Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

It's No Longer About Jk And Ambode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It's No Longer About Jk And Ambode (893 Views)

Bola Tinubu And Ambode At The Eyo Festival In Lagos (Photos) / Buhari And Ambode Commission Edo University (Photos) / Osinbajo, Fashola And Ambode At Dangote Refinery In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's No Longer About Jk And Ambode by semochendo1(m): 8:43am On Apr 11, 2015
IT'S NO LONGER ABOUT AMBODE OR JK.

Indisputably, the statement credited to Oba Akiolu mandating the Igbo's support for Ambode is quite unacceptable, undemocratic and uncivilized, however, every reasonable Yoruba man must wake up to the sensitivity of the issue emanating from his statement.

The Igbos have taken this too far and are ready to go extra mile to prove that Lagos is a no man's land and that they are too relevant in the lagos political equation, hence,have vowed their support for Jk. I'm sure, more than 90% of them will vote JK.

As untribalistic as I am in every dealings of my life, the sensitivity of this must arouse the subdued tribal sentiment in every mind that can thinks.

Every tribe knows their region and hold their leaders in high esteem, so, if the Igbos are claiming Lagos and also trying to render our traditional leader useless and you are jumping about it, honestly you are selling your tribal integrity.

It's no Longer about Ambode or Jk, It's about protecting the integrity of our traditional institution, It's about placing the Igbos where they belong in our political equation.. It's being said that "if a slave spends long enough time at home, he will make ancestral curse", bi eru ba pe nile, yi o sepe alajobi.

Bi eru ba mo ara e leru, ti iwofa mo ara e ni iwofa, all will be peaceful.

Yorubas are so accommodating, but that shouldn't be abused. We love the igbos, I love them most because I served there, but this time, even though we are one Nigeria, my traditional institution deserves to be respected.

VOTE AMBODE, PROTECT OUR TRRADITIONAL INTEGRITY!

6 Likes

Re: It's No Longer About Jk And Ambode by temitemi1(m): 8:49am On Apr 11, 2015
Capital TRASH!
semochendo1:
IT'S NO LONGER ABOUT AMBODE OR JK.

Indisputably, the statement credited to Oba Akiolu mandating the Igbo's support for Ambode is quite unacceptable, undemocratic and uncivilized, however, every reasonable Yoruba man must wake up to the sensitivity of the issue emanating from his statement.

The Igbos have taken this too far and are ready to go extra mile to prove that Lagos is a no man's land and that they are too relevant in the lagos political equation, hence,have vowed their support for Jk. I'm sure, more than 90% of them will vote JK.

As untribalistic as I am in every dealings of my life, the sensitivity of this must arouse the subdued tribal sentiment in every mind that can thinks.

Every tribe knows their region and hold their leaders in high esteem, so, if the Igbos are claiming Lagos and also trying to render our traditional leader useless and you are jumping about it, honestly you are selling your tribal integrity.

It's no Longer about Ambode or Jk, It's about protecting the integrity of our traditional institution, It's about placing the Igbos where they belong in our political equation.. It's being said that "if a slave spends long enough time at home, he will make ancestral curse", bi eru ba pe nile, yi o sepe alajobi.

Bi eru ba mo ara e leru, ti iwofa mo ara e ni iwofa, all will be peaceful.

Yorubas are so accommodating, but that shouldn't be abused. We love the igbos, I love them most because I served there, but this time, even though we are one Nigeria, my traditional institution deserves to be respected.

VOTE AMBODE, PROTECT OUR TRRADITIONAL INTEGRITY!

1 Like

Re: It's No Longer About Jk And Ambode by tunwumi: 8:49am On Apr 11, 2015
Lovely write up but how many of this erats will go out and vote?

Don't mind the people online that kept populating the board with hate words.

I live with Igbos I have not even seen one of them going out for accreditation unlike the Presidential time.

This is what they are know for noise making.

3 Likes

Re: It's No Longer About Jk And Ambode by mployer(m): 8:50am On Apr 11, 2015
I don't understand you guys.

Igbos didn't threaten anybody, they only made a choice of where to cast their vote like every other Nigerian. How is this giving you heart attack?

If you think you need their vote, then talk with them. Forget the unnecessary intimidation, it is not working.

2 Likes

Re: It's No Longer About Jk And Ambode by beycity(m): 8:59am On Apr 11, 2015
OP.... Last minute Campaign I guess?? But sorry! Our mind is made up already.
#JK
#JK
#JK
#JK
#JK

1 Like

Re: It's No Longer About Jk And Ambode by pressplay55: 9:04am On Apr 11, 2015
the issue now is, must yoruba's will still vote kj, because some of them dont care about tribal sentiment
tho jk will be close byt will not win

2 Likes

Re: It's No Longer About Jk And Ambode by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 11, 2015
Re: It's No Longer About Jk And Ambode by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 11, 2015
God bless you Op. You have made a salient point there its not about PDP or APC but the protection of our collective heritage

1 Like

Re: It's No Longer About Jk And Ambode by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 11, 2015
I hate it when people becomes irresposible. Why would youths, the supposed leaders of tommorow be in support of what the foolish old man called oba said against the Igbos?

The Igbos did not abuse him, they did not commit anything to deserve such irresponsible empty threat of ethnic cleansing which was internationaly condemned.

The Igbos, just like other ethnic nationalities in Nigeria have the constitution right to vote whoever they are pleased with his manisfesto.

Why are the so called most educated region at times behaves worse than illitrates? Or is their certificates aquired and a scam?

1 Like

Re: It's No Longer About Jk And Ambode by adeoladrg(m): 9:43am On Apr 11, 2015
We should vote someone who is not a Lagosian?

JK
Jk
Jk
Jk

1 Like

Re: It's No Longer About Jk And Ambode by semochendo1(m): 10:18am On Apr 11, 2015
masterpower:
I hate it when people becomes irresposible. Why would youths, the supposed leaders of tommorow be in support of what the foolish old man called oba said against the Igbos?

The Igbos did not abuse him, they did not commit anything to deserve such irresponsible empty threat of ethnic cleansing which was internationaly condemned.

The Igbos, just like other ethnic nationalities in Nigeria have the constitution right to vote whoever they are pleased with his manisfesto.

Why are the so called most educated region at times behaves worse than illitrates? Or is their certificates aquired and a scam?

I think you can read the first paragraph of the post. The oba's comment is highly condemnable. But It's beyond just the statement now.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tales On The Lagoon / Supreme Court Rules Against Fayose Impeachment,not Cleared Of Criminal / Court Orders British Authorities To Bring Back Mother, Son Deported To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.