Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

How To Become A Lecturer In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Become A Lecturer In Nigeria (6864 Views)

I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me / Osun Lecturer Faints In Bank After Finding N150 As February Salary In Account / How Much Does A Master's Degree Holder Earn In A Polytechnic As A Lecturer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Become A Lecturer In Nigeria by walexysos: 11:24pm On Apr 12, 2015
pls house how can i build my career in becoming a lecturer
Re: How To Become A Lecturer In Nigeria by MrHighSea: 6:42am On Apr 13, 2015
walexysos:
What course, level of education r u nw n publications etc
Re: How To Become A Lecturer In Nigeria by walexysos: 11:25am On Apr 13, 2015
MrHighSea:
What course, level of education r u nw n publications etc

am currently doing my first degree in social studies education
Re: How To Become A Lecturer In Nigeria by MrHighSea: 11:34am On Apr 13, 2015
U cn start With a 1st class degree or M.Sc for assisting d big shots. U go study.o. i dnt say read, study.

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Lecturer In Nigeria by snowserve(m): 5:21pm On Apr 13, 2015
walexysos:
Firstly, have the determination to always standout in whatever you do and have good relationship with your lecturers especially your project supervisor because he/she might be in the position to recommend you for greater things in future.

Secondly, plan starting your masters as soon as possible after your first degree and follow up with a PhD. But while planning for all this, you might also identify the institution where you want to begin your career and possibly apply for your Masters there, if you are lucky enough, you might get a graduate assistant role even while studying and move up from there.

Sorry i don't know much about careers in academics, but i hope this helps. CHEERS.

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Lecturer In Nigeria by jafardambatta: 6:36pm On Apr 13, 2015
You need to graduate with either first class or 2:1, with that you can apply for graduate assistant or you wait till you finish your masters then you can apply for assistant lecturer position. Any other position above assistant lecturer required certain number of publications and seminar/conference attendance.

Best of luck.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Do Investigative Journalism Still Existing In Nigeria? / How Healthy Is Office Romance? / I Want To Become A Clearing Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.