Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,228 members, 7,811,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

(yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today (9588 Views)

Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? / Igbo, Nigeria Land Lord And Oil Lord! / Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa-Fulani shall remain one!!! (SEE WHY) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by Alexk2(m): 1:41pm On Apr 12, 2015
I wonder why this matter was blowned out of proportn to this level. The oba had apologised; saying he never meant to pass such msg @ all and what again did anybody wants him to do?...besides., he must be respected and the host community deserves some respect pls....
Lastly, we all should understand that lagos is yoruba land; nt a no man's land.

The only thing you did wrong is ending your long standing friendship simply because you guys didnt handle things well...--e.g, why trading words on timeline(public show of shame)?...why not simply chat with him privately and make him see reason/s why he shouldnt tow that line @ all. If nothing, been a child of God call for restrain.
I still believe you guys can mend fences...'maybe you are his frnd for such a reason as that'..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by handsomenairala: 1:51pm On Apr 12, 2015
Please can you stop your recent comments on my Facebook write up. You can do that on your own facebook page please. I really don't like your comments. Thank you.

Above was his response after I told him little bit about Nigeria history which got him upset and this is a person that has been attacking the fingers that fed him.

Below was my response to him

I have nothing to do with your Timeline as long as you leave Yoruba issue out of your timeline. I think I have every right to defend my Nation anywhere either on social platform or offline.

I have got no issue with you; I am only addressing your wrong posts like every other fora.

However, if you are comfortable with my response, you could ask Facebook to block me off your timeline and that would prevent me from reading and responding to write ups.

Thanks and God bless.

6 Likes

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by jaysniggs: 1:52pm On Apr 12, 2015
You shouldn't expect any less from them op
They can't help it
Feed an Igbo man for 20 years, give chance or plan a dispute between you both and watch how they react.
You'd be surprised and wonder if that was the animal you've been living with.
I've had countless experiences right from my primary school days.
Although some who have integrated into our society have evolved.
But if in a crate of 24 eggs 21 have been tested bad wouldn't it be a waste of time to test the remaining 3?

7 Likes

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by handsomenairala: 2:08pm On Apr 12, 2015
jaysniggs:
You shouldn't expect any less from them op
They can't help it
Feed an Igbo man for 20 years, give chance or plan a dispute between you both and watch how they react.
You'd be surprised and wonder if that was the animal you've been living with.
I've had countless experiences right from my primary school days.
Although some who have integrated into our society have evolved.
But if in a crate of 24 eggs 21 have been tested bad wouldn't it be a waste of time to test the remaining 3?

You are right bro.

5 Likes

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 12, 2015
You guys are supposedly friends, why allow this issue to get in the way?

1 Like

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by obinoral1179(m): 2:20pm On Apr 12, 2015
seankafor:
yoruba fools
another bigot set loosed
Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by obinoral1179(m): 2:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
barcanista:
We can play politics and disagree over issues but when it comes to tribal related stuffs, we have to be very careful. One thing we lack in this country is understanding and emotional judgement on critical issues rather than rational. If we can get things right, we will solve lots of problems as a country. Ethnoreligios bigotry will never do us any good. That doesn't mean we shouldn't protect our ethnic interest, which must be within the context of civility and sanity.

Sadly, the elite aren't helping things!
first time you are making sense to me.

3 Likes

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by djon78(m): 2:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
Honestly this drama during this election period has realy opened my eyes as an Igbo person to things I have overlooked b4 and I have taken some critical deciscion. One is that I will reduce my exposure to Lagos completely to zero both investments, businesswise etc. I was in the east for like a week and I was realy impressed, eg Awka is wearing new look, with highbrow area springing up and enough land to develop. These are all we leave to go and dwell in lands where we are not appreciated.
The time has come for we Igbos to forget all these running away from our place, let us go home and develop our place. This should be our agenda, if we do so in the next 10 to 20 years we will be glad we did. As for me I have made up my mind.

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by Sanguine77(m): 2:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
LubricatingOil:
The ibos can only be your friends when they gaining from you.

You did well.

This is a lie and you know it

8 Likes

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by handsomenairala: 2:42pm On Apr 12, 2015
musing:
You guys are supposedly friends, why allow this issue to get in the way?

We are friends since age 10 or thereabout, but as human, your body naturally react when your blood is being attacked rudely and unfairly to your face.

3 Likes

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by francizy(m): 2:52pm On Apr 12, 2015
handsomenairala:
We met and became friends in my first year in Secondary School but prior to this meeting, we had met at extra mural classes organised by Ghananians.

We attended one of the best Roman catholic secondary schools in Ondo state and our relationship remained the same ever since we left Secondary school to different tertiary institutions.

After so many years in different directions of life, fate led us to each other on that fateful day; we met again at Barbing Salon in London; exchanged pleasantries and phone numbers. And funny enough, we both attend the same Pentecostal Church.

However, problems started last week when the issue of Oba Akiolu was being blown out of proportion. I went on my Facebook page only to see his Timeline filled up with myopic views/biased write ups about Yorubas and distorted history. I ignored it but my conscience couldn't. I therefore decided to call his attention to what Arthur Eze said about Yorubas in the presence of Goodluck Jonathan and Obi of Onitsha and the Yoruba quiet response to the repulsive and annoying utterances. I told him that as a pastor-to-be; your Timeline has always been used for Evangelism but all of sudden, it has now been turned to a platform to bash Yorubas. I told him to desist from such habit and i moved on with my life.

Unfortunately, he chose not to address or respond to my submission/grievance. He went on his Timeline and bashed me in directly. I read his indirect message on his Timeline, I wanted to talk but I thought there was no need for it and I moved on. To my surprise today, he filled up his Timeline again about how Urhobo, Itshekiri, Ijaws etc should come together against Yorubas and I got upset.

I went on his Timeline and narrated the history of Nigeria which turned out to irritate and upset him. We exchanged words and I advised him to delete me off his friends list for life.

Sad, isn't it?

But life goes on. Thank God I m deleting bigot out of my life.

OP, as an Igbo man, I will tell you this, you did nothing wrong for letting him off your life, that is if it's the truth. Facebook is a sensitive place and shouldn't be utilized for degrading and tribalistic statements. As a Nairalander, although I hardly do engage with people on here, I still mind my utterances. In all my posts here, I only corrected some people after which I showed them reason not to tag the Igbos what they feel when Fulani people are going about a killing spree but nobody uttered a word, and in some cases joked about Akiolu's statement.

Finally, the actions of one man cannot be used to judge the mindset of everyone. Many people who commented before me on this thread have shown how biased they are by generalizing that all Igbos are tribalistic just because of the actions of your friend and I say, how are they different from your friend and how is your friend different from Oba Akiolu?

We Nigerians are all hypocritically biased set of myopic and sentimental beings and we're only different by language, culture, location, etc. No tribe is better than the other in regards to ills. Just take it that way.

Peace.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by handsomenairala: 2:58pm On Apr 12, 2015
djon78:
Honestly this drama during this election period has realy opened my eyes as an Igbo person to things I have overlooked b4 and I have taken some critical deciscion. One is that I will reduce my exposure to Lagos completely to zero both investments, businesswise etc. I was in the east for like a week and I was realy impressed, eg Awka is wearing new look, with highbrow area springing up and enough land to develop. These are all we leave to go and dwell in lands where we are not appreciated.
The time has come for we Igbos to forget all these running away from our place, let us go home and develop our place. This should be our agenda, if we do so in the next 10 to 20 years we will be glad we did. As for me I have made up my mind.

It's quite sad that things are turning out like this bro. I felt bad when I read your post but your fellow brothers and sisters are not helping this whole thing. I swear down, Yorubas wouldn't mind if you become a governor tomorrow but the way your people disrespect their hosts is really annoying to say the least.

If Igbos could get rid of this habit, they ll be smiling to their Bank every week with proceeds from all their businesses in the West and the North.

However, having read world history and read extensively about how Sudan and India were splited into two countries; I realise that Igbos are making the biggest mistake of their lives by investing in the West and the North.

Look around you and tell me if there is one Nigeria spirit in anybody, I presumed that your would beNo.

I advised some young Igbo youths here couple of weeks ago about how to keep their businesses in the East for the sake of their future and in case separation and

5 Likes

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by Sanguine77(m): 3:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
On the first day I reported to work, I was assigned to a Yoruba guy to put me through nd he told me three things: I like women, drinking and I hate Igbo people especially Anambra people. This is a guy who went to Madonna university in okija and equally served (nysc) in Anambra.
Is it right for me to hate the whole yoruba pple cos of him?
Hate is an individual thing.

12 Likes

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by Omololu007(m): 3:14pm On Apr 12, 2015
Sanguine77:
On the first day I reported to work, I was assigned to a Yoruba guy to put me through nd he told me three things: I like women, drinking and I HAVE Igbo people especially Anambra people. This is a guy who went to Madonna university in okija and equally served (nysc) in Anambra.
Is it right for me to the the whole yoruba pple cos of him?
Hate is an individual thing.
hav or hate ibo pple?
Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by Omololu007(m): 3:15pm On Apr 12, 2015
djon78:
dats gud bro,keep tellin ur ibo brodas in yoruba land(not just lagos alone) to go back to d east to live and invest dia.thanks

2 Likes

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by ikeyman00(m): 3:17pm On Apr 12, 2015
@@@@

franzicy

OP, as an Igbo man, I will tell you this, you did nothing wrong for letting him off your life

u think u are making sense!

im also an igbo man

one thing collectively we all lose as any igbo people

and this should be your worry

and not that worthless and useless house u built in lagos
Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by francizy(m): 3:26pm On Apr 12, 2015
handsomenairala:

It's quite sad that things are turning out like this bro. I felt bad when I read your post but your fellow brothers and sisters are not helping this whole thing. I swear down, Yorubas wouldn't mind if you become a governor tomorrow but the way your people disrespect their hosts is really annoying to say the least.

Where is the disrespect if I may ask? I used to see Yoruba people as our hosts but some people on NL made me understand that there is nothing like hosting here. This is Nigeria and anybody should be free to lead anywhere and at any level. I asked before and I will ask again:

After the civil war, has the Igbos ever risen up as a unit to fight the Yoruba people in either the Lagos state or in the SE?

Has there ever been a time a truck load of Yoruba corpses were brought from SE to the SW for burial?

Has the Igbos ever forcefully taken your lands and started building without paying for the land and land use charge?

Has the Igbos ever disrupted a Yoruba gathering, meeting or party?

Has the Igbos ever destroyed your buildings and mount pressure on the Yoruba people?

We have to get somethings right here..

If Igbos could get rid of this habit, they ll be smiling to their Bank every week with proceeds from all their businesses in the West and the North.

Now let me ask you here again:

Haven't you heard of cases where dead bodies were brought in from the north to SW for burial due to one religious/election crises or another?

Haven't you heard of cases where Fulani people use their cattle to destroy farms in the Yoruba lands and when the farmers complain, they get killed?

Can you recall what happened in Jos? How the Hausa/Fulani contested for a post, lost it in 2011 and started killing the indegenes of Jos? Have the Igbos ever done this? No.

I can imaging what would have become of Lagos if the Hausa/Fulani had this same population Igbos have here in Lagos and has not yet produced a governor.

You of all people know that nobody is safe in the north except if your Hausa or Fulani Muslim. So no point talking about smiling to the bank in the north. Your peeps who have travelled to the north, if truthful, will give you a low down of how they are treated in the face of slight provocation.

And I ask, how have you people reacted to all these? Why are the less troublesome and less violent tribe now tagged the devils?

However, having read world history and read extensively about how Sudan and India were splited into two countries; I realise that Igbos are making the biggest mistake of their lives by investing in the West and the North.

Look around you and tell me if there is one Nigeria spirit in anybody, I presumed that your would beNo.

I advised some young Igbo youths here couple of weeks ago about how to keep their businesses in the East for the sake of their future and in case separation and

You are not far from the truth here, the entity called Nigeria is actually sitting on a time bomb and might go off soon.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by atakamus: 3:31pm On Apr 12, 2015
There are some judgements you see or observe sometimes that are irritating. Most of you are busy saying delete him, bigot, ethnocentric and other yeye grammar wey una de speak abi na spark. Have you heard from his so called friend. How will you judge somebody by what another person said without hearing his own side. Did this Yoruba London saint provide evidences of the so call write up of his friend? Even if this his friend wrote such a thing, what did he as a person wrote in his friends timeline? Make una use una brain. Make una comot for road,let me pass. This place de smell lies lies. Abeg park make I drive pass.

7 Likes

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by francizy(m): 3:40pm On Apr 12, 2015
atakamus:
There are some judgements you see or observe sometimes that are irritating. Most of you are busy saying delete him, bigot, ethnocentric and other yeye grammar wey una de speak abi na spark. Have you heard from his so called friend. How will you judge somebody by what another person said without hearing his own side. Did this Yoruba London saint provide evidences of the so call write up of his friend? Even if this his friend wrote such a thing, what did he as a person wrote in his friends timeline? Make una use una brain. Make una comot for road,let me pass. This place de smell lies lies. Abeg park make I drive pass.

That is why I actually told the OP this:

OP, as an Igbo man, I will tell you this, you did nothing wrong for letting him off your life, that is if it's the truth.

2 Likes

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by akinszz: 3:41pm On Apr 12, 2015
Lagoon is waiting 4 you. Lol
seankafor:
yoruba fools
Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by dunkem21(m): 3:51pm On Apr 12, 2015
Just here to check on Rose2014 and make sure she will not kick start anything. grin

But OP, ...
Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by Twistaray(m): 4:01pm On Apr 12, 2015
handsomenairala:
Please can you stop your recent comments on my Facebook write up. You can do that on your own facebook page please. I really don't like your comments. Thank you.

Above was his response after I told him little bit about Nigeria history which got him upset and this is a person that has been attacking the fingers that fed him.

Below was my response to him

I have nothing to do with your Timeline as long as you leave Yoruba issue out of your timeline. I think I have every right to defend my Nation anywhere either on social platform or offline.

I have got no issue with you; I am only addressing your wrong posts like every other fora.

However, if you are comfortable with my response, you could ask Facebook to block me off your timeline and that would prevent me from reading and responding to write ups.

Thanks and God bless.

Yeeboo are animalistic by nature.
You need not bother yourself its in their gene.
Eyahaaaa

1 Like

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by honourhim: 4:13pm On Apr 12, 2015
djon78:

My brother dont mind our people. I ve been telling them to have some of their investments in the east but some of dem no dey hear word. For me i cant be so blinded to the tribal sentiments in Nigeria which i seriously hate. Its a shame that this nonsense is happening in a country that is highly religious. Even the yorubas that are trying to claiim whatever are not better. It is a Nigerian disease and no tribe is free. Every sunday majority of us troop to church and pray in tongues. We come home and use the same tongue to slice our brothers. We read the bible yet fail to imbibe the love that Jesus taught us to have towards one another. Christianity in Nigeria is becoming a sham and a shame. Too bad. Pastors are busy preaching prosperity message and how we can give the lord one million naira and get ten million naira. The core message of Christ which is Love, salvation and the kingdom of God is relegated to the background. Only few preach it. Are pastors not seeing what is going on? What have they done to curb the situation? They are busy preaching the messages that will bring money into their bank account and cars into their garage. Its so pathetic.

3 Likes

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by Rose2014: 4:27pm On Apr 12, 2015
dunkem21:
Just here to check on Rose2014 and make sure she will not kick start anything. grin

But OP, ...
Atokwanum o. :DSorry boss embarassed
Leaves the thread before I get into more trouble
Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by Arysexy(m): 4:31pm On Apr 12, 2015
Stupid op.

If politics could make u end childhood friendship, then u are far from maturity.

My facebook wall, bbm, and watsaap walls have Bern bombarded by yoruba taunts on igbos, I just read and laugh, u don't have to allow it get at u.

See below picture my closest yoruba friend just used as dp.

There are many more

4 Likes

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by dunkem21(m): 4:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
Rose2014:

Atokwanum o. :DSorry boss embarassed
Leaves the thread before I get into more trouble

Ndo nne.

Your ban expires by 9:57pm ..13.04.15
Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by olivegirl(f): 4:48pm On Apr 12, 2015
handsomenairala:
@all, I only got upset not cos I am a Yoruba man but for the fact that this Igbo guy was born and brought up in one of south west cities.

As an Igbo guy, he was entitled to all what I was entitled to as a Yoruba boy while growing up in our neighbourhood. You could imagine how I felt when I read those messages on his Timeline against the same people you drank their water. I felt betrayed and disappointed in him.

Honestly speaking, I didn't even attack him initially, I only made him to see reason why Igbos should not be blowing issues out of proportion. Unfortunately, he played victim mentality first and when he realised that didn't work, he responded by warning me not to respond to his write ups again.

And I told him, as yoruba man, I won't stay here and allow you to talk about my people in that manner. Respect my people and i ll respect yours. However, if you are not comfortable with my historical response to your myopic submissions, pls don't hesitate to do the needy(delete me).

He even bagged his degree in one of the federal universities in south west, can you imagine this same guy betraying us.
The fact moses grew in pharaohs palace doesn't make him an egyptian. Pls every tribe is battling with his or her misson. God said he will judge us based on the 12 tribes of isreal. Belief me what God will use to judge levi is different from judah. Pls we igbo lives apathy live. We cry cause we belief we don't ask much but little. We belief in our own not in our fathers own. Pls your friend is still your friend. In nija here maintain him cause both of you have different root. But too much memory together. Nigeria need to pay so much to 5 states in igbo land and prohibit the use of discrimination words. File anybody with such act. Germans now are paying to isreal so peace is settling gradually. On behalf of igbos am sorry over your friend

2 Likes

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by Igwe9(m): 4:50pm On Apr 12, 2015
Many of us here are also guilty of the same offence.
Why can't we treat issues as they are without making some kinda annoying sweeping statement?

You are no different from the man if you make any generalisation about igbos or yorubas, To me, I drive no joy in doing that, in short it will be a great disservice to myself since I have many yoruba friends and none of them has done anything bad to me.
Yes, I get some cold treatment from some yorubas but I also get same treatment from some igbo folks, so, it's not a tribal thing but human nature.

Please quit this nonsense because none of us chose to be born in our present locations.

Thank you!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 12, 2015
Thanks to our leaders...they are doing a good job sowing the seed of hatred in us and we are sure learning.
A yoruba girl,won't call her my friend because I don't know her,she sent a request and I accepted.....she blocked me because of what I post on my timeline. Funny enough,I don't bash any but praise my tribe and it got her upset.
The funny part is when she noticed I didn't even know she blocked me,she sent me a mail to tell me and also tell me why...her reason, I am too proud being IGBO as if we are God....hmmmm see me see wahala.
Anyway, I still ignored her.

handsomenairala:
We met and became friends in my first year in Secondary School but prior to this meeting, we had met at extra mural classes organised by Ghananians.

We attended one of the best Roman catholic secondary schools in Ondo state and our relationship remained the same ever since we left Secondary school to different tertiary institutions.

After so many years in different directions of life, fate led us to each other on that fateful day; we met again at Barbing Salon in London; exchanged pleasantries and phone numbers. And funny enough, we both attend the same Pentecostal Church.

However, problems started last week when the issue of Oba Akiolu was being blown out of proportion. I went on my Facebook page only to see his Timeline filled up with myopic views/biased write ups about Yorubas and distorted history. I ignored it but my conscience couldn't. I therefore decided to call his attention to what Arthur Eze said about Yorubas in the presence of Goodluck Jonathan and Obi of Onitsha and the Yoruba quiet response to the repulsive and annoying utterances. I told him that as a pastor-to-be; your Timeline has always been used for Evangelism but all of sudden, it has now been turned to a platform to bash Yorubas. I told him to desist from such habit and i moved on with my life.

Unfortunately, he chose not to address or respond to my submission/grievance. He went on his Timeline and bashed me in directly. I read his indirect message on his Timeline, I wanted to talk but I thought there was no need for it and I moved on. To my surprise today, he filled up his Timeline again about how Urhobo, Itshekiri, Ijaws etc should come together against Yorubas and I got upset.

I went on his Timeline and narrated the history of Nigeria which turned out to irritate and upset him. We exchanged words and I advised him to delete me off his friends list for life.

Sad, isn't it?

But life goes on. Thank God I m deleting bigot out of my life.

3 Likes

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by pazienza(m): 5:01pm On Apr 12, 2015
Reminds me of Ojukwu's friendship with Aluko, Awo and the Yoruba man he entrusted with leading the Biafran army match to Lagos, can't seem to remember his name now.

Well, in all these friendships, Ojukwu ended up with the short ends of the stick. Aluko was leaking Ojukwu secrets to his Northern masters, Awo was calling for starvation of Igbo women and children, the other Yoruba guy, sabotaged the Biafran match to Lagos.

Your friend is a lucky man, getting rid of you will be the best decision he had ever made in his life. He will live a fulfilled man.

To all Igbos, have Yoruba acquaintances, have no Yoruba friends, they can never be trusted, live in peace with all men.

4 Likes

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by francizy(m): 5:08pm On Apr 12, 2015
peppyluv02:
Thanks to our leaders...they are doing a good job sowing the seed of hatred in us and we are sure learning.
A yoruba girl,won't call her my friend because I don't know her,she sent a request and I accepted.....she blocked me because of what I post on my timeline. Funny enough,I don't bash any but praise my tribe and it got her upset.
The funny part is when she noticed I didn't even know she blocked me,she sent me a mail to tell me and also tell me why...her reason, I am too proud being IGBO as if we are God....hmmmm see me see wahala.
Anyway, I still ignored her.

That reminds me of what happens here on NL. When Okechukwu robs a bank, then all flat headed Igbo people are criminals but when Uchechukwu achieves world recognition through their input in science, technology, politics, etc, then he is a Nigerian.

We the Igbos are not free to love our own or praise our tribes if we're to go by the mentality of many people here on NL.

2 Likes

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by Alisha4U(f): 5:17pm On Apr 12, 2015
[b]The only Bigots I see in this whole matter are the Yorubas! Your Oba threatened, swearing to his Allah that he would throw the Igbos into the lagoon if they should vote for Agbaja and instead of unequivocally condemning him, you are condemning the Igbos for blowing it out of proportion! Is there a proportion for the threat of genocide by a ruler with millions of followers who would be ready to do his biddings?

I've never heard any Yoruba person (Beside some political statements) condemn this great threat unequivocally! Instead, you Yorubas are all united against the Igbos on this singular account of your Oba's rascally statement, nothing more. Your are united against the threatened Igbos for crying out loud, on the account that they are crying too loud or 'blowing the whole thing out of proportion'!

What a shame! Even your educated elites are infested with this bigotry.

Observing from the side, not being neither Yoruba nor Igbo, I fear for the nest generation. Being particularly a minority from the centre of Nigeria, I feel helpless and I fear for my progenies in this country of madman. I weep.

What a shame![/b]

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019: PDP Cautions Erring Support Groups / Afegbua To Daniel Bwala: I Am Not One Of Those Atiku Can Threaten / Olohunwa & Mcoluomo Banned From Lagos Nurtw Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.