Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom (25069 Views)

Ondo2016: PDP Posts Photo Of Soldier Arrested In Abuja, Claiming It's In Ondo / 10 Sect Members, One Soldier Killed In Okene Clash - Tribune / Nigerian Soldier Arrested After Shooting Indiscriminately In Damaturu (2) (3) (4)

10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by lalasticlala(m): 7:56pm On Apr 11, 2015
Though the governorship and state house of Assembly elections that took place nationwide Saturday was generally peaceful in Akwa Ibom State, 10 corps members and a soldier were reportedly arrested at the home of a retired General and former NYSC Director, Gen. Edet Akpan, by men of the Department of Security Service for electoral offences.

The state Resident Electoral Commissioner, Barr Austin Okojie gave this report while taking a break from the election to brief the press in Uyo, the state capital.

Okojie who reacted to general complains about late arrival of result sheets and compromise by some INEC officials said INEC received sensitive materials on Tuesday, despatched to local government areas on Thursday for early dispatch to polling units.

He regretted that the issue of late arrival of result sheets is never the policy of INEC, as the commission has no reason to withhold any sensitive material.

“The issue of late arrival of result sheet should not even arise because we issue all the sensitive materials at once and have trained and warned our electoral officers against dispatching any electoral material to politicians.”

Okojie who reported cases of violence in Uyo, Ibesikpo, Nsit Ubium and Mkpat Enin, Nsit Ibom and Etinan local government areas said these are basically security issues and commended security agencies for being alive to their responsibilities.

He further reported prompt replacement of card readers in areas where a few were reported to have malfunctioned.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/10-nysc-members-one-soldier-arrested-in-akwa-ibom/
Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by Nursecaleb(m): 7:56pm On Apr 11, 2015
what offenses? you can't just cart people away without reasons,btw who day arrest soldier,soldier? abeg remix ur lie,go ft lie muRamhed grin

Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by RoyalBlak007: 7:58pm On Apr 11, 2015
What a day!!!! angry

Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by Glowstone(m): 7:58pm On Apr 11, 2015
Umana should calm down he can't win Akwa Ibom even if he was in Pdp _

Udom is way better than him

OK
show your love for pdp by liking this post

and share this post to show your love for Apc
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

50 Likes 64 Shares

Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by Rilwayne001: 7:59pm On Apr 11, 2015
Thunder fire PDP angry

Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by Firmjudge(m): 8:02pm On Apr 11, 2015
Na picture i day always day after for this kin new.

Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 11, 2015
I pity some youth corp members who see this election as an opportunity to make 'sharp' money. A good name is more valuable than gold.

They should be made to face the full wrath of the law so they can serve as shinning examples to others shikina!

Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by Onemansquad(m): 8:06pm On Apr 11, 2015
*in burna boy's voice* and if u neva chop YAWA DEY OO
Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by gerrardomendes(m): 8:06pm On Apr 11, 2015
APC should forget akwa ibom. You can't sweep our money to the west in the name of change. Tinubu will not eat our oil money and tell us to keep d "CHANGE"

Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by niceguy7(m): 8:06pm On Apr 11, 2015
Yes....kudos to the security personnel.
Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by thefakestan: 8:06pm On Apr 11, 2015
Why is Akwa Ibom tense?
Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by Kelklein(m): 8:06pm On Apr 11, 2015
na wa o!

Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by januzaj(m): 8:07pm On Apr 11, 2015
all hail JK...
he is leading in abia.. .Enugu......akwa ibom

Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by hemartins(m): 8:07pm On Apr 11, 2015
Fight for power. The so called mighty politicians are quick to use this young people that are just trying to build their lives.
Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by ednut1(m): 8:07pm On Apr 11, 2015
jail them, some of those corpers go dey nairaland. dey form saint. 20 Years on jail for dem

Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by olu4life(m): 8:07pm On Apr 11, 2015
Sincerely speaking they should just free those corp members or give mild punishment. I've heard of cases whereby they threaten corpers or get killed. So what would u do if u were in their shoes?!

Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by tunshe: 8:07pm On Apr 11, 2015
Corp member1. .....Guys! cool cash,let's do it.

Corp member 2.... I'm afraid o.

Corp member 3.....Na Gen. dey in charge of the rigging,cool down.

DSS..................General, I'm sorry , you are under arrest.

Gen.................I am a retired general and we have been doing this for a long time. We are covered,can I make some calls?

DSS...............Sorry! Barrack don change, the fear of GMB is the beginning of wisdom. It's no longer business as usual.

Corp member 4.....Yeee! Make my name no show for nairaland o.

Corp member 5.....had I known that every day is for the thief but one day is for the owner.

Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by oaliijpo: 8:07pm On Apr 11, 2015
Corper don Bleep up
Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by Murphylink(m): 8:07pm On Apr 11, 2015
May God save us from do or die affairs
Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by MrHighSea: 8:07pm On Apr 11, 2015
Corper shun, na pass out b dt.
Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by 1stola: 8:08pm On Apr 11, 2015
This rogue of a governor just don't want to give up sad
APC will surely win.
And to those so-called leaders of tomorrow corpers, i hope they will spend a long time behind bars.
Sai Ambode
SAI BUHARI.

Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by LewisO: 8:08pm On Apr 11, 2015
None of my biz!

Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:08pm On Apr 11, 2015
Click Like if you believe PDP is dead.

Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by OKLOADEDoCOM: 8:09pm On Apr 11, 2015
Never lose focus on god he can never change, happy weekend and may God bless everyone
Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by Lifebender(m): 8:09pm On Apr 11, 2015
Did i see the word [size=18pt]''Peaceful''[/size]therewith so many graphic pic on #land and the tales coming from there u still call that peaceful?
Anyway Ambode af win,is win,must win,go win,don win grin
Ichidodo,How market nahShey una don dey pack ya load small small grin grin.

Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by efilefun(m): 8:09pm On Apr 11, 2015
Yet some people will say it is free fair and violent free...smh
Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by Phemzeal(f): 8:09pm On Apr 11, 2015
#DerisGod oooo ....chai
Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by Samirana360(m): 8:09pm On Apr 11, 2015
H
Re: 10 NYSC Members, One Soldier Arrested In Akwa Ibom by ignis: 8:10pm On Apr 11, 2015
ednut1:
jail them, some of those corpers go dey nairaland. dey form saint. 20 Years on jail for dem

Haba . That's too much now....

Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday / Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations / 'Buhari Tower' Abuja Named After President Muhammadu Buhari