Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results (21877 Views)

INEC Announces Results Of Edo Governorship Election: Live Updates / INEC Releases Kogi Assembly Results, APC Kicks / INEC Releases Niger State Assembly Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by falconey(m): 11:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) secured a decisive advantage in seats in the state legislature, grabbing 19 seats to the five won by the All Progressives Congress (APC), according to astonishing results announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). However, the commission declared the results of the state assembly election in Ilaje local government as “inconclusive.”

INEC’s Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) in Ondo State, Olusegun Agbaje, disclosed the outcome of the polls to reporters at the commission’s headquarters in Akure the state capital.

Mr. Agbaje said that INEC chairman, Attahiru Jega, would finally declare the outcome of the Ilaje local government election at the commission’s headquarters in Abuja. He disclosed that the returning officer in Ilaje constituency 1 and 11 were forced by armed thugs to declare certain results under duress.

“The returning officers for Ilaje Constituency I and Ilaje II were forced to declare the results under duress by armed thugs, even though the cancelled polling units could affect the final results,” said the Ondo State REC.

According to him, the returning officer had in separate reports to him declared the results of Ilaje Constituency I and Ilaje Constituency II inconclusive because the outcome of the cancelled polling units could change the final results accordingly.”

Mr. Agbaje stated that the violence in Ilaje local government areas of the state led to cancellation of results from several polling units in the area.

He added that the Saturday election into the state legislature was characterized by low turnout of voters across the state and pockets of security breaches in some local government areas of the state.

He said the areas where security breaches occurred included Akoko North West, Akoko South West, Ese Odo, Idanre, Ilaje, Irele, Okitipupa, Ondo East, Owo, and Ose local government areas of the state.

The results announced by Mr. Agbaje showed that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) won 19 seats while the All Progressives Congress (APC) won five seats of the State House of Assembly.

The results below were exclusively obtained by SaharaReporters and officially released by INEC:

1.Akoko North East (PDP),
2. Akoko North West I (APC),
3. Akoko North West II (PDP),
4. Akoko South East (PDP),
5. Akoko South West I (APC),
6. Akoko South West II (APC),
7. Akure North (PDP),
8. Akure South I (PDP),
9. Akure South II (APC),
10. Ese Odo (PDP),
11. Idanre (PDP),
12. Ifedore (PDP),
13. Ile Oluji/Okeigbo (PDP),
14. Irele (PDP),
15. Odigbo I (PDP),
16. Odigbo II (PDP),
17. Okitipupa I (PDP),
18. Okitipupa II (PDP),
19. Ondo East I (PDP),
20. Ondo West I (PDP),
21. Ondo West II (PDP),
22 Ose (PDP),
23. Owo I (PDP),
24 Owo II (APC).
http://saharareporters.com/2015/04/12/pdp-wins-big-inec-announces-ondo-house-results-declares-ilaje-lga-results-“inconclusive”

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by Slimzjoe(m): 11:24pm On Apr 12, 2015
shocked
Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by falconey(m): 11:27pm On Apr 12, 2015
Cc:

Lalasticlala

*Modified
Don't count PDP out yet.

6 Likes

Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by dan55: 11:30pm On Apr 12, 2015
Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by falconey(m): 11:47pm On Apr 12, 2015
dan55:

hey don't do that.

1 Like

Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by Burger01(m): 8:29am On Apr 13, 2015
What's 'big' about the win? angry

1 Like

Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by ayusco85(m): 8:29am On Apr 13, 2015
Let the PDP have it. Afterall what are friends for.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by gen2briz(m): 8:31am On Apr 13, 2015
Results of last minute #2000
Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by emmybliz(m): 8:32am On Apr 13, 2015

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by janeteubena: 8:32am On Apr 13, 2015
inconsequential ! Mimiko the big betrayal. in another news, GEJ snubbed Fayose for calling Mr President a stupid president , that refused to use military to rigged the elections.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by paulolee(m): 8:34am On Apr 13, 2015
kk
wat a good way to start my day
hope d apc members wunt say it was rigged coz deY dnT kno how to concede defeat ...

2 Likes

Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by sammieguze(m): 8:35am On Apr 13, 2015
Good for them.

It is not nice seeing apc sweep the polls at the state levels.

We really need a strong and credible opposition

3 Likes

Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by Tenim47(m): 8:35am On Apr 13, 2015
We go suffer wel 4 ondo state o

4 Likes

Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by adexeli(m): 8:35am On Apr 13, 2015
They deserve it.. APC aint so wicked.. We don't want them to go extinct cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 13, 2015
Massive rigging is their hobby. They want to hold oil producing States at all costs.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by phemmie06(m): 8:38am On Apr 13, 2015
At the federal level APC and state level PDP. Who de do ojoro, when the federal constituency election were cast, APC won with no violence, when PDP won a lot of violence were recorded. Why is this happening.
PDP..... VIOLENCE

5 Likes

Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:38am On Apr 13, 2015
Click like for a better NIGERIA.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by 1stola: 8:40am On Apr 13, 2015
Ekiti and Ondo are in for it.
Awon omo ale jatijati sad

4 Likes

Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by blank(f): 8:43am On Apr 13, 2015
Meaning Mimiko is probably returning as governor.

All those Apostle Suleiman fans should not come here with their prediction fulfillment stories.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by LordCenturion(m): 8:44am On Apr 13, 2015
Yes, let them dominate ondo, at least, we've got the change we want at the top

3 Likes

Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by donklint86: 8:45am On Apr 13, 2015
Ok
Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by cole265(m): 8:48am On Apr 13, 2015
There are some people that should never be accepted to decamp to APC. If they do, I will decamp to KOWA.

Mimiko
Koro
Ffk
Bode George
Okuigbe...okupe
Fayose
Madam Peace

We may manage...
GEJ
JK
Obi
...that's all!

1 Like

Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by joek(m): 8:51am On Apr 13, 2015
I was told by my sister last night that Mimiko spent huge money on voters to swing their votes. He literally bought the voters over. Come to think of it, PDP lost the Presidential n House of Nass election to APC. Can't wait for Mimiko's era as Governor to elapse in Ondo State.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by ajoskele(m): 8:55am On Apr 13, 2015
Please, if you are not resident in Ondo state and only read what people write online, I implore you not to post anything about my state. Though less violence was recorded, monetary inducements were done openly without hinderance.
#2,000/pdpvote in and around Akure. #4,000/pdp vote in Akoko and its environs(the stronghold of APC senator Prof. Robert Ajayi Boroffice, our next governor come 2017).
My friend, a staunch APC supporter in Ilaje, was nearly lynched by armed thugs.
We SHALL endure this impunity for the next two years.
We WILL never do the mistake of voting a tyrant again!!

6 Likes

Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by lilprinze: 8:55am On Apr 13, 2015
yet GEJ could not even win in ondo state

2 Likes

Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by XBLadez: 8:55am On Apr 13, 2015
phemmie06:
At the federal level APC and state level PDP. Who de do ojoro, when the federal constituency election were cast, APC won with no violence, when PDP won a lot of violence were recorded. Why is this happening.
PDP..... VIOLENCE
Only if u have sense u would know that the cause of violence after election is the inability to accept defeat, a common trait of the APC. When PDP won the last presidential election there was violence in the north but now that PDP lost there's none

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by Dotmanroy(m): 8:56am On Apr 13, 2015
ondo people no want change abi...u go hear am....Sai APC!....Sai Change!!!

1 Like

Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by XBLadez: 8:56am On Apr 13, 2015
lilprinze:
yet GEJ could not even win in ondo state
Because APC rigged it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by loloabbey: 8:57am On Apr 13, 2015
It's bad no labour party at all mimiko it's not good OOO chai chai there is God oooooo
Re: PDP Wins Big As INEC Announces Ondo House Of Assembly Results by phemocheee(m): 9:00am On Apr 13, 2015
I'm happy for PDP but they actually won by spending a lot of cash.... In ondo town itself, I saw people voting for PDP in exchange for N500. It was so embarrassing because this happened in the presence of security officers. I know this country will get to d promise land someday.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ben Bruce And Obasanjo Pictured Together / Nnamdi Kanu Steps Out, Flanked By Hundreds Of IPOB Supporters / List Of Past And Present Managing Directors Of NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.