Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,587 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Step Mothers In Nigeria - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Step Mothers In Nigeria (456 Views)

Happy Mothers Day To All The Good Mothers In The World / Why Do Step-mothers Hate Their Steps Son? / Step Mothers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Step Mothers In Nigeria by uncjay(m): 8:30pm On Apr 12, 2015
I decide to limit myself to the confinement of the Nigeria society, as I have never been outside the four walls of this country. Though there might be similar occurrence outside as regard the issues of step mothers but let's limit our discussion to the ones here in Nigeria.

There are so many question as to why the role of step mothers an issue in various societies of this country, some step mom are naturally evil and desperately wicked and they don't hide it at all, some are also wicked but they heed theirs, and some are naturally very good that one will wish she was his/her biological mother.

My case was no difference; I have this very cunning and manipulative step mother, she is a kind of person that will always appear with this pure heart and gentle character but the soul is a mixture of total wickedness and fragment of kindness, which leaves me at times very difficult to critically define her true nature. She will tend to love you in the presence of people but in the inside is hostility. considering her did toward you is nothing but wickedness.

To make matters worst I approach my father with the issue, he just disregard it that I'm been delusional and should stop thinking in a negative way, this is not about thinking the wrong way, but about how she treats me badly and yet behave as though all she's doing is fair and my dad usually believes her. Ranging from food in the house to other activities, she just take pleasure in punishing me and I ask myself what is my offence, she give me every burnt part of the cooked meals and I have no say whatsoever. Yet she make me work as if I were some kind of slave. I don't have time to read at all. Anytime I pick up my book to read that is the very time I need to do something for her. She can call you hundred times a day leaving you with no time for yourself.

Can you imaging there was a day she compelled me to work tirelessly throughout and the next day I felt very sick, that I couldn't move myself and all she could say was that, who do you thing you are cajoling, just because of the little sweeping you did yesterday, you are now pretending today? That statement pained me a lot. I spend roughly a week broke down with the illness.

One day I met my dad at his small garden and I try explaining issues to him, to my surprise he did not disregard me which I was expecting him to do as usual, instead he told me to endure it that he knows what he was doing. I was like so you've always noticed it and yet you do nothing but he told me not to worry about it, instead I should endure and focus on my education and future, because according to him, she can do anything to harm me in the future which could be even worst than what I'm facing now, so rather than fighting it I should pretend I'm okay with everything till I leave them.

I wish to leave that house for the campus but they won't let me, maybe because I have this special attachment with my dad, anywhere he goes I'm always the first person he takes along. To be sincere, I do not have the best of step mother and I have witness other people with different stories and versions of step mothers.

Women I think are supposed to be loving, tender hearted and caring but why is it that some especially step moms (though not all) have dreadful and wicked heart towards another woman's children.

Kindly share your own experience and probably profer some possible solutions on how issues like this can be tackled.

(1) (Reply)

Not So Many "Marry Every Week" Threads Anymore, What Happened? / Get A Bag Of Dangote Cement At The Factory Price Of #1000 / Smashing Things Out Of Frustration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.