Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

PDP Wins 19 Seats Out Of 26 In Ondo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Wins 19 Seats Out Of 26 In Ondo State (890 Views)

APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others / PDP Wins Enugu By Landslide / PDP Wins Enugu LG By Landslide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Wins 19 Seats Out Of 26 In Ondo State by Jackie555: 7:44pm On Apr 12, 2015
The Peoples Democratic Party rallied from a dampening defeat at the Presidential election to a dramatic victory on Saturday, winning 19 out of the 26 seats in the Ondo State House of Assembly.

The election, which was marked by pockets of violence and ballot box snatching in different parts of the state, saw the return of the House Speaker, Jumoke Akindele(Okitipupa II) and the Majority Leader, Ifedayo Akinsoyinu(Ondo West II) to their seats in the house.

The All Progressives Congress managed to secure five seats of Akoko North West I, Akoko South West I and II, Akure South II and Owo II.

The other constituencies won by the PDP include Akoko North East, Akoko North West II, Akoko South East, Akure North, Akure South I, Ese-Odo, Idanre, Ile-Oluji/Okeigbo, Irele, Odigbo I and II; Okitipupa I, Ondo East, Ondo West I, Ose and Owo I.

The results of the two constituencies in Ilaje Local Government were not announced following the alleged manipulation of the results after armed youths seized electoral materials and returned them later with figures.

Resident Electoral Commissioner in the state, Olusegun Agbaje, while addressing newsmen in Akure on Sunday, said, “The Returning Officers for Ilaje Constituency I and Ilaje Constituency II were forced to declare the results under duress by armed thugs , even though the cancelled polling units could affect the final results.”

He noted that the returning officers, in separate reports to him, declared the results of the two constituencies inconclusive because the outcome of the cancelled polling units could change the final results.

According to him, the results in the two constituencies should not have been declared given that there were no election in 26 polling units in Ilaje II with a total voting capacity of  20,879 and the cancelled 47 units in Ilaje I, with a total voting capacity of 25,302.

“The results had to be declared by the Returning Officer because of the tense situation and the threat to his life, that of the electoral officers and the Ad hoc staff,” he said.

He said the Chairman of the commission, Attahiru Jega, would need to look into the matter because of the legal implications in relation to the provisions of the Electoral Act and make a formal pronouncement on the matter.

Agbaje noted that the election witnessed low turn out of voters across the state, adding that there were pockets of  violence in ten local government areas.

http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-rules-ondo-assembly-clinches-19-seats/
Re: PDP Wins 19 Seats Out Of 26 In Ondo State by Acekidc4(m): 7:45pm On Apr 12, 2015
Good for them!!
Na Leftover food we dey give dem PDPISS!!
Re: PDP Wins 19 Seats Out Of 26 In Ondo State by michoade(m): 7:48pm On Apr 12, 2015
k
Re: PDP Wins 19 Seats Out Of 26 In Ondo State by DahtzFestjayz: 7:51pm On Apr 12, 2015
PDP Why?
Re: PDP Wins 19 Seats Out Of 26 In Ondo State by swtdrms(m): 7:53pm On Apr 12, 2015
I congratulate Gov. Mimiko for this narrow escape. With this feat its an assurance that you'l not be embarrased out of office. So kulle till 2016 b4 APC gov will take over from you
Re: PDP Wins 19 Seats Out Of 26 In Ondo State by Ymodulus: 7:55pm On Apr 12, 2015
Mimiko massively rigged the election with the money he got from JONATHAN. The left over from the one allocated for him to propagate the demend for the implementation of the Confab report with his fellow Afenifere Thieves.... Mimiko unleashed thugs and terror on Ondo people to scared them from voting. The election In Ondo was never free and fair and must be thoroughly investigated.
Re: PDP Wins 19 Seats Out Of 26 In Ondo State by ademega(m): 8:01pm On Apr 12, 2015
Rigging mimiko
Re: PDP Wins 19 Seats Out Of 26 In Ondo State by richidinho(m): 2:39pm On Apr 13, 2015
Ymodulus:
Mimiko massively rigged the election with the money he got from JONATHAN. The left over from the one allocated for him to propagate the demend for the implementation of the Confab report with his fellow Afenifere Thieves.... Mimiko unleashed thugs and terror on Ondo people to scared them from voting. The election In Ondo was never free and fair and must be thoroughly investigated.

Ok bro
But wen are u going to thoroughly investigate the 1.9m hurricane from Kano?

(1) (Reply)

Supreme Court Rules Against Fayose Impeachment,not Cleared Of Criminal / Soyinka Says Buhari Cannot Be Worse Than Past Presidents Because…. / INEC Has Released All Allowances For NYSC, Ad-hoc Workers – Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.