Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Hilarious Trends In Nollywood - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hilarious Trends In Nollywood (858 Views)

10 Images That Prove Special Effects Have Improved In Nollywood (graphic) / Mike Ezuruonye Speaks Chinese In Nollywood Movie / Mr. Oreo Iyanya Makes Acting Debut In Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hilarious Trends In Nollywood by mamadsquare: 1:01pm On Apr 11, 2015
Hi fellow Nairalanders, i have noticed a trend in our movie industry that i want us to discuss.
[b][/b]1. Costuming and makeup
In the past, costumes to be used while shooting a movie were usually provided by a costumier who understands what the character is to be portrayed as with regards to plot, setting etc.
Now, it is something entirely different. Take for example the following:

A lady who is at home, expecting a friend (padi friend o) and she is in her living room with six inch heels on! Please who does that?
And they are not going anywhere o!

Or being in the house on a work free day with 100% makeup. Haba!

Or a family that is portrayed as poor and suffering, and there is a 20-something year old daughter who has acrylic nails and eyelashes fixed, and this daughter is put across in the movie as a morally upright person.

Or a lady that has just had passionate sexx and her makeup and hair is perfect.

Also, the fact that you are a young lady who is comfortable means whether you are going to the cinema, grocery shopping, meeting with friends, going to work, visiting your fiance or even his family means you can only dress half nakid.

The male actors actually are more original as per the looks matching with character.

Please Please and Pleeaaase, understand the plot, the circumstance, the character before beginning shooting.

[b][/b]2. Armed robbery
It is only in Nigerian movies that you see armed robbers show off.
You see these robbers hanging off a danfo, smoking cigarettes and brandishing guns and driving around the city in broad daylight. And its not as if the police is chasing after them o.

[b][/b]3. The concept of 'Epic'
We see 'epic' movies, set in pre-colonial era where ladies have modern tattoos on their bodies, fix eyelashes, have Brazilian hair on (rolled into small knots), French tip nails too. Male characters also have modern hair cut styles on. You mean all these were the trend in the 1800's?

I am not here to criticize, just merely making an observation. Although i must say that there are some movie makers ( I mean crew now) who really understand and give us nothing short of the best. Thumbs up to them.

Nollywood is a great brand from Nigeria to the world and I must say that the potential in the industry has seen a significant rise in the past few years till now and it should only get better.
All stakeholders involved in making movies should do some thorough home work so that these movies can come out great at the end of the day.

Feel free to add your own observations.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hilarious Trends In Nollywood by MrFlavvor(m): 1:04pm On Apr 11, 2015
@Op,dat na true talk
Re: Hilarious Trends In Nollywood by MrFlavvor(m): 1:05pm On Apr 11, 2015
@Op,dat na true talk cool
Re: Hilarious Trends In Nollywood by goodmorning40: 1:22pm On Apr 11, 2015
It is in nolly wood u see a poor village widow farming with well fixed and polished nails
U watch film to have fun and relax but with molly wood u end up being angry bored and disappointed because of the nonsense they concoct

3 Likes

Re: Hilarious Trends In Nollywood by plumule(m): 1:24pm On Apr 11, 2015
Error and mistakes in spoken words, sometimes i wonder isnt there a person or group of people who watch over grammatical errors. Imagine tonto dikeh calling her uncle a witch. Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Hilarious Trends In Nollywood by mamadsquare: 5:52pm On Apr 11, 2015
plumule:
Error and mistakes in spoken words, sometimes i wonder isnt there a person or group of people who watch over grammatical errors. Imagine tonto dikeh calling her uncle a witch. Smh.
Witch ke? Oga o

(1) (Reply)

How Real Are The Actions In WWE Wrestling? / Amaechi Muonagor And Cynthia Onuohia Rock Army Uniform In New Movie (photo) / Make Yourself Popular Today, Share And Promote Your Works On Padypady.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.