Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,878 members, 7,838,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

True Mother Of Ekiti Violence Victim Shows Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / True Mother Of Ekiti Violence Victim Shows Up (711 Views)

Fayose Buys Fuel From Black Market Sellers Because Of Ekiti Fuel Scarcity (Photo / True Mother Of Ekiti Violence Victim Shows Up / True Mother Of Ekiti Violence Victim Shows Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Mother Of Ekiti Violence Victim Shows Up by spako4(m): 11:42pm On Apr 10, 2015
True mother of Ekiti violence victim shows up

April 10, 2015 : Kamarudeen Ogundele 31 Comments

A woman, Mrs. Deborah Akinyemi, has said she is the mother of the late Modupe Taiwo killed on Tuesday during the wild anti-impeachment protest by supporters of Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, in Efon Alaaye Local Government Area of the state.

A woman who introduced herself as Mrs. Apeke Olaya had told journalists at the Government House on Wednesday that she was the mother of the deceased.

She also mentioned one Mr. Gabriel Ogundele, a member of the Ekiti State House of Assembly, as the alleged killer.

But Mrs. Akinyemi who spoke with journalists in Efon Alaaye on Friday said Mrs. Olaya was an aunt of the deceased and not the mother as she claimed.

While exonerating Ogundele as the alleged killer, she said Olaya, whom she said was a PDP member went to the Government House where she spoke with journalists without informing the family.

“I don’t know who killed my son. I don’t know; I can’t say. They were saying it was one lawmaker that killed my son, how can that be?

“I last saw him (the decaesed) two days before his death. He was born in May 1982. His colleagues said he was among those protesting.

“The woman that came to the Government House was just his aunt. I’m his true mother. She (Mrs. Olaya) went there without the knowledge of the family.”

Mrs. Akinyemi said she had the deceased from her first marriage before his father was killed during a political violence involving members of the National Party of Nigeria and Unity Party of Nigeria in 1983.

“I was shocked when the woman came to tell me she had gone to claim she was the mother. She didn’t bring anything to me, but I know she is a member of the PDP.

“I have not seen his corpse since then. My son is irreplaceable. There is nothing I can do as a poor widow, but I have left vengeance for God,” she added
Re: True Mother Of Ekiti Violence Victim Shows Up by Holywizard: 12:08am On Apr 11, 2015
ur son is one of those yoruba noise makers who doesn't have de moral to hit but dey will end up like rats.

Sorry to say this...ur son is a tout!!!
Re: True Mother Of Ekiti Violence Victim Shows Up by SHARIAREPORTERS: 12:11am On Apr 11, 2015
Let the dead bury the dead
Re: True Mother Of Ekiti Violence Victim Shows Up by Slow547: 6:26am On Apr 11, 2015
Just sad
Re: True Mother Of Ekiti Violence Victim Shows Up by spako4(m): 7:43am On Apr 11, 2015
That is d product of pdp and wadata house.
Re: True Mother Of Ekiti Violence Victim Shows Up by modath(f): 7:53am On Apr 11, 2015
Its strange and oddly ironic that both father and son left this world the same way, ancestral curse or what can we call it? undecided
Re: True Mother Of Ekiti Violence Victim Shows Up by spako4(m): 5:31pm On Apr 13, 2015
misery!

(1) (Reply)

Unofficial Result For Lagos Gov Election 2015 / Simon Lalung Of APC Leading In Plateau State / Buhari To Family My Administration Is Not A Gateway To Your Enrichment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.