Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,910 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

(heart Touching Photo) Syrian Girl's 'surrender' To Cameraman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (heart Touching Photo) Syrian Girl's 'surrender' To Cameraman (1381 Views)

"Red Scorpion" Militants Surrender To Okorocha In Imo (photos) / Boko Haram Members Surrender To Troops As They Rescue More Villagers .. Photos / Touching Photo Of A Nigerian Soldier Praying Before Battle With Boko Haram(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(heart Touching Photo) Syrian Girl's 'surrender' To Cameraman by Sapeleboy(m): 11:57am On Apr 12, 2015
I don't Know if this topic is already on NL but you really need to see this..... Mob please help move to the right section.
A young girl's frightened face has captured
the hearts of social media users across the
globe.
The image shows a 4-year-old Syrian girl
holding her arms in the air. According to
BBC Trending, the youngster is surrendering
to the photographer capturing her on film.
She thinks his camera is a gun.
The photo was taken at Atmeh refugee
camp in Syria, the report says:
It began to go viral Tuesday last week, when
it was tweeted by Nadia Abu Shaban, a
photojournalist based in Gaza. The image
quickly spread across the social network.
"I'm actually weeping", "unbelievably sad",
and "humanity failed", the comments read.
The original post has been retweeted more
than 11,000 times. On Friday the image was
shared on Reddit, prompting another
outpouring of emotion. It's received more
than 5,000 upvotes, and 1,600 comments.
Internet users initially thought the girl was a
boy. Some folks assumed the image was
fake, BBC Trending wrote.
The publication interviewed the
photographer, Osman Sağırlı.
"I was using a telephoto lens, and she
thought it was a weapon," he told BBC
Trending. "İ [realized] she was terrified after
I took it, and looked at the picture, because
she bit her lips and raised her hands.
Normally kids run away, hide their faces or
smile when they see a camera." He says he
finds pictures of children in the camps
particularly revealing. "You know there are
displaced people in the camps. It makes
more sense to see what they have suffered
not through adults, but through children. It
is the children who reflect the feelings with
their innocence."

3 Likes

Re: (heart Touching Photo) Syrian Girl's 'surrender' To Cameraman by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
Sad.
Btw, I think I've seena similar post b4 on nl.
Re: (heart Touching Photo) Syrian Girl's 'surrender' To Cameraman by fharmah(m): 12:03pm On Apr 12, 2015
shit dis is bad
d young girls has grown up in fear
Re: (heart Touching Photo) Syrian Girl's 'surrender' To Cameraman by Sapeleboy(m): 12:11pm On Apr 12, 2015
1 thing i hate about war is the fact that the innocent ones suffers the most, war has never been the solution to any problem.
Re: (heart Touching Photo) Syrian Girl's 'surrender' To Cameraman by naturally: 12:47pm On Apr 12, 2015
Eiya, poor gal

1 Like

Re: (heart Touching Photo) Syrian Girl's 'surrender' To Cameraman by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 12, 2015
*sad face*

1 Like

Re: (heart Touching Photo) Syrian Girl's 'surrender' To Cameraman by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 12, 2015
It is well...
Re: (heart Touching Photo) Syrian Girl's 'surrender' To Cameraman by slap1(m): 1:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
It's sad. I saw the picture last week; it's disheartening. The little girl...see the fear written on her face. At that tender age, when she should be giggling at the camera man, she's raising her hands in surrender, apparently braced for death. The world is becoming sadder and tiring by the day. What a pity!

1 Like

Re: (heart Touching Photo) Syrian Girl's 'surrender' To Cameraman by Omololu007(m): 1:20pm On Apr 12, 2015
I felt bad lukin at dat pix

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Vice Pres. Sambo To Head PDP Transition Committee / PHOTOS: Over 1500 Killed In Massive Earthquake In Nepal Today / Is It Possible To Find A Husband And Job In Nigeria??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.