Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Effect Of The Us Recession On Nigerian Economy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Effect Of The Us Recession On Nigerian Economy (2659 Views)

Nigeria Is Sliding Into Economic Recession Under Buhari’s Watch – Olisa Agbakoba / Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable / Fayose : Nigerian Economy May Collapse In 3 Months!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Effect Of The Us Recession On Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 27, 2009
I just want to know what effect the subject above would have on our economy. I heard Nigerians in diaspora are either back or planning on coming back because they keep laying off people.

What is really happening and what should we expect on the Nigerian economy?
Re: Effect Of The Us Recession On Nigerian Economy by asha80(m): 6:44pm On Jan 27, 2009
Nigerian economy has been in recession since the eighties.
Re: Effect Of The Us Recession On Nigerian Economy by Kobojunkie: 6:56pm On Jan 27, 2009
asha 80:

Nigerian economy has been in recession since the eighties.

This has to be the funniest post on here all morning!! ROFLMAO!!
Re: Effect Of The Us Recession On Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 27, 2009
so if the nigerian economoy has been in recession since the eighties, what should we expect now? I mean they are layinf off people everyday in the us/uk, they are coming back home to a country where there is high rate of unemployment, What exactly should we expect to see now
Re: Effect Of The Us Recession On Nigerian Economy by asha80(m): 7:10pm On Jan 27, 2009
@kobojunkie
Am i lying
@Poster
The people coming back should adapt fast to 'nigerian factors' like epileptic power,roger for ndi ekelebe otherwise they will run back to where they are coming from.
Re: Effect Of The Us Recession On Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 27, 2009
so Asha, u mean its still better out there?
Re: Effect Of The Us Recession On Nigerian Economy by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On Jan 27, 2009
Here is my attempt at a joke with a true story

The other day, I went into a Food4Less Store and bought over 60 cans of Campbells Soup in a can for $1 per can. Now if you have ever eaten those things, you would swear it was restaurant food package in a big can for you. Lol . As I take reach home, open one of these cans and emptied it's content into my bowl, microwaved it and sat down to eat. As I take sitdown, put the first spoon of food in my mouth, na so I take begin to dey cry. I cried because many of the poor in Nigeria today can not afford this sort of good soup in a can. ROFLMAO!!!

God bless campbell and McDonalds ooo!!

WARNING: If you work at campbell, I suggest you not come on here to tell me how it is made ! this is a warning!!! angry
Re: Effect Of The Us Recession On Nigerian Economy by asha80(m): 8:07pm On Jan 27, 2009
so Asha, u mean its still better out there?

Do not get me wrong.There are people who are 'making it in nigeria' but on the average nigerian economy at the moment is nowhere near the US economy despite the recession.All i am saying is that they should not come back expecting the basic necessities of life working because simply put they are almost non existent necessitating whoever is coming back provide these for him or herself.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Light Rail Will Be Completed By June 2013 Says Fashola / Hon.moyo Ogunlewe Wishes Dad A Happy Birthday On Instagram / Illiteracy + Tribalism = South-East, South-South Hijack Nigeria’s Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.