Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,770 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

(yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today (9626 Views)

Igbo-nigeria: Why Are Federal Projects In SE Under PPP? / Igbo, Nigeria Land Lord And Oil Lord! / Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa-Fulani shall remain one!!! (SEE WHY) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 12, 2015
handsomenairala:

We are friends since age 10 or thereabout, but as human, your body naturally react when your blood is being attacked rudely and unfairly to your face.

Did he curse your brother, your father, your sister, your mother? Granted, he has wrong and hurtful views but he probably thinks the exact same thing of you; that your views are wrong and hurtful. Whatever it is, friendships are important things and I can't see myself ever allowing such a thing to be the only reason I loose a friend.
Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by handsomenairala: 7:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
ElekeNtioba:

Your twisted account of history is d reason u pple always make baseless arguments.

1. If u had any indepth knowledge abt d holocaust and anti-semitism u'll undertand wat l'm saying. I dont have the time to start teaching u abt it. Just know the holocaust had more to do with a long history of hate than world war two.

2. Igbos never taunted any anybody. Ask anyone who lived thru dat period and they will tell u dat Igbos were the only fully integrated tribe in Nigeria. That propaganda was made up by elements in the north who wanted revenge for the killing of their revered figures. They used it to whip up sentiments among northerners. This is exactly why some Igbos were bitter abt oba's threats. Such statements from pple like him can set off a conflagration nobody can douse.

3. Biafra never declared war on anybody. Rather after her declaration of independence, Nigeria attacked. The Biafran expedition to capture Lagos came at the behest of a yoruba officer, Victor Banjo. Banjo wanted to force his pple to join the secession and bring a speedy end to the war. Before then, Ojukwu never for a day considered adding yorubaland to Biafra.

Biafran was conceived to safeguard pple of the then Eastern region and not become a rabid dog of a state.

I can only u point in d right direction. Its left for you to make use of ur brain.

It's quite sad seeing this new generation of Ibos trying so hard to rewrite the history that was known to British writers and other nations around the world.

The reason why things remained the same since 1960 is the fact that Ibos refused to see where they have gone wrong but chose to accommodate only where others had wrong them.

It won't change anything.

Please, stop reading the books writing by people like Chinua Achebe and the other lady. Read neutral books so as to see the atrocities of your progenitors.

3 Likes

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by vicope: 7:25pm On Apr 12, 2015
Alisha4U:
[b]The only Bigots I see in this whole matter are the Yorubas! Your Oba threatened, swearing to his Allah that he would throw the Igbos into the lagoon if they should vote for Agbaja and instead of unequivocally condemning him, you are condemning the Igbos for blowing it out of proportion! Is there a proportion for the threat of genocide by a ruler with millions of followers who would be ready to do his biddings?

I've never heard any Yoruba person (Beside some political statements) condemn this great threat unequivocally! Instead, you Yorubas are all united against the Igbos on this singular account of your Oba's rascally statement, nothing more. Your are united against the threatened Igbos for crying out loud, on the account that they are crying too loud or 'blowing the whole thing out of proportion'!

What a shame! Even your educated elites are infested with this bigotry.

Observing from the side, not being neither Yoruba nor Igbo, I fear for nest generation. Being particularly a minority from the centre of Nigeria, I feel helpless and I fear for my progenies in this country of madman. I weep.

What a shame![/b]

next you mean? Now what side are you? Are you speaking for the ibo or your 'minority' from the center of Nigeria? U're pretty smiley
Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by handsomenairala: 7:30pm On Apr 12, 2015
musing:

Did he curse your brother, your father, your sister, your mother? Granted, he has wrong and hurtful views but he probably thinks the exact same thing of you; that your views are wrong and hurtful. Whatever it is, friendships are important things and I can't see myself ever allowing such a thing to be the only reason I loose a friend.

In recent months, loads of tribal words have been spoken against Igbos, Hausas and Yorubas in political and social arena but cos I have friends who are Igbos, I completely stay away from tribal topic that might offend my friends.

Facebook Timeline is like you are on live TV......
Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
handsomenairala:Move on with your Good life...you can't REASON with these people;THEY ARE A UNREASONABLE AND WICKED PEOPLE!!! angry,as long as your account of the story is true...You did nothing wrong..."LET A FOOL BE A FOOL,IT'S ALLOWED". God bless you...

1 Like

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by handsomenairala: 7:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
musing:

My friend, I wrote my reservation and inbox him but to my surprise, he went on his Timeline to attack me with repulsive words indirectly but I just laughed it off and I moved on.

All I did today was telling him a bit about Nigeria history (no personal attack) but couldn't take the heat

2 Likes

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 12, 2015
handsomenairala:

In recent months, loads of tribal words have been spoken against Igbos, Hausas and Yorubas in political and social arena but cos I have friends who are Igbos, I completely stay away from tribal topic that might offend my friends.

Facebook Timeline is like you are on live TV......

Well...try and discuss more with him. From what you've said he's lived outside the SouthEast all his life, and I can relate. Take a look at NL's politics timeline and try and read it from his perspective. He's probably someone that like my family voted Buhari and supported Apc like everyone else, yet went on twitter, Linda ikeji and Nl the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that, and the day after that...it still hasn't stopped, to see Nigerians condemning his ethnic group as a whole, and for those in Lagos to see them term Igbo people parasites. It doesn't feel nice to put it simply, so I can only say his immaturity is the reason you guys are in conflict now. If he's your friend be the more mature one, and wait for this nonsense to die down before discussing it.
Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by handsomenairala: 7:40pm On Apr 12, 2015
Xsolutions:
handsomenairala:Move on with your Good life...you can't REASON with these people;THEY ARE A UNREASONABLE AND WICKED PEOPLE!!! angry,as long as your account of the story is true...You did nothing wrong..."LET A FOOL BE A FOOL,IT'S ALLOWED". God bless you...

My brother, I have got no reason to lie against him. I can copy all the messages for you to see. I warned him to desist from writing rubbish about my people. He was pained simply cos of this but this same guy has been sharing all sorts of rubbish abt Yorubas on his Timeline for almost one week. You see how selfish and wicked people are...

I got upset cos he grew up with us. And the funny thing was that, I didn't attack him personally but narrated a little bit of Nigeria history and where Ibos have gone wrong in the past

1 Like

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 12, 2015
handsomenairala:

My brother, I have got no reason to lie against him. I can copy all the messages for you to see. I warned him to desist from writing rubbish about my people.

I got upset cos he grew up with us. And the funny thing was that, I didn't attack him personally but narrated a little bit of Nigeria history and where Ibos have gone wrong in the past

What history was this? Can I take a look?
Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by ElekeNtioba: 7:45pm On Apr 12, 2015
handsomenairala:

Pls, I want you to clarify a point here before the whole thread turn to tribal war.

Why is it that Igbos always deal with Issues from what was done to them as people but not what they Igbos have done to others? Life is all about Igbos bro.

If Igbos could address this, half of Igbos problem with others is half solved my friend.

I m yet to see an Igbo man that is interested in what happened prior to Pogrom in the North.

I am yet to see an Igbo man who is interested in how Northern, western and middle belt leaders were callously killed and maimed.

I m yet to see an Igbo man to address why Aguiyi Ironsi singlehandedly destroyed our well maintained regional system of government.

I m yet to see an Igbo man to address why Igbo formed political alliance with the Northern Oligarchy twice and at the detriment of southern part of the country.

My friend, if someone has done one of these to Igbo people, what would have been your view today?

Very unreaonable points u raised. Now I see why ur friend would have hard time engaging in a sensible argument. I can only do my best. Its upto you to put bigotry aside and make educated points.

Here is aIgboman addressing those points u raised.

1. By what happened b4the progrom, I assume u mean Nzeogwu's coup. Then I ask, did d Igbo nation order Nzeogwu to plot a coup and murder northern leaders. If not, why then should entire Igbo nation bear responsibility for the action of 5 igbo oficers. Why is the yoruba nation not being held accountable too for the two yoruba offiers who plotted with them.

2. Aguiyi Ironsi did what he thought best for the country. How on hell should the Igbos answer for it when he never consulted us Does it mean each time an Igbo person takes action on his own volition then the rest of us shuld ber responsibilty. What kind of reasoning is this pls??

3. Pls tell me how a coaslition was to the detriment of southrn Nigeria?? Have u forgotten Akintola dethroned Awolowo in Western region to join a coalition with the north??

Your line of thought is shocking to be honest.

5 Likes

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by francizy(m): 7:46pm On Apr 12, 2015
Fulaman198:

Hypocrite at work here, you complain about people insulting your Igbo people but yet you turn around and backbite Fulani people.

You can easily defend your own ethnic group without including another in your pathetic argument.

Sorry for offending you and your tribe bro. I needed to get things cleared so I had to use those facts.

Peace.
Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by handsomenairala: 7:47pm On Apr 12, 2015
musing:

What history was this? Can I take a look?

Nigeria History.

The one written by Matthew M. Heaton

Even ordinary Wikipedia has solution to this mystery.

2 Likes

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by handsomenairala: 7:53pm On Apr 12, 2015
ElekeNtioba:

Very unreaonable points u raised. Now I see why ur friend would have hard time engaging in a sensible argument. I can only do my best. Its upto you to put bigotry aside and make educated points.

Here is aIgboman addressing those points u raised.

1. By what happened b4the progrom, I assume u mean Nzeogwu's coup. Then I ask, did d Igbo nation order Nzeogwu to plot a coup and murder northern leaders. If not, why then should entire Igbo nation bear responsibility for the action of 5 igbo oficers. Why is the yoruba nation not being held accountable too for the two yoruba offiers who plotted with them.

2. Aguiyi Ironsi did what he thought best for the country. How on hell should the Igbos answer for it when he never consulted us Does it mean each time an Igbo person takes action on his own volition then the rest of us shuld ber responsibilty. What kind of reasoning is this pls??

3. Pls tell me how a coaslition was to the detriment of southrn Nigeria?? Have u forgotten Akintola dethroned Awolowo in Western region to join a coalition with the north??

Your line of thought is shocking to be honest.

Having read the first paragraph of your post, i think it won't make any sense to read through your write up cos your mind is obviously polluted

I have explained what happened btw my friend and myself without adding to it.

Peace out

2 Likes

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 12, 2015
handsomenairala:

Nigeria History.

The one written by Matthew M. Heaton

Even ordinary Wikipedia has solution to this mystery.

What part of Nigeria's history? You said you posted a part of it on FB, can you reference that part or post it here?

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 12, 2015
handsomenairala:

I ll blame this platform - Nairaland for that "word" 'wretched" and bringing someone like you to have a chat with someone you wish to become in the future.

Perhaps, just to give u a clue, I need to mention the name of d Roman catholic school i was talking about so as to show you that my school fees for 2yrs would feed your failures-accumulating family.

I can feed you and your entire poverty stricken family for as long as God ask me to.

I can assure you that if you see me one on one................. I ll stop here cos God rebukes a man with pride.

The free health care, free primary school education, the fool was born and bred in South west............. I can now see why his life turn out like that. It's a curse to abuse the land that feeds you.

If you see the speed at which I deleted and blocked the fool
A faceless forum gave you oppourtunity to rant like a dog

What are you doing outside the SW, you are a bigot who will remain wretched, you opened your account with lies and falsehood to hide your filthy bigotry which your father passed down to you.

I will blame your father for his failure as a parent and how miserable you ve turned. Up

I don't have money but I've got enough to take care of myself and my staffs and also to travel to anywhere without hassles.

You need to wake up from your illusion and exorcise that spirit of hate which is destroying every living fabric in your soul.

Enjoy your stupidity while it last

3 Likes

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 12, 2015
handsomenairala:

I ll blame this platform - Nairaland for that "word" 'wretched" and bringing someone like you to have a chat with someone you wish to become in the future.

Perhaps, just to give u a clue, I need to mention the name of d Roman catholic school i was talking about so as to show you that my school fees for 2yrs would feed your failures-accumulating family.

I can feed you and your entire poverty stricken family for as long as God ask me to.

I can assure you that if you see me one on one................. I ll stop here cos God rebukes a man with pride.

The free health care, free primary school education, the fool was born and bred in South west............. I can now see why his life turn out like that. It's a curse to abuse the land that feeds you.

If you see the speed at which I deleted and blocked the fool

What are you doing outside the SW, you are a bigot who will remain wretched, you opened your account with lies and falsehood to hide your filthy bigotry which your father passed down to you.

I will blame your father for his failure as a parent and how miserable you ve turned. Up

I don't have money but I've got enough to take care of myself and my staffs and also to travel to anywhere without hassles.

You need to wake up from your illusion and exorcise that spirit of hate which is destroying every living fabric in your soul.

Enjoy your stupidity while it last.
Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by ElekeNtioba: 7:58pm On Apr 12, 2015
handsomenairala:

It's quite sad seeing this new generation of Ibos trying so hard to rewrite the history that was known to British writers and other nations around the world.

The reason why things remained the same since 1960 is the fact that Ibos refused to see where they have gone wrong but chose to accommodate only where others had wrong them.

It won't change anything.

Please, stop reading the books writing by people like Chinua Achebe and the other lady. Read neutral books so as to see the atrocities of your progenitors.

Its very unbecomin to rush into senseless conclusions. I'm a student of history. I dont need Achebe or Adichie to tell me what I already know. By d time u were still in diapers, i havealready conducted extensive research on my own on almost evey topic abt post-independence Nigeria. I have not even read There was a country just the reviews.

If u have have no point to counter d one I raised, there is no shame in admitting.
Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 12, 2015
handsomenairala:

My brother, I have got no reason to lie against him. I can copy all the messages for you to see. I warned him to desist from writing rubbish about my people. He was pained simply cos of this but this same guy has been sharing all sorts of rubbish abt Yorubas on his Timeline for almost one week. You see how selfish and wicked people are...

I like how you pointed to unbiased history so people can see for themselves what was and is...
Don't bother trying to reason with or persuade THESE PEOPLE," NO BODY CHANGES EXCEPT THEY WANT TO"...that's the power of free will.
Have a nice evening...
Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by ElekeNtioba: 8:03pm On Apr 12, 2015
handsomenairala:

Having read the first paragraph of your post, i think it won't make any sense to read through your write up cos your mind is obviously polluted

I have explained what happened btw my friend and myself without adding to it.

Peace out

Keep ur bigotry to urself. Infact choke on it. Igbos owe u no apology. Your hate will never slow down the advancement of d Igbo nation...not even an iota.
Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by nisai: 8:05pm On Apr 12, 2015
Sall:
I just don't know why they are so self centered and so tribalistic any thing not of Igbo origin is not good at all .even here at ABA the trend is even worst getting an accommodation is like hell the moment the realise you are a Yoruba they started speaking there Igbo language then it is over they don't know I understand there languages .it is so bad that most of them the moment you start an argument with them they get aggressive. The trend is so common among them all here in ABA and it really run in there blood. All my colleagues have all gone back to the west finally because the don't feel save at all .the proportion of westerner to easterners here is like 2500 of Igbo to 1yoruba is as bored as hell am thinking of moving out of this forsaken city soon.
Please leave ooo before it's too late.
Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by handsomenairala: 8:07pm On Apr 12, 2015
I now understand why it's written in British passport that your passport could be taken away from you as british Immigrants if you.........

Having seen what that Ibo guy wrote abt Yoruba Nation where he was born and brought up today, i now understand those words in British passport. No matter how many years an immigrant or his children live in foreign land, his allegiance still goes to his origin.

Chaiii!!!! White people are smart and I won't blame them again for the woes of our people in their country. God bless the Queen.

3 Likes

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by demmie1: 8:08pm On Apr 12, 2015
ElekeNtioba:

Your twisted account of history is d reason u pple always make baseless arguments.

1. If u had any indepth knowledge abt d holocaust and anti-semitism u'll undertand wat l'm saying. I dont have the time to start teaching u abt it. Just know the holocaust had more to do with a long history of hate than world war two.

2. Igbos never taunted any anybody. Ask anyone who lived thru dat period and they will tell u dat Igbos were the only fully integrated tribe in Nigeria. That propaganda was made up by elements in the north who wanted revenge for the killing of their revered figures. They used it to whip up sentiments among northerners. This is exactly why some Igbos were bitter abt oba's threats. Such statements from pple like him can set off a conflagration nobody can douse.

3. Biafra never declared war on anybody. Rather after her declaration of independence, Nigeria attacked. The Biafran expedition to capture Lagos came at the behest of a yoruba officer, Victor Banjo. Banjo wanted to force his pple to join the secession and bring a speedy end to the war. Before then, Ojukwu never for a day considered adding yorubaland to Biafra.

Biafran was conceived to safeguard pple of the then Eastern region and not become a rabid dog of a state.

I can only u point in d right direction. Its left for you to make use of ur brain.

Whao! See line of reasoning. Biafra never declared war on anybody but carried out expeditions to capture Lagos. Who was the leader, Ojukwu or Banjo? Whose army carried out the expedition, Biafran or Nigerian.

God refresh your brain.
Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by handsomenairala: 8:11pm On Apr 12, 2015
ElekeNtioba:

Keep ur bigotry to urself. Infact choke on it. Igbos owe u no apology. Your hate will never slow down the advancement of d Igbo nation...not even an iota.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by handsomenairala: 8:18pm On Apr 12, 2015
ElekeNtioba:

Its very unbecomin to rush into senseless conclusions. I'm a student of history. I dont need Achebe or Adichie to tell me what I already know. By d time u were still in diapers, i havealready conducted extensive research on my own on almost evey topic abt post-independence Nigeria. I have not even read There was a country just the reviews.

If u have have no point to counter d one I raised, there is no shame in admitting.

This your usual chest beating feature is completely unrefined and repulsive. And it's been putting you guys in trouble from time immemorial. Do you know my age? You see...

If you have truly read neutral books as regards Nigeria history and found nothing wrong about your past as an Igbo man, then I ll never blame the North for their own reactions again.

Have a nice evening.

3 Likes

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by Nuezha(m): 8:19pm On Apr 12, 2015
handsomenairala:
We met and became friends in my first year in Secondary School but prior to this meeting, we had met at extra mural classes organised by Ghananians.

We attended one of the best Roman catholic secondary schools in Ondo state and our relationship remained the same ever since we left Secondary school to different tertiary institutions.

After so many years in different directions of life, fate led us to each other on that fateful day; we met again at Barbing Salon in London; exchanged pleasantries and phone numbers. And funny enough, we both attend the same Pentecostal Church.

However, problems started last week when the issue of Oba Akiolu was being blown out of proportion. I went on my Facebook page only to see his Timeline filled up with myopic views/biased write ups about Yorubas and distorted history. I ignored it but my conscience couldn't. I therefore decided to call his attention to what Arthur Eze said about Yorubas in the presence of Goodluck Jonathan and Obi of Onitsha and the Yoruba quiet response to the repulsive and annoying utterances. I told him that as a pastor-to-be; your Timeline has always been used for Evangelism but all of sudden, it has now been turned to a platform to bash Yorubas. I told him to desist from such habit and i moved on with my life.

Unfortunately, he chose not to address or respond to my submission/grievance. He went on his Timeline and bashed me in directly. I read his indirect message on his Timeline, I wanted to talk but I thought there was no need for it and I moved on. To my surprise today, he filled up his Timeline again about how Urhobo, Itshekiri, Ijaws etc should come together against Yorubas and I got upset.

I went on his Timeline and narrated the history of Nigeria which turned out to irritate and upset him. We exchanged words and I advised him to delete me off his friends list for life.

Sad, isn't it?

But life goes on. Thank God I m deleting bigot out of my life.

YOU SEE NOW!
SAD! IGBOs and ethnocentricism - self destruct.

1 Like

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by ElekeNtioba: 8:21pm On Apr 12, 2015
demmie1:

Whao! See line of reasoning. Biafra never declared war on anybody but carried out expeditions to capture Lagos. Who was the leader, Ojukwu or Banjo? Whose army carried out the expedition, Biafran or Nigerian.

God refresh your brain.

Nigeria declared war to reclaim Biafran territory in July,1966. Biafra responded with an offensive to capture Lagos in August 1966 with soldiers led by Victor Banjo.
Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by handsomenairala: 8:27pm On Apr 12, 2015
ECOTERRORS:

Enjoy your stupidity while it last.

Like I said earlier on fool, I deleted him cos he is a Mr nobody and Ingrates to me.

However, I won't dignify your failures-stricken ass with response anymore.

Have a good day.
Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by handsomenairala: 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2015
Nuezha:

YOU SEE NOW!
SAD! IGBOs and ethnocentricism - self destruct.

My brother, i shouldn't say this, I have tried all along not to say it but it's painful when you see an ingrate rubbing some shit on your face. This was a guy I gave my money(not much though) to when I saw him battling the mystery of life....

1 Like

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by ElekeNtioba: 8:36pm On Apr 12, 2015
handsomenairala:

This your usual chest beating feature is completely unrefined and repulsive. And it's been putting you guys in trouble from time immemorial. Do you know my age? You see...

If you have truly read neutral books as regards Nigeria history and found nothing wrong about your past as an Igbo man, then I ll never blame the North for their own reactions again.

Have a nice evening.

I don't need to know ur age, ur posts here are enough indication. Again, I have read more than enough of ur so-called "neutral books" than u can magine. Study of history and current affairs is my hobby.

There is no point engaging with u because u've made up ur mind to be biased, petty and narrow-minded. So I'll only be wasting my time here.

I'm done with the thread. Enjoy

1 Like

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by emerged01(m): 8:40pm On Apr 12, 2015
each time I try to be a bigot,I always remember that I was treated by an Igbo woman as a son. ever since I was born,I have grown up to know her. some years back, I attended 30 years wedding anniversary, her husband saw me from afar,and called his wife with joy and said "look at your son". She hugged me and remembered her husband,how I used to wet their bed with urine when they got married 30 years ago. i really love her because she shows motherly love. it is a very rare motherly love from an Igbo and likewise her children,they are used to calling me their brother. now she is granny to my son.

1 Like

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by Nuezha(m): 8:49pm On Apr 12, 2015
handsomenairala:

My brother, i shouldn't say this, I have tried all along not to say it but it's painful when you see an ingrate rubbing some shit on your face. This was a guy I gave my money(not much though) to when I saw him battling the mystery of life....

Hear this: The Hausa's had been very very peaceful Nigerian Moslems prior to Igbo conspiracy of 1966. Vengeance made them (Hausas) violent and they did not recover 49yrs after.

I just hope they (the Igbos) don't mean to start it with us again.

1 Like

Re: (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
handsomenairala:

Have a nice evening.

@ the bolded why would you blame your god for anything

When Abiola was killed did you blame him after all he was ibo, when Kudirat was killed did you blame them afterall she was Eket, Dele Giwa too yet you won't blame them.

This was how you guys were celebrating during NYSC 2011 that Igbos were killed, but when the name started coming out your people donated more victims than Igbos yet you won't blame them.

Muslims in your lands are running away from their mosques because they are considered inferior yet you blame Igbos, last week 7 were killed in Kwara yet only Ibos are being killed by Northerners, yoloba pastors in North are being suyarize but you won't blame North, Winners chapel was set ablaze in North yet don't blame the north because they kill only igbos.

Let me ask you, since 2006 Northerners in East saw the worst form of killing and lynching are they still attacking Igbos again, if the East don't reply them with violence don't you think that the recent Charlie Hebdo will trigger another attack of southerners in North.
Now your beloved Northerners are beaming their searchlight at Oshogbo, they attacked last two week there, they are busy stabbing you in Mile 2 and Ore yet you keep laughing that Igbos are killed.

Keep playing your Ostrich but Igbos in East are equal to every task, attack to any igbo anywhere in North always result in any for Northerners in East. We know our people are being in North aswell we don't deny it but we try as much as we can to show nobody has the monopoly for violence.

Keep praising them brother

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What if the civil war in Nigeria was a success? / Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff / Saraki: No Right-thinking Apolitical Yoruba Should Jubilate!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.