Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Economics And Statistics Vs Marketing - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Economics And Statistics Vs Marketing (1272 Views)

Statistics Of Admissions Into Degree Awarding Institutions By State Of Orgin-nbs / Download Mathematics And Statistics Project Topics And Materials / Project Topics And Materials In Agricultural Economics And Extension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Economics And Statistics Vs Marketing by naomieluv: 12:00am On Apr 12, 2015
my younger sis, she chose Marketing in this year's utme but she is having cold feet as I have convinced her Economics and statistics would do her better than Marketing ...the issue is before she buys the change of course form She is slightly worried about statistics as maths is not one of her favorite subjects.

NB..I am not imposing Economics on her as we had a lengthy discussion and she agreed on her own to do econs but she just needs clarification on the Statistics part....
Re: Economics And Statistics Vs Marketing by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 12, 2015
If maths is not one of her favorite, she'd do well to leave statistics alone. There's a lot of maths in it. Economics has its own fair share of maths as well. If she ends up having to fight her way through this course and doesn't make it in the end, the blame will rest squarely on you.

Assess her strengths and her weaknesses, and let her choose a course of study based exactly on that. By herself. Only then can she do excellently well in school.
Re: Economics And Statistics Vs Marketing by naomieluv: 12:12am On Apr 12, 2015
I don't know if Uniben offers just Economics without statistics as that would have been great....I don't know much about the course Marketing but it doesn't seem like a promising course with lavish job opportunity that's my fear.. I really can't access her much as we live far away from each other.. Goofyone
Re: Economics And Statistics Vs Marketing by Nobody: 12:26am On Apr 12, 2015
naomieluv:
I don't know if Uniben offers just Economics without statistics as that would have been great....I don't know much about the course Marketing but it doesn't seem like a promising course with lavish job opportunity that's my fear.. I really can't access her much as we live far away from each other.. Goofyone
Marketing may not seem to you like a course with "lavish" job opportunities, but these days employers actually employ across a range of disciplines. When you see announcements for openings they cut across several disciplines, with marketing often included. But if that's not satisfactory to you, then she should weigh her other strengths and factor that into her choice of course. How about accountancy, if she's disposed to it? She won't be combining that with statistics.
Also don't know if Uniben offers stand-alone economics. If you are not sure, she can always check out other universities, can't she?

Anyways, my point is, make it her choice. Yes, you could influence a little bit here and there...but make it her decision. Let her consider her strengths in choosing a course. If she doesn't like maths, she'd definitely hate statistics.

What are her strengths?
Re: Economics And Statistics Vs Marketing by naomieluv: 12:39am On Apr 12, 2015
Re: Economics And Statistics Vs Marketing by Nobody: 12:43am On Apr 12, 2015
naomieluv:
She already chose Uniben waiting to write post ume if course ...Her strengths she says she likes commerce,economics minus the stat and sum oda social science subjects.. I would discuss accounting with her whatever she she decides on doing am just offering guidance..
Okay, cool. Accounting is close to economics without the stat. Good job guiding her.
Re: Economics And Statistics Vs Marketing by naomieluv: 12:47am On Apr 12, 2015
T
goofyone:

Okay, cool. Accounting is close to economics without the stat. Good job guiding her.
thanks a lot, you have been really helpful

(1) (Reply)

Is There Anything Like Reading Too Much? / Maths Wizards Please Help On This. / Polytechnic Degree Will Now Be Converted As Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.