Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,733 members, 7,813,411 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? (45148 Views)

Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React / Do You Know That 'dab' Dance Move Is Anti-christ Demonic? Here's Why! / Absolutely Shocking News About the NIV Bible! All Must Know! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Ishilove: 4:20pm On Jul 11, 2015
I came across this thread that left me alarmed and sweating because the NIV is my favourite translation and it is what i read 95% of the time:
christaddicted:
If you own a New International Version (NIV). Did you know that it was written by Zondervan
and they are OWNED by Harper Collins, who also publish the The Satanic Bible, and The Joy of Gay Sex.

NIV has removed 64,575 words from the Bible including Jehovah, Calvary, Holy Ghost and omnipotent to name but a few... NIV has also removed 45 complete verses. Most of us have the Bible on our phones. Try and find these scriptures under NIV on your phone right now if
you don't believe me:

Matthew 17:21
- Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

Matthew 18:11 -
For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

Matthew 23:14
- Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

Mark 7:16 -
If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.

Mark 9:44 -
Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Luke 17:36
- Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Luke 23:17 -
(For of necessity he must release one unto them at the feast.)

John 5:4 -
For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.

Acts 8:37 -
And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

You will not believe your eyes. These verses are not in NIV bible!!! Let's not forget what the Word says in John10:10 #KingJamesVersion

https://www.nairaland.com/2442956/absolutely-shocking-all-christians-must

I was alarmed, especially when I cross-checked my own copy of the NIV bible and discovered it was true. But then, another Nairalander countered the above with this:

Gombs:
Well, there are a list of Bible verses in the New Testament that are present in the King James Version (KJV) but absent from some Bible translations completed after the publication of The New Testament in the Original Greek in 1881 and the later Novum Testamentum Graece (first published in 1898 and revised many times since that date).

These editions of the Greek text took into account early manuscripts of the New Testament which had not been available to translators before the 19th century, notably those of the Alexandrian text-type .

The verses are present in the New King James Version , published in 1979, as well as the New American Standard Bible , though for most verses these translations include footnotes indicating doubts about their authenticity.

Most modern textual scholars consider these verses interpolations , or additions by later authors, but exceptions include advocates of the Byzantine or Majority Text and of the Received Text .

When a verse is omitted, later ones in the same chapter retain their traditional numbering. Apart from omitted entire verses, there are other omitted words and phrases in some modern translations such as the famous Comma Johanneum.

In particular these specific verses you quoted are not in the New International Version (NIV) main text. For some of the verses, there is a possible reasoning for "omission".

Note: In the New International Version, those verses are absent from the main text, but have been translated for inclusion in the footnotes(fn).

NIV is generally in agreement with the Nestle-Aland editions of the Greek New Testament which relegate such verses to the margin.

Update: The NIV2011 no longer has some of the verses that were included in footnotes in the 1984 and previous versions of the NIV.

For example
Matthew 17:21
KJV: Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

NIVfn: But this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.

NIV2011fn: Some manuscripts include here words similar to Mark 9:29.

I think we ought to find out reasons for some things we do not understand, especially in the Bible.

Isn't it strange that Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, Pastor Kumuiyi, Pastor E. A. Adeboye etc still uses the NIV in their devotionals? We can't claim they were ignorant of the fact some texts were missing (used in footnotes)

As many that may have believed the message some of us help spread , for example, shredding their NIV, me thinks we need correct the error of that message. Some people will build an ideology about the NIV, whereas there was no need for it.

As for publishers, those guys are a publishing company, and can publish as much books as they like.

For example, LWPM publishes the ROR Bible, a KJV Bible... If LWPM suddenly starts publishing x rated books, will you call KJV devilish and blasphemous?

Let's be cautious... Not being babies tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine.

Amen

Stop helping the devil spread his propaganda.
https://www.nairaland.com/2430755/disregard-all-messages-social-media#35732940

I was relieved, and a bit confused. This comment by another Nairalander on the same thread added to the befuddlement:

MrPresident1:

Ishi, there is no relief yet, we have been shouting about the authenticity of latter day Bible translations and the motives for their production and circulation for a while now, hopefully a few more people will do their own research and get to their own conclusions, everyone will not see it yet, but blessed is the one who is able to make the connection, because it is the first step out of slavery.

The NIV Bible is heavily doctored and compromised, is it when they publish the gay Bible that my people will wake up from their slumber? It may just be too late by then.

The Bible is written in figurative language; deep allegories, metaphors, etc. It was never meant to be literal, or literal interpretations are the very first steps, remember Paul warned about the dichotomy of milk and milk and the Proverbs tell us about understanding the dark sayings of old.

The NIV compromised Bible in its fake and dubious attempt to make the Bible literal (purportedltyto make it easier to understand) has heavily doctored and watered the Holy Scriptures to suit an evil agenda, this is a very serious attempt to hide the truth of God's nature, and it is a direct attack against God.

See how the KJV and NIV renders this verse:

Isaiah 45:1 KJV
Thus saith the LORD to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;

Isaiah 45:1-7New International Version (NIV)
45 “This is what the Lord says to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of to subdue nations before him and to strip kings of their armor, to open doors before him so that gates will not be shut:

Look at how KJV renders the verse, pay close attention I know you are very good with English, you will realise that 'loosening the loins of kings, and opening the two leaved gates' is figurative language for the effect of fear that now causes one to lose control over ones bowels. God is telling Cyrus that He will put Cyrus' fear in the nations he would subdue.

Now compare with the rubbish NIV has interpreted. This is one of many.

Daniel told us that the wise will understand.
https://www.nairaland.com/2430755/disregard-all-messages-social-media#35740192

Now, with all these arguments and counter-arguments, I am wondering what to believe. I however wonder why anything should be omitted from the bible.

Let's discuss.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by EverestdeBliu(m): 4:21pm On Jul 11, 2015
Simple, just 3steps...
1) learn and understand the Hebrew language,for the Bible was originally written in Hebrew.
2) Get the original Bible,untranslated and read the whole from word to word.
3) Before venturing into 1 & 2,pray for the SPIRIT's guidance and divine understanding and interpretation of His word.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Tallesty1(m): 4:26pm On Jul 11, 2015
I stopped reading it the moment I noticed the changes. They compromised the Word of God and published a perverted version of the new NIV to make it acceptable in today's world which is very bad because we are warned in Revelation 22:19 not to add or remove anything from the word of God.

Every word in the bible is very important because it is written that Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. This is the end time sha so every Christian should be very careful lest satan take advantage of him/her with one of his devices." —2nd Corinthians 2:11

BTW, other NIVs are ok and acceptable, it is the 2011 version that was changed, the problem is that they have stopped publishing the old one and also removed "2011" from the new one so that you won't know which one you are buying.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Lordave: 4:33pm On Jul 11, 2015
well, very few people take the bible serious.

But before you move this topic to front page, ensure you do the same to the original thread so that the original OP won't feel cheated.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by herald9: 4:44pm On Jul 11, 2015
The Bible, like any other book written by man is subject to reviews and manipulations. Not surprise.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by kodded(m): 4:44pm On Jul 11, 2015
undecided

i dont read any trash that will damage my faith and belife

modified
***the bible were translated for better understanding undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by eripecs(f): 4:44pm On Jul 11, 2015
Ishilove:
I came across this thread that left me alarmed and sweating:

https://www.nairaland.com/2442956/absolutely-shocking-all-christians-must

I was alarmed, especially when I cross-checked my own copy of the NIV bible and discovered it was true. But then, another Nairalander countered the above with this:

https://www.nairaland.com/2430755/disregard-all-messages-social-media#35732940

I was relieved, and a bit confused. This comment by another Nairalander on the same thread added to the befuddlement:

https://www.nairaland.com/2430755/disregard-all-messages-social-media#35740192

Now, with all these arguments and counter-arguments, I am wondering what to believe. I however wonder why anything should be omitted from the bible?

Let's discuss.
This is why the king james version is preferred to these other versions because a lot of words are tampered with while modernizing it. I can't conclude if its antichrist or not cos i don't use it.

4 Likes

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Rilwayne001: 4:45pm On Jul 11, 2015
THE BIBLE HAS PROBLEM AS A WHOLE AND NOT JUST THE NIV.

RIGHT FROM THE BOOK OF GENESIS TO REVELATIONS, THE PROBLEMS ARE OBVIOUS.

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE

1 John 5:7

New International Version
For there are three that testify:

King James Bible
For there are three that bear record in
heaven, the Father, the Word, and the
Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And The Spirit testifies because The Spirit is the truth.

Which is correct from the above?

http://biblehub.com/1_john/5-7.htm

Christians won't see this untill they read the bible on their own

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 11, 2015
keyzid:
Imagine, a book which all of you claimed to be holy was written by man which is subjected to continuous changes and errors. Hush.... Yall xtians better dig in to the great past and get the real copy and version of the bible which was originally brought by cheesy Christ. Only then will you understand what xtianity is all about. No wonder, those C & S people keep reciting the Koran inversely. sad Toying with other's believe.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by AdeniyiA(m): 4:51pm On Jul 11, 2015
Omitting these verses in the first place is a satanic error which no explanation could cleanse...
The devil would always give apparently good reasons for his action but na lie !

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by okotv(m): 4:53pm On Jul 11, 2015
The main question I need an answer to is who started the first scriptural translation from the original King James version that spanned centuries. What are their background and what was their aim ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 11, 2015
Lordave:

But before you move this topic to front page, ensure you do the same to the original thread so that the original OP won't feel cheated.

Haha...Guy you just give Ishibaby uppercut. This your comment might not send this to the promised land
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Rilwayne001: 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2015
eripecs:
This is why the king james version is preferred to these other versions because a lot of words are tampered with while modernizing it. I can't conclude if its antichrist or not cos i don't use it.

1 John 5:7

New International Version
For there are three that testify:

King James Bible
For there are three that bear record in
heaven, the Father, the Word, and the
Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And The Spirit testifies because The Spirit is the truth.

Which is correct from the above?

http://biblehub.com/1_john/5-7.htm
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by kellyJames5(m): 4:56pm On Jul 11, 2015
Ishi you ended up confusing me the more.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 11, 2015
This is serious indeed.

I'll do my own research to ascertain these facts.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Rilwayne001: 4:58pm On Jul 11, 2015
Plainbibletruth, where at thou ? undecided
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Atk01(f): 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2015
This is the reason I just stick to the King James Version.

5 Likes

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Ishilove: 5:01pm On Jul 11, 2015
kellyJames5:
Ishi you ended up confusing me the more.
Then seek knowledge to clear the confusion.

1 Like

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Ishilove: 5:02pm On Jul 11, 2015
Lordave:
Speak for your self alone.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by kellyJames5(m): 5:07pm On Jul 11, 2015
Ishilove:
Then seek knowledge to clear the confusion.

cry Where can I find it?

1 Like

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by b3llo(m): 5:23pm On Jul 11, 2015
hnmm... This argument is still not cleared
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Lordave: 5:29pm On Jul 11, 2015
Ishilove:

Speak for your self alone.
I wasn't speaking for you when I made that comment, or is your name Nobody?

5 Likes

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Ishilove: 5:40pm On Jul 11, 2015
Lordave:
I wasn't speaking for you when I made that comment, or is your name Nobody?
Hold on.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by ritababe(f): 5:50pm On Jul 11, 2015
may God help us
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by safarigirl(f): 6:22pm On Jul 11, 2015
Even the King James Version people say is the original, is incomplete. If you have access to the Biblical documents which the Vatican has, KJV will look doctored to you as well.

The Bible was translated by a man, so of course he'll put what he wants you to see. Was KJV not written by a man? He probably omitted stuff as well

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 11, 2015
KJV is still the most consistent Translation.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by doofanc: 6:27pm On Jul 11, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
Simple, just 3steps...
1) learn and understand the Hebrew language,for the Bible was originally written in Hebrew.
2) Get the original Bible,untranslated and read the whole from word to word.
3) Before venturing into 1 & 2,pray for the SPIRIT's guidance and divine understanding and interpretation of His word.

And where do you get the original hebrew text from?

1 Like

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by doofanc: 6:47pm On Jul 11, 2015
@OP, I don't think there's anything to be worried about. If you're comfortable with NIV, by all means continue. I personally use KJV, NLT occasional amplified in my personal study.

As I said at the other thread, and yes, as disconcerting as it sounds, KJV contains many verses which were not in some earlier manuscripts, hence its removal in later translations. However, I believe this does not in any way negate the validity and inerrancy of the Bible as a whole. It remains and will remain God's infallible message to his creation.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Check Out The Hilarious Sign Church Uses To Stop People From Urinating Around / If you desire Long life And Prosperity, Just Do This. / Omega Fire Ministry Issues Official Statement On Arrest Of Apostle Suleiman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.