Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,903 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

As A Christian, What Are Those Troubling Questions Affecting Your Faith?? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Christian, What Are Those Troubling Questions Affecting Your Faith?? (3337 Views)

Why Your FAITH No Longer Works. / Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) / If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Christian, What Are Those Troubling Questions Affecting Your Faith?? by Hawlahscho(m): 10:41am On Apr 12, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Christ has once said "the Father is with him always" it will be then contradicting to the Scripture you qouted if it were to mean what u take it to me...... The words of Jesus on the cross is to teach us an important lesson that will should Trust God always it's not the reffering to...

The parables Jesus used then self were too much na undecided
Anyway. I GIVE UP.
Re: As A Christian, What Are Those Troubling Questions Affecting Your Faith?? by menesheh(m): 10:43am On Apr 12, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Christ has once said "the Father is with him always" it will be then contradicting to the Scripture you qouted if it were to mean what u take it to me...... The words of Jesus on the cross is to teach us an important lesson that will should Trust God always it's not the reffering to...

Deviating from the point here

Now am confused with this "MY GOD MY GOD, WHY HATH THOU FORSAKEN ME "
Who's He referring to again?
Re: As A Christian, What Are Those Troubling Questions Affecting Your Faith?? by menesheh(m): 10:50am On Apr 12, 2015
starlingslimnet:
I have asked for the supernatural many times and I have received it

What are those evidence pointing to the acclaimed answers to the prayers you prayed to its fulfilment.

And mind you, players have been subjected to scientific test severally and it became a failed hypothesis.
Re: As A Christian, What Are Those Troubling Questions Affecting Your Faith?? by Hawlahscho(m): 10:55am On Apr 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will giveityou.
Answered.
Now, if I pray without mentioning God at all, I'v chances of getting answer to My prayer.

lols, I expected this, sha it depends on the heaven you are talking about because we have more than one heaven and Elijah didn't ascend to the heaven that Jesus was talking about.

You might like to read 2 Chronicles:21:12-15.

That was a letter from Elijah years after he was taken.
lipsrsealed

Please rephrase your question here.

a book says forty thousand, another book says four thousand. SAME PERFECT BIBLE SAME EVENT. Enlighten/Confuse me.

1 Corinthians 8:5 and 6.

5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”), 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

You grab? There is a God and there gods so it depends on the one that they call unto.

I used to think that gods get power from God. Now I understand, gods av power but no salvation. cheesy
NOW I CAN SING "GOD WIN" BY KOREDE BELLO cool
Re: As A Christian, What Are Those Troubling Questions Affecting Your Faith?? by Hawlahscho(m): 11:00am On Apr 12, 2015
menesheh:

What are those evidence pointing to the acclaimed answers to the prayers you prayed to its fulfilment.

And mind you, players have been subjected to scientific test severally and it became a failed hypothesis.

When supernatural appears, the natural laws become void and supernaturals are always mysterious. So, give up or you don't get it till bending 8 (∞) (infinity sign in further Maths) grin
Re: As A Christian, What Are Those Troubling Questions Affecting Your Faith?? by Ctemi(f): 11:04am On Apr 12, 2015
Is there anything like 'will of God in choosing life partner?if there is, how will you know that this person is the will of God for u?
Ds issue have be disturbing my spirit&i need answer to clear my mind.
Thank
Re: As A Christian, What Are Those Troubling Questions Affecting Your Faith?? by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 12, 2015
menesheh:

Jews ask for signs and Greek wisdom
Re: As A Christian, What Are Those Troubling Questions Affecting Your Faith?? by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 12, 2015
Ctemi:
Is there anything like 'will of God in choosing life partner?if there is, how will you know that this person is the will of God for u?
Ds issue have be disturbing my spirit&i need answer to clear my mind.
Thank
there is...... will explain later
Re: As A Christian, What Are Those Troubling Questions Affecting Your Faith?? by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 12, 2015
menesheh:

Deviating from the point here

have explained in the Spirit of Truth......and he understood
Re: As A Christian, What Are Those Troubling Questions Affecting Your Faith?? by Ctemi(f): 11:15am On Apr 12, 2015
starlingslimnet:
there is...... will explain later
Ok
Re: As A Christian, What Are Those Troubling Questions Affecting Your Faith?? by Tallesty1(m): 11:18am On Apr 12, 2015
Hawlahscho:
Answered. Now, if I pray without mentioning God at all, I'v chances of getting answer to My prayer.
Yes but I don't think you can. You may not say God but you will definitely say Father or some other names that refers to God.
lipsrsealed
Hawlahscho:
a book says forty thousand, another book says four thousand. SAME PERFECT BIBLE SAME EVENT. Enlighten/Confuse me.
lols there is no contradiction here Nnam.

Lemme explain.

First I will give you one speculation and one factcheesy.

The both books were written about 125 years apart so it is possible that one was written when he had 4000 and the other was written when he had expanded them to 40,000?

Makes sense?

But that's not it sha.

Here is the fact.

The two verses do not contradict because they describe different types of stalls. According to the King James version, Solomon had 40,000 stalls of horses for his chariots but he had 4,000 stalls for his horses and his chariots. In other words, Solomon had 40,000 stalls for horses, but he had 4,000 stalls that would fit his horses and chariots. He had 4,000 stalls and in each stall there was one chariot and ten horses. Now do the calculation?

Hawlahscho:
I used to think that gods get power from God. Now I understand, gods av power but no salvation. cheesy
NOW I CAN SING "GOD WIN" BY KOREDE BELLO cool
yes oooo.
Re: As A Christian, What Are Those Troubling Questions Affecting Your Faith?? by menesheh(m): 11:20am On Apr 12, 2015
Hawlahscho:

If something is not wrong somewhere.
If you're not missing it somewhere.
If You're following exactly d right path.
If when you receive it, it won't do you any harm.
WHEN YOU ASK, YOU MUST RECEIVE.

you must have reasons why is aint answered
Re: As A Christian, What Are Those Troubling Questions Affecting Your Faith?? by Hawlahscho(m): 12:14pm On Apr 12, 2015
menesheh:

you must have reasons why is aint answered

The reasons depend on you.
so, it varies
Re: As A Christian, What Are Those Troubling Questions Affecting Your Faith?? by Hawlahscho(m): 12:18pm On Apr 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
Yes but I don't think you can. You may not say God but you will definitely say Father or some other names that refers to God.
lipsrsealed
lols there is no contradiction here Nnam.

Lemme explain.

First I will give you one speculation and one factcheesy.

The both books were written about 125 years apart so it is possible that one was written when he had 4000 and the other was written when he had expanded them to 40,000?

Makes sense?

But that's not it sha.

Here is the fact.

The two verses do not contradict because they describe different types of stalls. According to the King James version, Solomon had 40,000 stalls of horses for his chariots but he had 4,000 stalls for his horses and his chariots. In other words, Solomon had 40,000 stalls for horses, but he had 4,000 stalls that would fit his horses and chariots. He had 4,000 stalls and in each stall there was one chariot and ten horses. Now do the calculation?

yes oooo.

Nicely answered.

But what abt the Hebrew 4:8 Jesus in one version and Joshua in another. Typo error or name replacement.

also see this: Proverbs 26:4-5 KJV
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. [5] Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

I think I should not near fools at all so that dey won't contradict My life.
funniest part, I may see a part of Bible saying we should move closer to fools again. lol
frustrating
Re: As A Christian, What Are Those Troubling Questions Affecting Your Faith?? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 12, 2015
hilario8898:

When Man[Adam] and Woman[Eve] sinned against God , he punished both of them, Man would have to toil and till the ground for food and survival, while Woman would have pains during child birth. With that being said, let's begin!

Who Decides What

Suppose that a husband says to his wife, "I've decided how many children we will have, when we will have them, and when we will stop having children, and you have no say in the matter." How would his wife react to this? Wouldn't she be upset at not having any influence over this decision? They are her children too; she raises and cares for them. And so, she rightly expects to have some say in matters which concern her children, especially in their very conception and birth.
And if a wife said the same to her husband, what would his response be? Would he not also be upset at having no role to play in decisions about the number of their children and when they will be born? They are his children too, he raises and cares for them, along with his wife.
Suppose that a husband and wife say to God, "We've decided how many children we will have, when we will have them, and when we will stop having children, and You have no say in the matter." How would God react to these words? Wouldn't God be offended at this couple's attempt to keep Him from having any influence over the procreation of children? All children are God's children. God raises them and cares for them, along with their parents. God offers His children eternal life. And so, God rightly requires every husband and wife to allow God to have influence over the procreation of their children.
Couples who use contraception are attempting to gain control over procreation. They seek control over whether or not they have children at all, over when their children will be conceived, how many children they will have, and when they will stop having children. Yet in trying to gain control over this aspect of their lives, the couple is also trying to limit the control which God ought to have over these decisions. You cannot have complete control over something and leave it in God's hands.
In using contraception, the couple is trying to eliminate the rightful influence which God has over the events of procreation. If a couple uses contraception, they are, by their actions, saying to God that they are unwilling to conceive a child, even if it be God's will. Contraception is a sin, a serious sin, because contraception, by its very design, attempts to prevent God from taking His rightful role in the process of the procreation of God's own children.
Read more on this if you wish http://www.catholicplanet.com/articles/article01.htm
Hmmmmmmmm... Thanks
Re: As A Christian, What Are Those Troubling Questions Affecting Your Faith?? by simplymade(m): 3:42pm On Apr 12, 2015
starlingslimnet:
when you sow a seed it first decay and then come out in a new form nd not the one you sowed....You will be raised in Glory Bro if you have Faith in Christ.

For more insight see 1 Cor 15:35-58 you can start from verse 20
ok noted tanx
Re: As A Christian, What Are Those Troubling Questions Affecting Your Faith?? by Tallesty1(m): 4:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
Hawlahscho:

Nicely answered.

But what abt the Hebrew 4:8 Jesus in one version and Joshua in another. Typo error or name replacement.

also see this: Proverbs 26:4-5 KJV
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. [5] Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

I think I should not near fools at all so that dey won't contradict My life.
funniest part, I may see a part of Bible saying we should move closer to fools again. lol
frustrating
Can you gimme the version that called Jesus Joshua and the way that called him Jesus.

Solomon was teaching about how to handle a fool and someone who's being foolish.

You get my drift?

Coming back with details
Re: As A Christian, What Are Those Troubling Questions Affecting Your Faith?? by Hawlahscho(m): 4:43pm On Apr 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
Can you gimme the version that called Jesus Joshua and the way that called him Jesus.

Solomon was teaching about how to handle a fool and someone who's being foolish.

You get my drift?

Coming back with details

check that pic Tallesty1

Re: As A Christian, What Are Those Troubling Questions Affecting Your Faith?? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 12, 2015
simplymade:
ok noted tanx
you welcome
Re: As A Christian, What Are Those Troubling Questions Affecting Your Faith?? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ctemi:

Ok
There is of course a life partner for everyone...As to how you know.... you will know outrightly because you are a Christian.... A brother when relating how he met her wife said "He is walking on in the campus and as he passed by her he felt something strong " Truth Is you will know when you meet him...

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Spiritual Help From Satan Pls / How To Stop A Jehovah Witness From Knocking On Your Door / Twenty Reasons To Stop Tithing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.