Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,841 members, 7,831,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

The Gordon Ramsey Recipe For Time Management: Survival In Hell Kitchen! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Gordon Ramsey Recipe For Time Management: Survival In Hell Kitchen! (631 Views)

Survival Strategy For Abuja Civil Servants / These Time Management Tips Will Help Increase Your Work Productivity By 40%++ / Are You Prepared To Become Very Serious? (time Management) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Gordon Ramsey Recipe For Time Management: Survival In Hell Kitchen! by VoiceofanInk(m): 2:25pm On Apr 12, 2015
Living in a fast-moving-busy-world, we all have the tendency to work so hard that we hardly get enough rest.

Our life is messed up like a kitchen in hell hole.

We are always eager to equate busyness with progress.We forget so soon that it is not the quantity but the quality of our work that counts.

Having more than one can chew is not a sign of efficiency but the reverse. It means you are so overwhelmed that you are become more concerned with getting the job done that getting it well done.

[quote][/quote]The ability to focus on your most important task and to do it very well is evidently the key to success. -Phillips Olayanju

But, how can you focus on the right ingredients without a recipe?

It’s really not about how much you get done but how well you get it done[/b].

[b]Gordon’s Recipe for Time Management

It takes a determined person to wake up and exclaim “the bulk stops here!”, but a productive person will not just exclaim but get to work and reclaim.

You have to understand that your time is a precious stone. It is the language of business. Whatever you invest in it is what it will return unto you.

The hand of the clock is a proud chap. It ticks every second and not even Jezebel, if she were to rise from the grave, can stop it.

You can’t stop time but you CAN manage it with the right tools.

You the Chef! Take the lead

You’ve got to know that you are in charge. Adamantly refuse to be a slave to time! Step up to the challenge.

Time is not there to control you. You are there to control time and fill it as you wish.

Dice the Onion First

Experts have agreed that one of the best methods to manage time is to get your most important task done.

Always ask yourself

“What should I be doing now that I am not doing?”

What is that one thing which when it’s done will yield the greatest satisfaction to you?

Sharpen Your Knives

I’m sure that Gordon Ramsey does not prepare those awesome rasberries by laying out all the ingredients and going to sleep neither does Bill Gates make money by keeping a tooth under his pillow.

It is not enough to identify your most important task. You have to execute it.

You don’t have to wait for divine motivation to fall from on high! Be your own cheerleader. Encourage yourself and stop giving excuses.

[b]Employ a chef

If you can’t handle all the work yourself, then you need an assistant.

Concentrate on your area of strength and delegate the rest to people who are better at it that you are.
Serve Dinner at 8

Dinner time is 7 but I’m sure they can wait for an hour. You don’t have to enslave yourself to others’ expectations.

Don’t be shy to say NO when necessary. If it’s going to affect your plans and wouldn’t impact you in any way, you can politely turn it down.

Prepare a Recipe For the Next Meal

Productive people have made it a point of duty to plan their day the night before. It infuses you with a great amount of enthusiasm and confidence when you wake up knowing exactly what to do.

You no longer have to become a slave. No one has to tell you what to do with your time. Remember, you the chef with the world-class recipe.

Make a decision to manage your time more efficiently, discipline yourself to execute your most important task – even when your favorite programme is running on the T.V- and determine to be a become a better person.

It’s in you. I know you can do it.

Get up and get to work.

Do not let life happen to you. Go out there and happen to life.

Read more at http://thestraighttalk.com/the-gordon-ramsey-recipe-for-time-management/

Source: http://thestraighttalk.com

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Industrial Training Attachment / Start Ur Career With Just 1200 And Earn Upto 100kand Above Every Month / Nigerian Policeman I Just Met Paid My Transport Fare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.