Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,701 members, 7,865,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:27 AM

Why The Modern Woman Is Sad - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why The Modern Woman Is Sad (43002 Views)

When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer / I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / A Sad Story Of A Virgin Married Woman - Ladies Learn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 14, 2015
Too bad, I don't quote rètards.
I'm not here to impress anyone and I stand with my ideology no matter the useless tag I receive.

5 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by coogar: 11:55am On Apr 14, 2015
shrekandfiona:

In as much as I don't agree with the Op, i totally agree with this post. It's very balanced

tell us what you agreed with in his post......

FrancisTony:
I'm not here to impress anyone and I stand with my ideology no matter the useless tag I receive.

this comment is bereft of common sense.
someone posted a comment - at least do a rebuttal by presenting a superior argument instead of resorting to ad hominem sniping.

sheesh!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by bukatyne(f): 12:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
damiso:

Yes the premise was that females tend to feel more at ease talking about their feelings,share (over share sef grin)their hurts,trials and issues with others (both on a personal and professional level) than men who feel they need to put up a 'tough macho ' front even though they are suffering inside. Women also generally tend to seek professional help with depression than men.

I know researches are not necessarily always the reflection of wider society or life or exhaustive.But think this one is kinda true.Personally I know more young men who have committed suicide than young women. I don't think a truly happy person will be suicidal so that's I said there was a tad bit of over generalisation in the OP.

@bold true

I can't relate with a lot of these 'researches' jor.

Everyone should do whatever fits them.
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 14, 2015
coogar:

this comment is bereft of common sense.
someone posted a comment - at least do a rebuttal by presenting a superior argument instead of resorting to ad hominem sniping.

sheesh!
This is not the first time i'm arguing with him and don't expect me to be going back and forth.

No time.

4 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by TV01(m): 12:01pm On Apr 14, 2015
FrancisTony:
You are a deviant apologist

http://www.regent.edu/acad/schlaw/student_life/studentorgs/lawreview/docs/issues/v14n2/Vol.%2014,%20No.%202,%203%20Baldwin.pdf

They want to sexualise and indoctrinate young and impresssionable school chidren - in order to exploit and violate them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/11517177/Promote-gay-relationships-as-positive-in-school-teachers-say.html
http://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/apr/05/schools-should-teach-positive-portrayal-of-same-sex-relationships-says-nut

TV

...I won't apologise for derailing. This issue is too important for bogus protocols and genteel civilities

1 Like

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by shrekandfiona: 12:02pm On Apr 14, 2015
Ewuro4:
So lemme get this straight as I can't possibly quote the entire OP, and pls correct my short layman summary if I'm wrong ; So modern day woman's unhappiness nature was because they mumbojumbled men's "God's given duty" with theirs which is to only pop children and cook?

Is that what the 182 back & forth all about?

As a man, I'm guessing you do understand the sense of completeness and accomplishment of your hardwork but what I don't understand is why you want to deny another gender to feel same.

Marriage is not a competition. It's a simple concept of Two heads working TOGETHER. It doesn't matter who rakes the most revenue into the family pot.

I come back from work everyday and yell into thin air 'I Love my life'! , that's how happy I am. My role model is an Alpha male YET would disown me in a flash if I decide to warm couch all day in guise of packing lunchboxes and balancing spreadsheets. I detest it with every molecule in my anatomy. Tuah!

lol you got the bolded summary cheesy as claimed by the Op. For me, true happiness is being content with my life irrespective of my haves or wants.
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by coogar: 12:06pm On Apr 14, 2015
FrancisTony:

This is not the first time i'm arguing with him and don't expect me to be going back and forth.

No time.

and the only way to explain this is by saying you don't quote rëtards?

come on......

2 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by bukatyne(f): 12:08pm On Apr 14, 2015
lezz:
grin Of course,men are happy with a family and wife. In fact, the average wants a happy, stable family. Nowhere in my post did I say men do not want a family or aren't happy with one.

Men just aren't fulfilled with kids and family; that is, family and kids is more like the icing in the cake. Unlike the female he is an adventurer, a hunter driven by testosterone to dominate, conquer and to explore in the quest for glory, power and status. Therein lies his ultimate happiness and fulfilment.

In the same way, money, fame and status still give women the thrill but ultimately, she's very unlikely to be happily fulfilled without her kids and a nice home

Women do not spend all their time pursuing glory like so many men, they want to be home with their kids, look beautiful and soft. That's why even though men make much more money than women, women have more pairs of shoes and jewellery than men. Women also spend more shopping time than men.

When I say women, I mean the vast majority of NORMAL women. No one can claim to speak for every single members of the sexes
. After all, some are lesbians, feminists, She-men and subnormal having gender identity crisis grin grin grin

In your world, 'normal' men see families as icing and find more fulfillment in their careers and achievements.
'Normal' women see families as the ultimate and chasing/building careers end up making them unhappy

In mine world, 'normal' men and women find fulfillment in their families and careers/achievements.

I believe this should end our discussion. At the end of the day, we go back to 'our' real lives and live them as we deem fit.

Good day.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 14, 2015
coogar:

and the only way to explain this is by saying you don't quote rëtards?

come on......

Not only are you bemedalled save-a-hoer, you are also fast becoming NL' Main "Fagtivist". Carry go, but you do know you've lost this one - given the array of mature and critically thinking people ranged against you - not to mention Gods truth cheesy!
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by shrekandfiona: 12:12pm On Apr 14, 2015
coogar:

tell us what you agreed with in his post......

!
cheesy everything especially the bolded

lezz:
grin Of course,men are happy with a family and wife. In fact, the average wants a happy, stable family.
Men just aren't fulfilled with kids and family; that is, family and kids is more like the icing in the cake. Unlike the female he is an adventurer, a hunter driven by testosterone to dominate, conquer and to explore in the quest for glory, power and status. Therein lies his ultimate happiness and fulfilment.

In the same way, money, fame and status still give women the thrill but ultimately, she's very unlikely to be happily fulfilled without her kids and a nice home
Women do not spend all their time pursuing glory like so many men, they want to be home with their kids,

When I say women, I mean the vast majority of NORMAL women.

. After all, some are lesbians, feminists, She-men and subnormal having gender identity crisis grin grin grin
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by coogar: 12:20pm On Apr 14, 2015
shrekandfiona:

cheesy everything especially the bolded

in other words, lesbians/feminists are not normal women? grin
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by crackhaus: 12:30pm On Apr 14, 2015
FrancisTony:
"Weaker Vessel"--An article from Mynd44's blog

https://outlanderspecies./2015/02/22/the-weaker-vessels/#more-110
That article is a very poor attempt at sounding intellectual, very poor - the best way to misinterpret the scriptures is to try applying logic in its interpretation, and that is what the writer did.

A non-christian (someone not filled with/led by the holy spirit) has no business trying to explain Bible accounts, at best what he/she resorts to is conjectures and baseless rhetorics.

Eve was deceived into eating of the forbidden fruit by Satan because she was the one more likely to give in easily, that's the kind of weakness being alluded to when a woman is called a weaker vessel.
That conjecture about Adam abandoning his home thus leaving Eve at the mercy of Satan to be deceived, is just comical...how anyone could imply that is beyond me - it's a large garden, how possible is it that they be together every single time?

Between Adam and Eve, Satan knew which could be easily swayed by words and promises of good things... which till this day is true - women are so easily sold a dream and keep falling for the tactics of men who just want to get into their pants.
Eve was moved by the promise of having more wisdom, the allure of being more than she was - this is why Satan picked her. Adam couldn't have been swayed by such things because he already had charge over everything that was created, an appointment God bestowed on him...so it woulda been hard for Satan to have convinced him that eating the forbidden fruit could give him more.

Now the article also says that because Adam was deceived by Eve (another human), that makes him weaker - this is another conjecture based on layman interpretation.
The reason Satan chose Eve was because he knew that no matter how great this new man (God's priciest creation) was, his weakness was the woman by his side.

Adam did not get deceived by Eve into eating of the fruit because he was weaker than her, but because of the love he had for her - this is still man's greatest weakness today.
Woe unto that man that can easily be manipulated by the love he has for a woman.

The article also said Eve argued with Satan, I don't know where the writer got that from...definitely not the same Bible and concordances I have read.

I also don't know where he read that Adam shifted blame to the woman.
God asked them why they were hiding, and Adam replied that they saw that they were naked.
God knowing why, then asked if they had eaten of the tree...to which Adam replied that the woman gave him to eat.
If this is what the writer calls passing blame, then why not also refer to Eve as shifting blame when she was asked the same question?
Didn't she also answer when asked that it was the serpent that made (beguiled) her to eat of the fruit?

The exact word used in the King James's Version is beguiled.
Beguile in modern English means to be charmed or enchanted... In our naija vocabulary, it means to toast, chyke, or woo.
This is what Satan did to Eve, and is something that women still fall for till this day - be charming, enchanting, and appeal to a woman's vanity and watch her fall miserably for you.
Satan could never have succeeded in beguiling Adam.

Consequently, Adam trusted and loved this woman a little too much and didn't feel the need to resist, and this was his downfall...as is the downfall of many great men till this day.

Bro, there are too many things wrong with that article... I would have loved to tear it apart bit by bit, but my fingers ache right now.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by pickabeau1: 12:32pm On Apr 14, 2015
excellent rebuttal crackhaus

Let me call the original writer to debate with you on this

Mynd44
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by shrekandfiona: 12:33pm On Apr 14, 2015
coogar:

in other words, lesbians/feminists are not normal women? grin

lol cheesy aiming for equal rights and trying to be equal with the opposite sex are two different things o.
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by TV01(m): 12:41pm On Apr 14, 2015
crackhaus:

That article is a very poor attempt at sounding intellectual, very poor - the best way to misinterpret the scriptures is to try applying logic in its interpretation, and that is what the writer did.

Bro, there are too many things wrong with that article... I would have loved to tear it apart bit by bit, but my fingers ache right now.

Word C. Very well written!

It seems like this FrancisTony doesn't even have the capacity for critical reflection, let alone original thought.

TV

...no need to tear this one apart bit by bit...the single swipe mauling you gi' am don reesh grin!

3 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by damiso(f): 12:42pm On Apr 14, 2015
bukatyne:

@bold true

I can't relate with a lot of these 'researches' jor.

Everyone should do whatever fits them.

grin You are right.

But we need research to progress civilization sha. A lot of advancements that have been made in the world today is down to research.

Scientific and technological research is a bit more conclusive. The social sciences/arts is a bit more open ended. Some 'researches'( especially if funded by a certain lobby group) tend to support the ideology of those who commissioned it grin . If a liberal left wing group /a conservative right wing group carry out research on a certain topic more often than not the conclusion on the same issue is always vastly different. e.g. If the Daily W(M)ail carries out research on Immigration, it would say immigrants are a drain on UK infrastructure and if The Guardian Carries out a similar one they would say that Immigrants bring a net benefit to the Uk economy. grin grin

So sometimes I dey use one kain eye look at some research.
grin
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by coogar: 12:46pm On Apr 14, 2015
shrekandfiona:

lol cheesy aiming for equal rights and trying to be equal with the opposite sex are two different things o.

are they? grin
i don't see the difference. without trying to aim for equal rights, this wouldn't be happening.

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by damiso(f): 12:48pm On Apr 14, 2015
Ewuro4:
So lemme get this straight as I can't possibly quote the entire OP, and pls correct my short layman summary if I'm wrong ; So modern day woman's unhappiness nature was because they mumbojumbled men's "God's given duty" with theirs which is to only pop children and cook?

Is that what the 182 back & forth all about?

As a man, I'm guessing you do understand the sense of completeness and accomplishment of your hardwork but what I don't understand is why you want to deny another gender to feel same.

Marriage is not a competition. It's a simple concept of Two heads working TOGETHER. It doesn't matter who rakes the most revenue into the family pot.

I come back from work everyday and yell into thin air 'I Love my life'! , that's how happy I am. My role model is an Alpha male YET would disown me in a flash if I decide to warm couch all day in guise of packing lunchboxes and balancing spreadsheets. I detest it with every molecule in my anatomy. Tuah!

grin grin grin grin grin You ehn.

Those 'people'( I don't want to mention the name grin cos I don't want to derail the thread grin) don't warm couches all day o sis. You know I was 'one of them' tongue ;Dfor a while and jokes apart I actually think going to work is easier sometimes.

Stopping off at Costa to get a latte with Boys 2 men in the ears while reading my kindle without hearing' mummy' for the 100th time can be bliss grin
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Mynd44: 12:50pm On Apr 14, 2015
pickabeau1:
excellent rebuttal crackhaus

Let me call the original writer to debate with you on this

Mynd44
I wish I had half the time to reply the so called rebuttal but considering whoever lifted that did it without permission and the genius who wrote the rebuttal did not see the sense (semi serious) nature of the article leaves much to imagination. So much for intelligence these days.

Arguing on NL these days have proven to be a waste of time and most people just don't get it.

*takes another drag of weed*

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by crackhaus: 12:56pm On Apr 14, 2015
FrancisTony:

You musn't invent bulb or electricity? At least, brag with what you invented not what other men invented. Stop stroking your ego with other people achievements.
Err, I don't get this part of your post.

That someone mentioned Einstein and the achievements of other scholars means he's bragging? cheesy

I guess people should not discuss politics because they're not politicians, or talk about their favourite clubs because they're not footballers?

What about feminists? Why should any woman who has never held a feminist rally, organized a campaign, belonged to an active feminist organization, or helped improve the life of any one of the mistreated women she comes across everyday...why should that woman be a feminist?

You that's accusing someone else of not inventing anything, what have you invented? grin

I'm sure you like music.
Why should you be interested in music when you don't have a demo tape to your name?

LOL..

6 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 14, 2015
Genesis 3 New International Version (NIV)

3 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’? ”

2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden,

3. but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman.

^^^This is an argument between Eve and serpent.

5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.

7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden.

9 But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”

10 He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”

11 And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from? ”

12 The man said, “The woman you put here with me —she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”

^^^Here, he was putting blame on Eve.

13 Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”
The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

14 So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,
“Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring [ a ] and hers;
he will crush [ b ] your head,
and you will strike his heel.”

Crackhaus, i'm ready to learn where in this bible verse that Adam fell because of love he had for Eve.

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by bukatyne(f): 12:57pm On Apr 14, 2015
damiso:

grin You are right.

But we need research to progress civilization sha. A lot of advancements that have been made in the world today is down to research.

Scientific and technological research is a bit more conclusive. The social sciences/arts is a bit more open ended. Some 'researches'( especially if funded by a certain lobby group) tend to support the ideology of those who commissioned it grin . If a liberal left wing group /a conservative right wing group carry out research on a certain topic more often than not the conclusion on the same issue is always vastly different. e.g. If the Daily W(M)ail carries out research on Immigration, it would say immigrants are a drain on UK infrastructure and if The Guardian Carries out a similar one they would say that Immigrants bring a net benefit to the Uk economy. grin grin

So sometimes I dey use one kain eye look at some research.
grin

I agree that some research bring about advancement especially scientific and technological.

Besides, the OP brought a research conducted in America (no size of the sample population, no measuring index, no period etc.) and brought it to Nigeria where a lot of people are grappling with unemployment and underemployment.

Exactly how we bring AA's problems and try relating it with Nigerian society.

Nigerian women might be 'sadder' than their counterparts 35yrs ago however I will find it extremely difficult that it is because they are climbing the corporate ladder...

The popular ones do not seem sadder as they climb higher

Each to his/her own anyways.
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by lezz(m): 12:57pm On Apr 14, 2015
;
FrancisTony:

1) I'm not effiminate. You can believe whatever you want.

2) Why are homophobes so dumb? On a thread they tell you gays lacked motherly care on another, they would say they have domineering mothers.

Jeez! Stop thinking with your ass, i'm not gay but you can wish to label me anything. I don't care.

3) My grandma wasn't domineering. Not like I grew up with her. Just stayed with her during my primary school days.

4) Oh gawd! Another dumb and rétarded research. grin

What does it mean, then?

I was citing an example with your silly logic.

Do I need one? grin grin

Oh Lord! Who gave this dolt notion that i'm gay? undecided

None of my business.

- Why did Woman has to be a source of our salvation?
- I'm a Catholic and Mary is "theotokos" meaning Mother of God. What position does that place her?

Only Eve was created from the rib of Adam. Other people both men and women of today, were formed from male sperm and female egg.
Meanwhile, Adam and Eve fell and shouldn't be used as an example here - Jesus is the new Adam and Mary is the new Eve.

God needed to know whether Adam would succumb.
Adam showed that he's not strong enough and woman deceived him.

Snake deceived Eve and Eve deceived Adam.
They were both dumb.

Meanwhile, bible has many irregularities, don't think I concur with all passage(s).
I'm more of a theist who believe in some portions of the bible and Jesus.

None of my business

Yahweh was a misogyny in the old testament.

By the way, You need to research about books that was removed from the bible by Emporor Costantine--it reveres women higher than men.

-Book of Mary Magdalene etc

Crass!!! grin
lol, grin grin grin Lame, lame and lame attempt at defence. I know you'll come with a lousy response but I wasn't expecting this level of quackery from you.

I enjoyed the desperate attempt you employed at down playing the significance of your grandma's role in your upbringing as soon as you got besieged. That has been the root cause that has morphed you from a masculine, dominant male into an azz-leaking faggy fäggöt.

No amount of denial, shouting, and fighting will contrast the very nature you exude from thread to thread in nairaland : It is one who cannot reconcile his genetical composition to his feminie-dominated environment , one who has been bastardised by a perverted feminist 21st culture of a sexless human.

Alright enough of the this lengthy prose of explaining your hollow logic, mental and psychological makeup. Let me educate you with what your granny never told you; I'll answer those questionairs that exposed you for the fraud you are.

Some of my answers are going to be harsh, hurtful and damaging to feminists and their male apologists, but it is however the fundamental truth.

1----• Almighty God is a HE, a FATHER. THE BEGINNING OF ALL things created and funder.
The source of everything.

HE created the Male first to be the foundation and FATHER and source of the human race. That is why HE created the male first to be the source and progenitor of the human race.

2.....• If God had gone back to the dust to create the woman, she would have been independent of the male. She couldn't have been his help meet. She would have been someone with an entire different life career and purpose . Had God created the woman like the male, HUMANITY WOULD HAVE TWO LINEAGES.

A man would be called the son of his mother's father. That is what feminists are proposing, that's what a daft and maggot eating slowpoke like you is advocating.

In the bible, the genealogy of humanity was traced to their fathers to their progenitors and it ends with Adam the son of GOD.

3....• When Eve ate that fruit it was of no consequence because Eve didn't carry the authority, the responsibility of the human race. Adam did. It was Adam God held responsible not Eve. Remember my last post I said men are called to a higher sense of responsibility? Eve was his help meet, not his EQUAL PARTNER in the decision making process.

4....• Adam was with the snake since creation but the snake waited patiently to trick Eve. Your simplistic evasive answer of both Adam and Eve bieng dumb because while the snake tricked Eve, she then tricked Adam, is all the signs I needed to prove how malnourished your brainpower is.

Women are easily deceived,tricked and lured since the time of history across all cultures till this very day. God actually made her so because of the young child she will bear and nurse. Man are made more logical and less emotional to balance out the weak side of the woman and protect her from FALSE doctrines, cultures and trends. God gave the male both muscular and emotional stability above the woman to be an all-round shield for her.

The male cannot nurse after the young or hold the home as efficient as the female. This is how evolution balance the division of labour. That's is why women with WISDOM, not just INTELLIGENCE are happier and fulfilled than intelligent feminists. And that was what I will explain to balotyne or whatever her name is.

5----• It is striking to observe that all new churches easily convince the women. Later on men will follow up to get the ladies or to impress them.

Women are forever looking for direction, leadership and authority. No woman wants to be the one taking the majority of responsibility and decisions at home, not even the avowed feminists. When a man fails in spiritual and emotional leadership, females scatter like lamb without shepherd looking for direction. Feminism has destroyed many a young male. In Europe now there's actually a social war on males. I will point you to a ground breaking book: WAR ON THE BOYS to see the systematic war being waged by against young males all over Europe . That's why I say, African feminists are dump piece of decaying shout who haven't even begin to grasp the import of feminism .

I asked you why God had finished making the male and finished instructing him on his purpose on earth before creating the male.

HE observed the man was only, and needed a HELP MEET. lol. Your answers here are not only desperate lies but sacrilegious in its entirety. You need to ask forgiveness in all seriousness.

God gave women no office because the office of the man automatically becomes her office. The calling of the man becomes the woman's task of helping him in those areas.

That's why Saint Paul said in the NEW TESTAMENT, " The woman is made for the man, not the man for the woman. The woman was deceived not the man"

You foolishly want to differentiate Adam from today's man and Eve from today's woman. How clueless.

Every male is made essentially with the same emotional and physcio-mental disposition of Adam. He is still naming animals, generations, and pioneering civilization. And of course women are still DECIEVING men, for that's our only weakness, whom Evolution make us to fight and die for ;to own and to impress.

Women still are eternally like their mother Eve. Let me replay some of the thoughts of Eve in the garden.

"Eve looked at the fruit and it was pleasing to the eye. Reminds me how guys still get an easily lay by flaunting fastfoods eatries, shiny gifts and sweet words.

The devil also said " you will be like God, knowing evil from good. Your eyes shall be opened" Eve didn't only fall for the sweet voice modern women still fall for, she actually was an usurper who wished to out grow her husband by being equal to God.

FrancisTony, feminist never EVER are christians because behavioural scientists have come to acknowledge the role between men and women in support of the bible which has survived many civilizations and history.

you have admitted to be a partial believer of the bible, when are you going to toe the line of atheism of the feminists?

Answer: when you finally resolve your gendal confusion in favour of being a diick-sucking homo.

4 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by crackhaus: 12:59pm On Apr 14, 2015
Mynd44:

I wish I had half the time to reply the so called rebuttal but considering whoever lifted that did it without permission and the genius who wrote the rebuttal did not see the sense (semi serious) nature of the article leaves much to imagination. So much for intelligence these days.

Arguing on NL these days have proven to be a waste of time and most people just don't get it.

Lmao... we are not fighting gringrin

So the article is semi-serious now, is it? Okay o..

FrancisTony seems to think it's gold cheesy

*abeg puff puff pass the weed gimme* grin

2 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by bukatyne(f): 1:02pm On Apr 14, 2015
Mynd44:

I agree 100%

We don't change our beliefs, build up 'é-bad blood' and go back to our real lives living it as we please.
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 14, 2015
Mynd44:

angry
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by damiso(f): 1:05pm On Apr 14, 2015
bukatyne:

I agree that some research bring about advancement especially scientific and technological.

Besides, the OP brought a research conducted in America (no size of the sample population, no measuring index, no period etc.) and brought it to Nigeria where a lot of people are grappling with unemployment and underemployment.

Exactly how we bring AA's problems and try relating it with Nigerian society.

Nigerian women might be 'sadder' than their counterparts 35yrs ago however I will find it extremely difficult that it is because they are climbing the corporate ladder...

The popular ones do not seem sadder as they climb higher

Each to his/her own anyways.

Each to his own indeed.

However as I said in my intial post 'sadness' and 'happiness' are highly subjective and fluid states of mind/terms. There was one research that said Nigerians are the happiest people on earth but one week day in Idumota or Oshodi after having been harassed by car par touts and thoroughly insulted by the angry women who feels you disrupted her biscuit stall that was on the pavement that is meant for walking might leave you wondering where all the happy people are grin However go to a typical owambe on a Saturday and seeing people dance shoki like their lives depended on it grin would make you see the truth in that revelation grin.
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by coogar: 1:06pm On Apr 14, 2015
crackhaus:

Lmao... we are not fighting gringrin

So the article is semi-serious now, is it? Okay o..

FrancisTony seems to think it's gold cheesy

*abeg puff puff pass the weed gimme* grin

that article was in jest.

adam leaving eden to watch man utd & chelsea says it all. there's no other proof needed that a woman is a weaker vessel & she's only a helpmate.

if they are not......we should be praying to God the mother, God the daughter and God the holy spirit. adam got deceived cos he trusted eve. eve got deceived cos she was weak - she trusted a stranger.
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 14, 2015
Lezz, you can continue using cuss words but your questions shall remain unanswered.

I've got many things to attend to than been here.

4 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 14, 2015
@crackhaus: Thank you jare! I always side-eye these christian feminists that blatantly deny the obvious sexism in the bible.

BTW, do Christians really believe the Adam and Eve story to be true? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by bukatyne(f): 1:21pm On Apr 14, 2015
damiso:

Each to his own indeed.

However as I said in my intial post 'sadness' and 'happiness' are highly subjective and fluid states of mind/terms. There was one research that said Nigerians are the happiest people on earth but one week day in Idumota or Oshodi after having been harassed by car par touts and thoroughly insulted by the angry women who feels you disrupted her biscuit stall that was on the pavement that is meant for walking might leave you wondering where all the happy people are grin However go to a typical owambe on a Saturday and seeing people dance shoki like their lives depended on it grin would make you see the truth in that revelation grin.

I even forgot that

Nigerians are the happiest people on earth grin
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by crackhaus: 1:21pm On Apr 14, 2015
FrancisTony:
Genesis 3 New International Version (NIV)

3 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’? ”

2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden,

3. but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman.

^^^This is an argument between Eve and serpent.
Do you know what an argument is?

Satan asked a question and Eve merely repeated the instruction from God.
Satan then told her she won't die but acquire wisdom.

After this, Eve ate... where is the argument?

5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.

7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden.

9 But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”

10 He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”

11 And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from? ”

12 The man said, “The woman you put here with me —she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”

^^^Here, he was putting blame on Eve.
That is not blame bro, that's a report.

You also see that Eve put the blame (in your own words) on the serpent.
So I guess both man and woman knows how to shift blame if this is how you want to see it, do you agree?

13 Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”
The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

14 So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,
“Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring [ a ] and hers;
he will crush [ b ] your head,
and you will strike his heel.”

Crackhaus, i'm ready to learn where in this bible verse that Adam fell because of love he had for Eve.

Thanks
Everything is not in words... precepts upon precepts, this is how one can truly understand the short descriptions.

I'll direct you to this verse again:

That statement by Adam is deep in meaning - he not only feels betrayed by the woman, he also subtly hints that God shouldn't have brought Eve as a companion.

Adam had complete trust and love for his partner, this was so because she is the only person who looked like him at that point in creation and also because she was borne out of him by the perfect God - in his eyes, she could do no wrong.
That statement 'the woman you put here with me' is one stemming from disappointment.

Like I said, not everything is written in words... precepts upon precepts.

I'm not saying Adam should not be responsible for the choice he made, in case that's your interpretation.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

How I Caught My Wife With My Pastor, Husband Tells Court / "No! Don't Touch Me There" / Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.