Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,149 members, 7,821,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Airline To Naija - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Airline To Naija (1297 Views)

GOL Airline To Begin Flights To Lagos / The Cheapest Airline To Dubai From Nigeria / Best Airline To Travel From US To Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airline To Naija by san26dy(f): 7:26am On Jan 28, 2009
Please my fellow nairalanders, which airline should I take? I am travelling from US to Naija. I don't want any airline that will keep me for 24hrs with stop here stop there 'cos I'm travelling with little kids, you know how kids and luggages are. I also don't want to arrive Naija late at night. This is our first time travelling and I am not using any travelling agency.
Re: Airline To Naija by OgidiBoy(m): 7:32am On Jan 28, 2009
Check with Delta Airlines, the have direct fights from Atlanta to Lagos. It's about a 9 hour direct fight and the really not that expensive. Of Cause it depends on the time period you traveling.
Re: Airline To Naija by san26dy(f): 7:38am On Jan 28, 2009
I'm travelling by end of march.
Re: Airline To Naija by san26dy(f): 7:23pm On Jan 28, 2009
please my brothers and sisiters, I really need help. I know many people here travel a lot. Which airline can I give an ounce of trust. thanks Ogidiboy.
Re: Airline To Naija by cvibe: 7:27pm On Jan 28, 2009
Sandy,

Use google to find the information you need.
Re: Airline To Naija by morpheus24: 7:37pm On Jan 28, 2009
san26dy:

Please my fellow nairalanders, which airline should I take? I am travelling from US to Naija. I don't want any airline that will keep me for 24hrs with stop here stop there 'cos I'm travelling with little kids, you know how kids and luggages are. I also don't want to arrive Naija late at night. This is our first time travelling and I am not using any travelling agency.

Continental/Virgin Nigeria is not a bad flight. Only prolem is you migh have to switch airports in the Uk,not nice if yo have a lot of baggage.

Delta is short and sweet but seats are a little uncomfortabel cause they use smaller planes

BA/Luftansa/KLM re all good,lay over in europe not too bad but they arrive lagos at night

Air france good but short layover, need enough time for transit to terminal at Charles de Gaulle.

Hope that helps
Re: Airline To Naija by tRoOE(f): 6:02am On Jan 29, 2009
morpheus24:

Continental/Virgin Nigeria is not a bad flight. Only prolem is you migh have to switch airports in the Uk,not nice if yo have a lot of baggage.

Delta is short and sweet but seats are a little uncomfortabel cause they use smaller planes

BA/Luftansa/KLM re all good,lay over in europe not too bad but they arrive lagos at night

Air france good but short layover, need enough time for transit to terminal at Charles de Gaulle.

Hope that helps

Don't ever take Virgin Nigeria, useless airline
Too many cancellation/delays
Virgin Atlantic is the best/great service
Re: Airline To Naija by OgidiBoy(m): 6:07am On Jan 29, 2009
March is a very good time to travel, you don't have to worry about the Christmas rush a lot of Nigerians travel in December and the Airlines here and in Nigeria jack up there prices. Also it's not summer yet cause prices do go up in the summer months. If you've made up your mind about traveling in March just find you a travel agent and tell them to get you the Delta flight to Nigeria. If I was you, I'll get my tickets as soon as possible I'm sure you know the closer to your departure date the more expensive your ticket.

Have a safe trip, and pls don't forget to get me some crayfish, and egusi. grin
Re: Airline To Naija by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 30, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Check with Delta Airlines, the have direct fights from Atlanta to Lagos. It's about a 9 hour direct fight and the really not that expensive. Of Cause it depends on the time period you traveling.

Omo is dia aeromplane now running on "palm oil" cos my last flight was 12hrs oo. grin
Okay, the layoffs are beginning to get to me. Just trying to be happy
Re: Airline To Naija by Bossman(m): 6:24pm On Jan 30, 2009
As already mentioned, if you want direct but a little uncomfortable flight due to the size of the aircraft and the travel time, go with Delta. I have not used them yet, but I have travelled with most other European airlines that go from here to Lagos, with stopover in Europe of course. In my experience, the layovers with most of them are not too bad. In October with KLM I think my layover was 2 hrs. My Air France flight for June also has about a 2 hr. layover.

I'd suggest you try orbitz, farechase, cheaptickets, etc. I mostly use orbitz.

Edit: Make sure you note your layover. I think if you fly Virgin Atlantic from here, you wil have to spend the night in UK because of the time they get to London and the time the connecting flight leaves for Lagos.
Re: Airline To Naija by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 30, 2009
Bossman:

As already mentioned, if you want direct but a little uncomfortable flight due to the size of the aircraft and the travel time, go with Delta. I have not used them yet, but I have travelled with most other European airlines that go from here to Lagos, with stopover in Europe of course. In my experience, the layovers with most of them are not too bad. In October with KLM I think my layover was 2 hrs. My Air France flight for June also has about a 2 hr. layover.

Edit: Make sure you note your layover. I think if you fly Virgin Atlantic from here, you wil have to spend the night in UK because of the time they get to London and the time the connecting flight leaves for Lagos.

I don't think orbitz and cheaptickets are really that good for international flights (esp to naija).
Get in touch with naija agents in the US. They have the best deals. I bought a ticket for $790 one time when peeps were paying $1300.
For delta, there's really not much disparity in their online/agent prices sha
Re: Airline To Naija by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 30, 2009
Bossman:

I don't think orbitz and cheaptickets are really that good for international flights (esp to naija).
Get in touch with naija agents in the US. They have the best deals. I bought a ticket for $790 one time when peeps were paying $1300.
For delta, there's really not much disparity in their online/agent prices sha
Re: Airline To Naija by 1forall: 4:12pm On Feb 01, 2009
Hey san26dy. Best to do in your case is to book your flight on Delta. . . nothing beats a direct flight. Do so on their website www.delta.com
Get their number off their site and follow up with a call to confirm your booking/payment and clarify any other queries you may have.

Cheers!
Re: Airline To Naija by tRoOE(f): 6:15pm On Feb 02, 2009
Bossman:

That is false because that is the Airline i used. They have two hrs stopover in UK and the flight leave at 12am and get to Naija by 6am.
Re: Airline To Naija by Delta007(m): 8:18pm On Feb 02, 2009
If you can get a reasonable fair , direct flight from Atlanta using Delta, I'd strongly recommend it. . .although travelling with kids, it can be a tough one on a pretty long flight.

However, try sites like www.kayak.com or www.vayama.com to compare prices. If you have a pretty good travel agent, you might be able to get good deals. Lastly, since you are going along with kids, you might want to play with your "connection times", if any, to avoid pretty long wait times in airports. Personally, I hate (with a passion), sitting in an airport for more than an hr.
Re: Airline To Naija by Hauwa1: 2:55am On Feb 03, 2009
A-town, can someone get a good price if traveling in the summer say August and gets the ticket in March or April?

(1) (Reply)

Courier Service / Travelling To Uk With British Passport / Advice: Msc In Australia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.