Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,188 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat (9797 Views)

Buhari Is Making Appointments Without Tinubu's Knowledge- Lagos Assembly / Edo: We Will Surmount PDP Crisis To Beat APC — Ize-iyamu / Erhiatake Ibori Wins House Of Assembly Seat In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by biafransoul: 11:10am On Apr 12, 2015
wasak:

You are Biafran soul and u are talking about new Nigeria. Pls reconcile ur ironical statement.

Please educate me; what's ironic about it?
Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by jmoore(m): 11:11am On Apr 12, 2015
Caseless:
Igbo can never give u such opportunity in their place, but they're always the first to cry "marginalization".
Dey there. You want to win an election in Aba, while you stay in Ajengule. Relocate abeg.

5 Likes

Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by seunfly: 11:22am On Apr 12, 2015
biafransoul:

How? Is the change we all clamoured for now with a caveat that fellow Nigerians can't vie for elective post in their land of birth? Bro, wake up from your slumber cos this is a new Nigeria.

Watch the campaign strategy of all the political parties from the presidency to state governorship, you will notice a trend and pattern in both parties.

For me I wish anybody should contest and win in any state based on his/her contribution to such place and the love and respect they have for him/her(not the ego/superiority complex) For instance Akwa ibom woman won election in osun state some time ago, not because akwa ibom people are more than the indigines in Osun state, but because she was so popular and loved that she beat the Yoruba man hands down. The same thing happened to Ghanian woman who used to fry pufpuf along government house road in Ilorin was another example.
Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 12, 2015
Caseless:
Igbo can never give u such opportunity in their place, but they're always the first to cry "marginalization".

3 Likes

Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by dhardline(m): 11:23am On Apr 12, 2015
The Igbo's vote with reason and not tribal.when fashola did well during his first term he was voted back massively by all then he decided to segregate a lil and there came a back lash.its as simple as that.Treat them good and they do you good.

2 Likes

Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:24am On Apr 12, 2015
Caseless:
How many of your people have contest for a position in igboland before? None because none of them can, the ones here are petty traders and mostly irrelevant

1 Like

Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by biafransoul: 11:26am On Apr 12, 2015
seunfly:

Watch the campaign strategy of all the political parties from the presidency to state governorship, you will notice a trend and pattern in both parties.

For me I wish anybody should contest and win in any state based on his/her contribution to such place and the love and respect they have for him/her(not the ego/superiority complex) For instance Akwa ibom woman won election in osun state dome time ago, not because akwa ibom people are more than the indigines in Osun state, but because she was so popular and loved the she beat the Yoruba man hands down. The same thing happened to Ghanian woman who used to fry pufpuf along government house road in Ilorin was another example.

Yeah I noticed especially the tirades from the Oba of Lagos. So disgusting but we all have to move on. One Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by Menace2Society(m): 11:28am On Apr 12, 2015
Wetin i wan go do for Igbo land I support TA Orji though
Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by emiye(m): 11:30am On Apr 12, 2015
Adegbodolu1:
My Goodness me!!!!!

Oba of Isolo still dey vex like mad say he would be represented at the HoRn Igbo man, now this. He will again be represented at the state assembly by another Igbo?

Kai shame. I hope he dies of HBP. He is one (maybe his dad) of the pioneers of mass land selling at Okota area. Using monies collected for social events here and there. They are now crying.

Awon akotileta.
Oba of Isolo is PDP. His son Agbabiaka has contested twice. Make no mistake PDP victory is not only made by Igbo kins, yorubas also voted for PDP to win.

7 Likes

Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by seunfly: 11:31am On Apr 12, 2015
biafransoul:

Yeah I noticed especially the tirades from the Oba of Lagos. So disgusting but we all have to move on. One Nigeria

Yeah, I believe we will move on.
Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by LegatusGlaber(m): 11:31am On Apr 12, 2015
Caseless:

How do you sleep at night bro?

1 Like

Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:37am On Apr 12, 2015
Caseless:

The Yorubas didn't give the opportunity, , it was taken by who dared, Politics is a game of numbers.

Is it a coincidence that there are 2 Igbos in the British parliament and 1 in the Polish parliament?

Power is not given, it is taken. We dare, and we take.

9 Likes

Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by Chigold101(m): 11:41am On Apr 12, 2015
Caseless:
if you want such opportunity come to igbo land, live there & build your there, have your children there & you can contest elections there.

Are you expecting igbos to import you from your state to come contest elections in igboland?

Another thing you must know is that Igbos are contesting & winning in constituencies where they are in majority.

Did any igbo contest in isale eko or did you see anyone contest in area where yorubas are in majority?

Am asking you.

3 Likes

Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by maclatunji: 11:42am On Apr 12, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

The Yorubas didn't give the opportunity, , it was taken by who dared, Politics is a game if numbers.

Is it a coincidence that there are 2 Igbos in the British parliament and 1 in the Polish parliament?

We dare, and we take.

#Hehehehe

2 Likes

Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by Chigold101(m): 11:43am On Apr 12, 2015
silverdam:
He's going to be irrelevant in the house, he will be frustrated and disregarded. I bet he will decamp to APC later on.
am sure you dont know house proceedings cos if you know u wont have typed this.
Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by sherrylo: 11:46am On Apr 12, 2015
Oba of Isolo the "OSOLO TI ISOlO" is PDP man nah that's why PDP will win in Oshodi/Isolo

1 Like

Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by Chigold101(m): 11:46am On Apr 12, 2015
efilefun:
try running for a post in the east and you might not live to witness the day of the elections
my friend “power is taken & not given“

“If you dare you will dance“

That is what life is all about. Dont think like a fearful man.

“Buy courage & you will enjoy coverage.“

Trust me

2 Likes

Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by sinkhole: 11:49am On Apr 12, 2015
All this shout of Ibo winning in Lagos seems boring to me!
If Ibos have their businesses in Lagos they will pay tax to Lagos and not to Anambra or Enugu!
If an iboman wins political position in Lagos, people will be watching whether he will carry Lagos money to his village or not! If performs very well and brings development he may even get second term.
An iboman winning election will not stop ibos paying tax on whatever they have in Lagos.
There is no way ibos will be a majority in Lagos House, so they still need the indigenes to make their voices heard and moreso they were elected on the opposition platform!

1 Like

Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 12, 2015
UncleJudax:

Why not relocate to the south east, integrate into their system, make yourself known, build a stronghold and flag your manifesto.

Oh I get it, you can't leave your comfort zone.

You can't contest for or win any position in the east while in the south.

Think son.
God bless you and your generation
Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 12, 2015
sinkhole:
If Ibos have their businesses in Lagos they will pay tax to Lagos and not to Anambra or Enugu!
If an iboman wins political position in Lagos, people will be watching whether he will carry Lagos money to his village or not! If performs very well and brings development he may even get second term.
An iboman winning election will not stop ibos paying tax on whatever they have in Lagos.
There is no way ibos will a majority in Lagos House, so they still need the indigenes to make their voice heard and moreso they were elected on the opposition platform!
Bad belle is allowed
Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by sinkhole: 11:59am On Apr 12, 2015
CheeNayNay:
Bad belle is allowed
How?
OK, just tell me those things, as an ibo person, that u will gain from those ibos who won election in Lagos! And moreso what the ibos had achieved may actually be a precedence for something else in Nigeria, you dont know what might come from the National House as a result of hapennings in Lagos!
Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by asadike(f): 12:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
Greatest igbo bu igbo! So proud of my people. Ndi igbo leading and making yorubas proud in their own land. Yorubas should give them all d support they need, I beg una.

1 Like

Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by ibedun: 12:04pm On Apr 12, 2015
sinkhole:
There is no way ibos will be a majority in Lagos House, so they still need the indigenes to make their voices heard and moreso they were elected on the opposition platform!

That's why we MUST demand full accountability from the 2 Igbo and the delta woman HOR elect members. All the constituency funds, etc etc. they must account for every penny otherwise we have the abnormally of the Igbo reps taking Lagos money to go and build house in his abaliki village. In fact they all should be recalled if they make any slightest wrong move. If they visit their village during their tenure they must be recalled.

1 Like

Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by UncleJudax(m): 12:05pm On Apr 12, 2015
CheeNayNay:
God bless you and your generation
Same to you.

2 Likes

Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by Defcon1(m): 12:05pm On Apr 12, 2015
efilefun:
try running for a post in the east and you might not live to witness the day of the elections
What evidence do you have rather than unfounded hearsay based on hate.

2 Likes

Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by kabo(m): 12:10pm On Apr 12, 2015
[color=][/color][quote author=BuddahMonk post=32630567][/quote]
Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by IVORY2009(m): 12:15pm On Apr 12, 2015
macjive01:
ALERT: PDP humiliates Lagos APC chairman as his son Ladi was roundly and squarely beaten by PDP candidate Jude for Lagos Assembly seat.

Throw him inside the lagoon river grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by slap1(m): 12:17pm On Apr 12, 2015
I am Igbo, but I really appreciate that our Yoruba brothers created the enabling environment for a democratic beauty like this to come to fruition. And for the record, the Yoruba can achieve this in the SE only if they dare.

You may call the Igbo anything, but you can't say they're violent. They're equally hospitable but admittedly ambitious, maybe overambitious.

5 Likes

Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by kodlins(f): 12:17pm On Apr 12, 2015
ddami:
Lol your topic........LAGOS IGBO

African American things.
Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by kodlins(f): 12:19pm On Apr 12, 2015
slap1:
I am Igbo, but I really appreciate that our Yoruba brothers created the enabling environment for a democratic beauty like this to come to fruition. And for the record, the Yoruba can achieve this in the SE only if they dare.

You may call the Igbo anything, but you can't say they're violent. They're equally hospitable but admittedly ambitious, maybe overambitious.

The only reason is because Lagos was once the FTC. Abuja is also that way. If they really created the enabling environment you are talking about, why can't such happen in Oyo or Ogun.
Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by modhream: 12:19pm On Apr 12, 2015
ibedun:

That's why we MUST demand full accountability from the 2 Igbo and the delta woman HOR elect members. All the constituency funds, etc etc. they must account for every penny otherwise we have the abnormally of the Igbo reps taking Lagos money to go and build house in his abaliki village. In fact they all should be recalled if they make any slightest wrong move. If they visit their village during their tenure they must be recalled.
O foolish one,how are you going to recall them when you didn't elect them?.
Let this sink into that mush you call brain,they are not accountable to you only their constituents,of which you are not one.

3 Likes

Re: A Lagos Igbo Beat APC Chairman's Son To Clinge Lagos Assembly Seat by illiad: 12:23pm On Apr 12, 2015
If you want lagos to be a mega city then you must stomach the simple fact that lagos belong to us all.

And if you're in doubt go to Enugu and invest as much as Igbos have invested in lagos. Then you can feel free to contest for Enugu State Governorship and I can assure you of winning.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Those From West Are Still Ignorant On River Niger / Abuja-Kaduna Train: Trouble Looms Over NRC’s Silence On 7 Kidnapped Railway Staf / Labour To FG: Workers, Nigerians Suffering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.