Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me (2890 Views)

Opinion; Is It Not A Sin To Call The Day That Jesus Died "A Good Friday" ? / How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Died / Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 12, 2015
How true is it that Jesus died for my sins?

I'm a new convert, but right now I'm finding it difficult that somebody could die for my sins...hard to believe.

You can be of help if you know of any convincing answers.
Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by dulux07(m): 12:31am On Apr 12, 2015
Ur not yet a convert undecided cos u ve to believe before u can be a convert

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by Caseless: 12:43am On Apr 12, 2015
Nobody died for my sin. If someone did, why am I still called a sinner?

4 Likes

Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by omniwater007: 12:44am On Apr 12, 2015
You have to accept everything you are told.No question.person die for your sin?does it make any sense to you.why did he have to die at all?why can't God just forgive everybody?must someone die before your sins can be forgiven?so many question to ask.

1 Like

Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by Nobody: 1:11am On Apr 12, 2015
dulux07:
Ur not yet a convert undecided cos u ve to believe before u can be a convert

Does that make you to believe everything you're told?

2 Likes

Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by elantraceey(f): 2:01am On Apr 12, 2015
Caseless:
Nobody died for my sin. If someone did, why am I still called a sinner?

You call yourself a sinner not him, once you accept his work on the cross, he sees you as holy and unblamable irrespective of what you do .

3 Likes

Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by elantraceey(f): 2:02am On Apr 12, 2015
Op how did you become a convert in the first place?

And what do you refer to as being a convert?
Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by Caseless: 2:06am On Apr 12, 2015
elantraceey:

You call yourself a sinner not him, once you accept his work on the cross, he sees you as holy and unblamable irrespective of what you do .
if I accept him, even when I fvck a lady, I haven't 'sinned' abi? The question is, why do we still have sinners when somebody already died for our sins?

2 Likes

Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by Hawlahscho(m): 2:06am On Apr 12, 2015
Convert from which religion? If Islam, NO BLAME.

All you need to do is believe in God and philosophically understand Bible then with faith and supernatural thinking you'll catch up and your belief will be strong.

He is not human like us so he can die for our sins.

OF COURSE HE DID.
Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by adexsimply(m): 7:37am On Apr 12, 2015
Lol. He didn't die for your sins, he died for his sins

1 Like

Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by johnydon22(m): 7:46am On Apr 12, 2015
Op see it like this:
Yahweh condemn you even though u were not born yet because some mythical adam and his rib turned wif eve ate an apple because a talking snake told them to.

Then instead of just forgive them he didn't, he sent his son to be murdered and tortured sacrificed to him so he can forgive you a sin that you have not committed yet knowing that you were not born yet but will still throw you in hell if you do..
makes perfect sense smiley

5 Likes

Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by Emmalot121(m): 8:05am On Apr 12, 2015
johnydon22:
Op see it like this:
Yahweh condemn you even though u were not born yet because some mythical adam and his rib turned wif eve ate an apple because a talking snake told me to.

Then instead of just forgive them he didn't, he sent his son to be murdered and tortured sacrificed to him so he can forgive you a sin that you have not committed yet knowing that you were not born yet but will still throw you in hell if you do..
Take a rest, your struggles and worries has been seen by us in Mars, so I was sent to advice you to take a rest. That apart, I've read a lot on Christianity, yet haven't lost my faith. Wonder how you lost yours? Just continue being an atheist, because instead of remaining an atheist after losing your Faith, you instead chose the ignoble route of blasphemy, even the name of the LORD, knowing full well there is no forgiveness. All I have for you is pity. You've turned your brain to the surest way of knowledge, thinking yourself to be very wise, reading articles without reading the counter because it has all YOU wish to know.

3 Likes

Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by johnydon22(m): 8:48am On Apr 12, 2015
Emmalot121:
Take a rest, your struggles and worries has been seen by us in Mars, so I was sent to advice you to take a rest. That apart, I've read a lot on Christianity, yet haven't lost my faith. Wonder how you lost yours? Just continue being an atheist, because instead of remaining an atheist after losing your Faith, you instead chose the ignoble route of blasphemy, even the name of the LORD, knowing full well there is no forgiveness. All I have for you is pity. You've turned your brain to the surest way of knowledge, thinking yourself to be very wise, reading articles without reading the counter because it has all YOU wish to know.

another emotional yarn from a dumbass... Can you show me where their was a mistake from my post smiley

3 Likes

Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by Macelliot(m): 8:53am On Apr 12, 2015
johnydon22:

another emotional yarn from a dumbass... Can you show me where their was a mistake from my post smiley
Why running up and down on a deadly mission....
Answer my question...
You can deny the existence of your Mom to prove your atheism.....
Fake atheist...
Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by johnydon22(m): 8:58am On Apr 12, 2015
Macelliot:

Why running up and down on a deadly mission....
Answer my question...
You can deny the existence of your Mom to prove your atheism.....
Fake atheist...

What exactly is your problem? why the constant ad hominems without making sense...

Honestly you will make me to stop paying any mind to ur posts because you dont make sense just attack the person... Very childish..

3 Likes

Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by Macelliot(m): 9:02am On Apr 12, 2015
johnydon22:

What exactly is your problem? why the constant ad hominems without making sense...

Honestly you will make me to stop paying any mind to ur posts because you dont make sense just attack the person... Very childish..
Waoh! Why don't u be an atheist and stop attacking the Christians?
Stop attacking what u don't believe in, unless u are FAKE.....
I don't believe in the Yoruba gods(e.g Sango, Ogun) does not mean they never existed...
That's their belief...
Stop hating.... Stop attacking Christ.
Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by johnydon22(m): 9:09am On Apr 12, 2015
Macelliot:

Waoh! Why don't u be an atheist and stop attacking the Christians?
Stop attacking what u don't believe in, unless u are FAKE.....
I don't believe in the Yoruba gods(e.g Sango, Ogun) does not me they never existed...
That's their belief...

We are here to discuss what we used to believe.. If any worshipper of yoruba gods comes up we will discuss it smiley

Is your religion afraid of intellectual scrutinization and truth? wink
So calling a spade a spade is an attack? ...(lolzz...I don't attack you, i only discuss the christian, islam and any other absurd belief i want to discuss. That you are emotionally sentimental towards it is your own cup of tea.)
If you really want me to stop, why dont you pray for me to stop smiley

actually we enjoy it when folks get frustrated over the absurdities they believe in just like you are getting now.

Why don't you muster up a very good defence for you belief and stop attacking the person. If you can bring up a good defence then we will have a very nice educating discussion, lets see how plausible, legitimate and the constructive fundamentals of your beliefs...smiley

5 Likes

Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by Emmalot121(m): 9:25am On Apr 12, 2015
johnydon22:

After reading the free encyclopedia on YHWH, which I consider the greatest assault on Christianity, I did not lose my faith because I being sure there must be God, yet cannot be any of the other religion, I went on a search to know if it true, instead of it being a reason to turn away from Him, it rather became a proof of Him. Just study the tone the wikipedia use as regard YHWH and that which it used in that of Allah. You will notice that of Allah is the normal way Wikipedia discusses, taking from those for and against, but a shift to YHWH and the tone changes, no single opposition was granted and all was against God. Hope you'll read both because I know it is pivotal to your Faith. One then begs to think if it is the same God whose NAME is too holy to be written. I know its off point but will make a good discussion, willing to help you back to Christianity. As for op, I'll copy someone's post and reply as soon as I find it.

1 Like

Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by Caracta(f): 9:38am On Apr 12, 2015
adexsimply:
Lol. He didn't die for your sins, he died for his sins

His sins like?

2 Likes

Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by Emmalot121(m): 9:45am On Apr 12, 2015
@op, provided your question is of good motive cos I don't think your post adds up. It is like unto a Man man that boards a car, and offers to pay the fare of everyone in the car. It is to you to accept His offer and your debt paid by Him or reject and pay for it yourself. Hope you understand?
Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 12, 2015
johnydon22:
Op see it like this:
Yahweh condemn you even though u were not born yet because some mythical adam and his rib turned wif eve ate an apple because a talking snake told them to.

This ^^^ was a simple round up of Christianity and rather than addressing the OP's question, you guys started accussing poor old Johny for "attacking" your faith.

Sounds like you're embarrassed of what you believe in :/

1 Like

Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by Misogynist2014(m): 11:03am On Apr 12, 2015
johnydon22:
Op see it like this:
The mistake in your post is that hell is not eternal!
Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
Jude 1:7 ►
Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by An2elect2(f): 12:31pm On Apr 12, 2015
Caseless:
if I accept him, even when I fvck a lady, I haven't 'sinned' abi? The question is, why do we still have sinners when somebody already died for our sins?

we still have sinners going to hell because Christ did not die for all.
Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by Caseless: 12:34pm On Apr 12, 2015
An2elect2:

we still have sinners going to hell because Christ did not die for all.
are u saying christ was selective? I thought they said he died for all.

1 Like

Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by An2elect2(f): 12:36pm On Apr 12, 2015
Emmalot121:

at embolden, so true! their minds are already in rebellion against God, all they need are books and articles to keep them there (in that wicked state of heart)
Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by An2elect2(f): 12:39pm On Apr 12, 2015
Caseless:
are u saying christ was selective? I thought they said he died for all.

Christ's atonement on the cross was a limited one. If Christ died for all everybody will be saved for his shed blood through death is the propitiation for our sins.
Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by Caseless: 12:42pm On Apr 12, 2015
An2elect2:

Christ's atonement on the cross was a limited one. If Christ died for all everybody will be saved for his shed blood through death is the propitiation for our sins.
still confused. This shows christ was not sent to d whole world as u ppl claim.

1 Like

Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by An2elect2(f): 12:43pm On Apr 12, 2015
Am afraid op you only had a false conversion.

You cannot get saved without the knowledge of His death,burial and resurrection. The power that lies in knowing this is what will change your mind for ever.
Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by johnydon22(m): 12:45pm On Apr 12, 2015
Misogynist2014:
The mistake in your post is that hell is not eternal!
Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
Jude 1:7 ►

Here is my post in bold please show me eternal there or where i stipulated a time frame for the mythical hell..?

" Op see it like this:
Yahweh condemn you even though u were not born yet because some
mythical adam and his rib turned wif eve ate an apple because a talking
snake told them to.
Then instead of just forgive them he didn't, he sent his son to be
murdered and tortured sacrificed to him so he can forgive you a sin that
you have not committed yet knowing that you were not born yet but will
still throw you in hell if you do..
makes perfect sense "

If you can't point it out, then it will prove the straw man fallacy you always employ to make baseless points.. I have told you time without numbers to stop it..

1 Like

Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by An2elect2(f): 12:50pm On Apr 12, 2015
Caseless:
still confused. This shows christ was not sent to d whole world as u ppl claim.

The bible does not teach salvation for every man that ever lived or will ever live. It talks about a saviour who came to this world to redeem those he had chosen as His from the beginning in Him not on the grounds of anything that they have done or their merits but based on his sovereign election. That's why you see analogies like the shepherd only dying for his sheep.
Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by Misogynist2014(m): 3:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
johnydon22:

Here is my post in bold please show me eternal there or where i stipulated a time frame for the mythical hell..?

" Op see it like this:
Yahweh condemn you even though u were not born yet because some
mythical adam and his rib turned wif eve ate an apple because a talking
snake told them to.
Then instead of just forgive them he didn't, he sent his son to be
murdered and tortured sacrificed to him so he can forgive you a sin that
you have not committed yet knowing that you were not born yet but will
still throw you in hell if you do..
makes perfect sense "

If you can't point it out, then it will prove the straw man fallacy you always employ to make baseless points.. I have told you time without numbers to stop it..
You're right, I'll make things more logical next time.

1 Like

Re: Finding It Difficult To Believe That Jesus Died For Me by Lex11(m): 4:21pm On Apr 12, 2015
OP... continue to read the word of God, the Bible... and believe its entire content, because its entire content is true.

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." - 2 Timothy 3:16-17
... also Psalm 12:6.

And stop worrying! (Matt. 6:26-28)

(1) (2) (Reply)

100 Most Influential Persons In The History Of Mankind / Trousers Makes Women Naked! Why? / Do You Not Know It Is Wrong To Your Pastor 'daddy'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.