59am On Apr 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

grin
Please add unsolicited to campaign director.

Na to dey use sense carry this people matter for head.i don't even like that his statement about throwing folks into Atlantic Ocean.

Abeg change the caption joor. You know better.

That newspaper must be APCtongue

APC and badt Propaganda be like Bicycle and Tyrecheesy

PDP is the master of propaganda and stop alluring it to APC.
Am sure you know more about FFK, Fayose, Abbati, Reno, and the rest

Are you part of those that still believe that vanguard newspaper is an APC newsroom.
Lady, if it was from the Nation I won't have posted it here.
So, don't let your hate/dislike for APC becloud your good sense of judgment

1 Like

Re: Oba’s Comments Unfortunate, But We Have Forgiven Him – Ndigbo In Lagos by calebbintus: 12:08pm On Apr 10, 2015
Kkk
Re: Oba’s Comments Unfortunate, But We Have Forgiven Him – Ndigbo In Lagos by MizMyColi(f): 12:33pm On Apr 10, 2015
dre11:

PDP is the master of propaganda and stop alluring it to APC.
Am sure you know more about FFK, Fayose, Abbati, Reno, and the rest

Are you part of those that still believe that vanguard newspaper is an APC newsroom.
Lady, if it was from the Nation I won't have posted it here.
So, don't let your hate/dislike for APC becloud your good sense of judgment

Hate is too strong a word.
Chineke meh e e e!!!!

Vanguard?!
I swear down, if I knew saw Vanguard, I wouldn't have bothered replying.

After posting a picture of a US soldier In CAR as one of the purported soldiers sent to rescue the mythical Chibok girls....
I rejected Vanguard! They goofed, BIG time!

FFK, I don't trust. Besides, one of your APC masters trained him.
Fayose is a bitter truth Spiller!
Abati is a double faced guy.
Reno is just in a class of his own. I admire the guy.

Remind me again, which politician posted a picture of Reinharrd Bonke crusade as one political party's rally.
Who claimed a particular politician had defected even when he was pretty much a member still.

cool
Bro. In Nigerian Politics....Nobody Holy Pass.
We just took sides to entertain ourselvescheesy

grin

(1) (Reply)

Report Of Violence In Ado Ekiti / Buhari And The Economy: Which Way Forward? By Henry Boyo / Borno: The Dymystification Of Sheriff’s Political Empire-by Stanley Nkwocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.