Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,830 members, 7,866,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:37 PM

Bauchi: PDP Councillor Beaten To Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bauchi: PDP Councillor Beaten To Death (817 Views)

Hausa Man Contests For Councillor In Ebonyi Under PDP (Photos) / Aisha Eniola Is An Elected Councillor In London / This Is How A Councillor Says He Is Delivering His Campaign Promises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bauchi: PDP Councillor Beaten To Death by fitzmayowa: 4:51am On Apr 12, 2015
In Bauchi State, the chairperson of Bogoro Local Government Area, Hassana Arkila, confirmed the death of the PDP councilor for Gizaki/Badagari Ward, Mr Musa Daniel, saying he was beaten to death by angry youths while on electoral duty.

Arkila described the attack on the councilor as unfortunate and linked the incident to saboteurs of democracy.

She said :” I want to confirm the death of a PDP councilor who was beaten to death by irate youths. l am assuring the people of the state that the full wrath of law will catch up with the attackers”.

The chairperson appealed to the perpetrators of the dastardly act to sheath their sword and embrace peace, saying violence is not the solution to political differences.

“The death of the councillor is a signal that the APC is afraid of losing the electoral process. I ask for calm among PDP supporters”, she added.

Meanwhile, voting commenced in some polling units in the state as early as 9.00 am but there was low turn out of voters.

Some of polling units where voting commenced early are El-duniya, Daníyae and Lido Hotel polling units.

The Presiding Officer at El-duniya polling unit, Abba John, said they combined accreditation and voting because of the few numbers of voters.

He said: “We had fewer numbers of voters unlike the presidential election when we had large turn out.

The electorate and parties agents agreed that voting should commence so that we don’t stay idle”.

When asked if their action was right, John said: “Though it’s wrong, INEC told us to give the voters what they want; that is why we agreed to do it”.

The APC and PDP agents at the polling unit, Kingsley Oyenka and Musa Liman, respectively, said they agreed on the early commencement of voting.

As at 10.30 am, 67 people had voted at El-duniya while 37 had cast their votes at Lido.

Meanwhile, the card reader rejected the thumbprint of Governor Mallam Isa Yuguda at Baba Sidi Primary School, Bauchi where he had gone for accreditation for yesterday’s polls.

It was a replay of the situation during the presidential and National Assembly elections two weeks ago when the card reader failed to accredit him.

Speaking with journalists after accreditation, yesterday, the governor said, “So far, so bad, the card has rejected my thumb print again. My thumb print was rejected during presidential and National Assembly elections; the samething happened today again”.

Yuguda commended voters for their orderly conduct at polling units.

On the low turn out of voters, Yuguda said” some of the electorates believed in the Presidential election so may be that was the reason for the low turn out but I want to urge them to come out and exercise their franchise.

The APC gubernatorial candidate in the polls, Mohammed Abubakar, while speaking with journalist, at Guru Galadima polling unit after accreditation, commended the turn out and orderliness of the voters.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/bauchi-councillor-beaten-to-death/#sthash.vwYt6EoX.dpuf
Re: Bauchi: PDP Councillor Beaten To Death by gregorianman: 5:23am On Apr 12, 2015
fitzmayowa:

I keep saying this election has been marred with a lot of violence, we cannot keep going like this

Meanwhile you may monitor or provide live updates of the governorship election in your area live from your mobile phone with this mobile app:

http://electionapp.url-site.com/
Re: Bauchi: PDP Councillor Beaten To Death by 9jvirgin(m): 5:35am On Apr 12, 2015
Lorile odi gombe lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

I Was Not Allowed To Vote / Buhari Will Fight Corruption Is Like Buhari Fighting Tinubu.Impossible! / Buhari Social Program Very Possible. My Analysis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.