Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Combating Halitosis - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Combating Halitosis (30903 Views)

Bad Breath (halitosis) And How They Can Be Controlled / Good News,you Can Now Cure That Bad Breath (halitosis) / Halitosis Solution... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Combating Halitosis by eROCK247(m): 8:47am On Apr 12, 2015
madukovich:

It doesn't, and may infact worsen the situation, as it glosses over and further cements deposits like plaque and calculus to the surfaces of teeth, which contributes to halitosis.

A toothbrush and paste remain the best options for now.
Are u saying all our ancestors who solely depended on chewing sticks had stinking breath Ah don bilivit!!!
Re: Combating Halitosis by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 12, 2015
CyberEBOLA:
My bad breath is soo much that i now stink to myself. I have disorganised teeth pattern which also made having friends worst. I brush 3 times a day and floss as much as possible yet the odour will even increase with profuse bleeding. All the girls i have managed to get as friends all left me for no reason which i am sure must be due to the chronic mouth odour and dental misformation. The worst part is that i am sooo poor to see a dentist i cant afford the fee. Please help a self esteem depreciating nigga before its too late.

It is possible that the way your teeth are set may have contributed to the level of halitosis in your case, hence making attempts to curb it difficult however, much can be done to remedy the situation.

You may need to see an ORTHODONTIST, dentist who realign teeth to their proper positions, who will place braces on your teeth, to be worn for at least 18 months, after which a removable appliance is then worn for about 6months to prevent relapse.

The procedure is quite expensive, costing close to a million naira (conservative estimates), and may not be an option you may consider for now, as you have clearly stated that you have no money.

On the flip side, your dentist may help you clean the areas your toothbrush may not be able to reach, when you do scaling and polishing, which is quite affordable, and should be done every 6months at least, while you maintain by brushing in between visits.

This will go a long way in dropping the level for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Combating Halitosis by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 12, 2015
eROCK247:
Are u saying all our ancestors who solely depended on chewing sticks had stinking breath Ah don bilivit!!!

Nope, but what we call bad breath today might have been considered a Unique Selling Point (USP) back in those days, but jokes apart chewing/cleaning sticks does help in some way to keep the teeth clean, but hardly remove deposits that aid gum disease progression, and therefore couldn't have been as good as toothbrushing, flossing and regular visits to the dentist.
Re: Combating Halitosis by funluvy78(f): 9:13am On Apr 12, 2015
Insighful write-up! Do you know that Lime can also be used to combat "Halitosis",a Slice of lime/lemon can be used to wash the mouth/tongue in the morning and another slice @ night.it is also used to clean the armpits after having your bath so it won't smell.it can also be used to clean the dirt @ the back of your neck,so that the collar of your shirt won't turn brown.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Combating Halitosis by Isomerizm(m): 9:29am On Apr 12, 2015
imoleay0:
I have to share this topic with my pretty ex-girlfriend.
Dumb comment. And I can see that your kinds 'liked' it.
Re: Combating Halitosis by CyberEBOLA(m): 9:45am On Apr 12, 2015
madukovich:

It is possible that the way your teeth are set may have contributed to the level of halitosis in your case, hence making attempts to curb it difficult however, much can be done to remedy the situation.

You may need to see an ORTHODONTIST, dentist who realign teeth to their proper positions, who will place braces on your teeth, to be worn for at least 18 months, after which a removable appliance is then worn for about 6months to prevent relapse.

The procedure is quite expensive, costing close to a million naira (conservative estimates), and may not be an option you may consider for now, as you have clearly stated that you have no money.

On the flip side, your dentist may help you clean the areas your toothbrush may not be able to reach, when you do scaling and polishing, which is quite affordable, and should be done every 6months at least, while you maintain by brushing in between visits.

This will go a long way in dropping the level for you.

Thanks a lot bro. I really appreciate. I will try as much as possible to see a dentist soon.

2 Likes

Re: Combating Halitosis by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 12, 2015
Too long
Re: Combating Halitosis by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 12, 2015
Too long...me no get am sha
Re: Combating Halitosis by StarboyMichael(m): 12:36pm On Apr 12, 2015
Another thread stated that tonsil stones are also responsible for bad breath.
Re: Combating Halitosis by Insightz(m): 7:01pm On Apr 12, 2015
Will add the following tips as well:

1. Use the right toothbrush. Some may require either soft, medium to hard.
2. Change your toothbrush frequently. 6 months no longer cuts it. Also keep it clean
3. occasionally brush with sea salt; toothpaste can give a false sense of freshness
4. Clean your tongue as well. Some bad boys are on that pink baby
5. Brush your teeth for at least 2 minutes. And, Dont brush as if you are at war with your mouth and teeth. Treat them gently
6. Floss, floss, floss floss. Cant sress this enough. At least once a week. At least!
7. Inhale and exale during the course of the day. get some oxyge into your mouth as much as possible.
8. Use your tongue as a brush. Swipe it from side to side frequently
9. See you dentist for some under the hood checks

2 Likes

Re: Combating Halitosis by sleekch1c(f): 7:05pm On Apr 12, 2015
funluvy78:
Insighful write-up! Do you know that Lime can also be used to combat "Halitosis",a Slice of lime/lemon can be used to wash the mouth/tongue in the morning and another slice @ night.it is also used to clean the armpits after having your bath so it won't smell.it can also be used to clean the dirt @ the back of your neck,so that the collar of your shirt won't turn brown.
No!!!
Do not use lime on your teeth.
It is acidic and will cause the enamel of your tooth to erode.

2 Likes

Re: Combating Halitosis by funluvy78(f): 1:35pm On Apr 13, 2015
sleekch1c:

No!!!
Do not use lime on your teeth.
It is acidic and will cause the enamel of your tooth to erode.
Yeah! Sorry,I meant "tongue"
Re: Combating Halitosis by joyluv2008: 1:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
k

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. / At 29, She's Still Bed Wetting Please Help Her!!!!! / Most Common Reasons For Missed Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.