Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

A Man Of Service; Akinwunmi Ambode. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Man Of Service; Akinwunmi Ambode. (729 Views)

Akinwunmi Ambode Celebrates His 53rd Birthday Today / President Buhari Removes Danladi Kifasi As Head Of Service / Akinwunmi Ambode Causes A Stir At The Malls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Man Of Service; Akinwunmi Ambode. by BANKYBOI: 11:38am On Apr 10, 2015
Akinwunmi Ambode is running for Lagos State Governor on the platform of the APC. But is he the man for Lagos? Should we vote him on Saturday?
Here are 5 reasons we think you should vote him and APC in Lagos:
1) Is Ambode Qualified?
The simple fact is that Akinwunmi Ambode is the more experienced & qualified of the two candidates. Not only has he spent 27 years in public service including the highest levels of government; he’s studied for this role at the best schools in the world. It’s a perfect combination - academic excellence and real-world experience.
2) Lagos & Abuja Aligned.
Jimi Agbaje said that it’s good for Lagos to be aligned with Abuja. We agree. In the past 16 years, Lagos has been in opposition to Abuja. At best, our policies have been misaligned; at worst, they’ve been directly curtailed. True change is the ability to be aligned for the first time in our democracy. This is an opportunity too good to pass up. Let’s not pass it up!
3) Let’s Stick to the Plan-One of the banes of development in Nigeria is fluctuation in policy. Lagos APC has solved this by developing a master plan which successive governors have executed. For example, Fashola completed Tinubu’s BRT project, and today leaves the rail line, Lekki FTZ as well as numerous projects needing completion. Ambode has worked on executing the plan and is committed to continuing the development of Lagos.
4) Show Me Your Friends. On one hand, you have Team APC; on the other Team PDP. The Financial Times says about Tinubu "According to both detractors and fans, one of his attributes... has been to spot talent and nurture it." The rest of the team includes Pres-Elect Buhari, VP-Elect Osinbajo & Gov Fashola,On the other hand, Bode George was jailed for massive fraud at the NPA. Other members of the team include Obanikoro of the Ekiti rigging fame, Ogunlewe (ex-FERMA boss) and the Jonathans.
5) Lagos is for Everyone. Akinwunmi Ambode is truly committed to a Lagos for EVERYONE regardless of tribe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man Of Service; Akinwunmi Ambode. by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 10, 2015
Yeah a man of masturbation indeed...
Re: A Man Of Service; Akinwunmi Ambode. by ultimatum: 11:48am On Apr 10, 2015
I urge the people of the Lagos state to vote for the APC on April 11 as Lagos will do better if it is in the same party with the Federal Government.

Lagos had been cheated of Federal Government projects like the 4th Mainland Bridge and the long-delayed light rail project.

If APC controlled both Lagos and the Federal Government, the projects would immediately take off.

People of Lagos should vote against the Peoples Democratic Party just as they did on Saturday.

Lagosians should remember that it was the PDP-led Federal Government that withheld Lagos State allocation for over 15 months and refused to release the funds even after the Supreme Court ordered the Federal Government to release the funds.

The former Accountant General of Lagos State said it was his efforts, coupled with those of former Governor Bola Tinubu, that ensured that Lagos Internally Generated Revenue grew to N20bn from N400m.

The people of Lagos will recall the way the PDP Federal Government ‘punished’ Lagos for creating the 37 Local Council Development Areas by withholding the allocation due to the state.

It was the ingenuity of the crack team of experts set up by the then Governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, that led to the development of the template on which Lagos, not only survived, but expanded the IGR. The IGR has since grown from a paltry N400m to over N20bn.

The task of governance is not for wishful thinkers and verbose speakers but for thinkers, strategists and tacticians. I want to plead with the people of Lagos not to gamble with our future. This is not the time for trial and error.

The people of Lagos must continue on the path of excellence, which the APC represents. Lagosians must vote for continuity on April 11.

By the grace of God, I believe that if the people of Lagos give Ambode this opportunity, He shall serve with sincerity, integrity and all the talents the Almighty has endowed him with.

2 Likes

Re: A Man Of Service; Akinwunmi Ambode. by onyenkuzii: 11:49am On Apr 10, 2015
You've said it all, Ambode is the more EXPERIENCED and QUALIFIED. If not for sentiments nobody would be talking about Just Kidding

1 Like

Re: A Man Of Service; Akinwunmi Ambode. by voxpopp: 11:53am On Apr 10, 2015
Me I sha know without Ibos, Lagos will not develop. Look at the important fields of interest they are well known for.

Prostitution, selling of fake video game discs, fake cds and dvds, fake drugs, peddling of hard drugs, piracy, selling of gala on the highway, selling of okrika clothing items, selling fake vehicle spare parts, importing substandard china goods, importing and exporting aba made clones etc.

This activities are very vital to the economical success of Lagos.

We cannot do without them grin

They are very vital to us grin . Pls oba Akiolu, don't kill them for us. We also love their girls with their flat bald heads, moustache, yam legs, and hairy limbs grin
Re: A Man Of Service; Akinwunmi Ambode. by ChukwudiObiano: 11:56am On Apr 10, 2015
The reason that ndi igbo can freely do business in Lagos is because of the open environment fostered by APC government and we expect that to continue under Ambode

2 Likes

Re: A Man Of Service; Akinwunmi Ambode. by shewenzy: 11:58am On Apr 10, 2015
Yeeeeeeees!!!!!! Ambode is the man of service for lagos state, we know he has the best plan for lagos state, so that's why we are going to vote him in tomorrow, no hesitating, and no going back, we are going to keep him in because he is not too specific about any tribe. We can see he cares for all tribes.
So my fellow lagosians don't close your eyes while voting, shine your eyes!!!!!!

VOTE APC
VOTE AMBODE
VOTE CONTINUITY!!!!!

1 Like

Re: A Man Of Service; Akinwunmi Ambode. by adebisicutie: 11:58am On Apr 10, 2015
Ambode is the next Governor of Lagos state, he is more than capable and under him Lagos will flourish even more with APC at the centre

Re: A Man Of Service; Akinwunmi Ambode. by Ladi4sure: 12:03pm On Apr 10, 2015
I'm voting for Jimi Agbaje..... Lol, Just Kidding
Pls my fellow Lagosians,

Let. Ambode. Govern. Our. State - L. A. G. O. S

1 Like

Re: A Man Of Service; Akinwunmi Ambode. by opositive(m): 12:11pm On Apr 10, 2015
My point exactly. Ambode has both work experience and academic experience to govern lagos state. Lagos has always been the outsider, getting nothing in federal allocation for 16 years.This is our chance to get Lagos state in the centre. Vote for change. Vote Ambode for governor
Re: A Man Of Service; Akinwunmi Ambode. by HarunaLukman: 12:12pm On Apr 10, 2015
Vote the man not the party" is how we voted GEJ, best believe if you vote Agbaje, you are voting PDP which means Koro, Bode George, Kashamu
Re: A Man Of Service; Akinwunmi Ambode. by comos: 12:59pm On Apr 10, 2015
adebisicutie:
Ambode is the next Governor of Lagos state, he is more than capable and under him Lagos will flourish even more with APC at the centre
we don't need a puppet Governor like ambode who will be stealing money for Tinubu
we want JK a man of the people
JK is OK
Re: A Man Of Service; Akinwunmi Ambode. by Akanbee2015: 1:08pm On Apr 10, 2015
ultimatum:

I urge the people of the Lagos state to vote for the APC on April 11 as Lagos will do better if it is in the same party with the Federal Government.

Lagos had been cheated of Federal Government projects like the 4th Mainland Bridge and the long-delayed light rail project.

If APC controlled both Lagos and the Federal Government, the projects would immediately take off.

People of Lagos should vote against the Peoples Democratic Party just as they did on Saturday.

Lagosians should remember that it was the PDP-led Federal Government that withheld Lagos State allocation for over 15 months and refused to release the funds even after the Supreme Court ordered the Federal Government to release the funds.

The former Accountant General of Lagos State said it was his efforts, coupled with those of former Governor Bola Tinubu, that ensured that Lagos Internally Generated Revenue grew to N20bn from N400m.

The people of Lagos will recall the way the PDP Federal Government ‘punished’ Lagos for creating the 37 Local Council Development Areas by withholding the allocation due to the state.

It was the ingenuity of the crack team of experts set up by the then Governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, that led to the development of the template on which Lagos, not only survived, but expanded the IGR. The IGR has since grown from a paltry N400m to over N20bn.

The task of governance is not for wishful thinkers and verbose speakers but for thinkers, strategists and tacticians. I want to plead with the people of Lagos not to gamble with our future. This is not the time for trial and error.

The people of Lagos must continue on the path of excellence, which the APC represents. Lagosians must vote for continuity on April 11.

By the grace of God, I believe that if the people of Lagos give Ambode this opportunity, He shall serve with sincerity, integrity and all the talents the Almighty has endowed him with.

So very true.... And by God's Grace, we shall win. All their evil plans and conspiracy will not come to pass in my Lagos in Jesus name. Amen! Ambo na the way, Ambo na for CHANGE.
Re: A Man Of Service; Akinwunmi Ambode. by tynusky: 3:37pm On Apr 10, 2015
The man of the moment

Re: A Man Of Service; Akinwunmi Ambode. by etimutuk: 3:44pm On Apr 10, 2015
Still enjoying fashola's work, i want that to continue, so am voting Ambode
Re: A Man Of Service; Akinwunmi Ambode. by jurufai007: 8:40pm On Apr 10, 2015
Reviewing Ambode's track record versus that of Jk is like comparing a mountain to a molehill!! It even isn't a level playing feild.... In terms of experience, Ambode is the only person capable of moving Lagos state to the heights of a cosmopolitan mega-city in Africa. Having worked closely with past administrations of AD and APC, he has seen the current master plan for Lagos mature into what it is today. As a seasoned accountant, he knows how to successfully engage in huge business transactions on behalf of Lagos state without running the state into debt. He has always been in the lime-light of excellence and shone beyond all his peers in every endeavour. I see him gradually getting accustomed to the enormous task ahead of him and completing the good works Lagos state is achieving. JK might be a good orator, but speaking well isn't what is required to be the next governor of Lagos state. It is being equipped with the tools for the job, and knowing how to go about it. I don't see how two "JK cornershop" have prepared him for the top seat of Lagos state!! grin grin cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Interesting Facts About Sokoto Gubernatorial Election (you All Need To Know) / Offıcer In Charge Of Pu Sleepıng / Bring Back Our Girls Campaign Reaches The North Pole ...see Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.