Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,220 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? (3565 Views)

Ile Ife Crisis: Security Operatives Commence Evacuation Of Hausas -channelsTv / Chibok Girls Alive And Kicking, Says Boko Haram’s Contact - TVC NEWS [ABUJA] / Diezani Alison-Madueke Released On Bail - TVC News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by rebranded(m): 12:03am On Apr 13, 2015
Which Nigerian News Channel did you follow for up to date information during the just concluded elections?

For me TVC news anytime, they constantly show whats happening on the field, but channels also tried with constant discussion on elections from professionals.

1 Like

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by ALAYORMII: 12:19am On Apr 13, 2015
Both did exceptionally well

1 Like

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by htconeline: 12:20am On Apr 13, 2015
TVC news is the best in west africa.

8 Likes

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by maestroferddi: 12:23am On Apr 13, 2015
TVC is a joke.

The journalists have been brainwashed by Tinubu to always report negative news about PDP.

The only analyst I rate there is Jide Otitoju. Others are pathetic...

The worst has to be Yori Folarin, one of the best presenters/anchors in Nigeria when he was with Channels.

He has sold his objectivity to Tinubu manipulative streak...

1 Like

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by fflamingo(m): 12:28am On Apr 13, 2015
Channels any time any date

Simple said they are the leading frontiers in terms of politic journalism

3 Likes

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by sholay2011(m): 12:33am On Apr 13, 2015
Channels TV.
Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by Actor123: 12:35am On Apr 13, 2015
TVC news

5 Likes

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by praxisnetworks: 12:37am On Apr 13, 2015
TVC News gave a sterling performance....

Seun Okinbaloye needs to be laid off from politics today...he is simply tactless
The whole Channelstv crew tend to talk too much about nothing!

TVC News was always sharp and concise no beating about...no loong stories like Channelstv....In fact it seemed that the station had no affiliation with any political gladiator... an epitome of balanced reporting!....

Channelstv needs to grow up from showing viewers in Pakistan, Yemen and Afghanistan any nitwit can stream the station online...its not an achievement!

7 Likes

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by Mcowubaba: 12:49am On Apr 13, 2015
praxisnetworks:

Seun Okinbaloye needs to be laid off from politics today...he is simply tactless

TVC News was always sharp and concise no beating about...no loong stories like Channelstv....In fact it seemed that the station had no affiliation with any political gladiator... an epitome of balanced reporting!....

Channelstv needs to grow up from showing viewers in Pakistan, Yemen and Afghanistan any nitwit can stream the station online...its not an achievement!
oga do u work @ TVC
Sincerly CHANNELS TV is simply the Best in NIGERIA........

1 Like

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by Rawani: 12:53am On Apr 13, 2015
Channels, especially for those in the diaspora. Their broadcast quality is unmatched, and the multiplicity of ways to stream (their website, YouTube, app) is quite convenient, especially on the move. Not to mention the quality of their analysis and VIP call in's.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by opeyemmmy(m): 12:55am On Apr 13, 2015
None. B.C.O.S and OGTV for me. tongue

1 Like

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by Babosa: 1:01am On Apr 13, 2015
TVC did a much better job by far. Give it to TVC

6 Likes

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by vanilson(m): 2:27am On Apr 13, 2015
TVC is the best,they captured the fields where action was really taking place.

5 Likes

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by MEILYN(m): 2:42am On Apr 13, 2015
maestroferddi:
TVC is a joke.

The journalists have been brainwashed by Tinubu to always report negative news about PDP.

The only analyst I rate there is Jide Otitoju. Others are pathetic...

The worst has to be Yori Folarin, one of the best presenters/anchors in Nigeria when he was with Channels.

He has sold his objectivity to Tinubu manipulative streak...
This is a blatant lie. Whether you like it or not, TVC has been professional thus far and I think they have been the best as far as this election is concerned.

I like channels but forget it, TVC has been the number one. I watch both stations and I know what I am saying. TVC gives you up to date info while Channels talk from morning till night without showing any reasonable video. Give it to TVC abeg...

5 Likes

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by cy4cent(f): 2:46am On Apr 13, 2015
for live streaming outside Nigeria channels did a wonderful job, even since the presidential election it was like I was live in Nigeria, I tried TVC it was misbehaving,silver bird was a little good, but NTA has to work on their app, no live streaming, too bad for a national station.
Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by kokoA(m): 2:50am On Apr 13, 2015
We don't know TVC around here and it's not on DSTV.. I had no choice but to stick to Channels, although their studio was really poor. Apart from the sharp picture and sound quality, everything about the studio reminded me of NTA.. They really tried though.. Kudos to them!
Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by tessylove2(f): 3:05am On Apr 13, 2015
TVC

5 Likes

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by hassan85(m): 6:55am On Apr 13, 2015
I think TVC. Channels s good too. De bring d highest profil ppl to d studio and on phone too. But TVC does clinical field and crystal studio analysis. Those shotin channels onlys watch dstv dts y.

1 Like

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 13, 2015
Tvc news was fantastic, watch them grow massively in the next few years expecially now that apc is at the center, the FG through the NBC has been frustrating them and refusing terrestrial license to other states

1 Like

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 13, 2015
I think Channels did a very good job. I especially liked their statistician's analysis. That guy has become a legend grin
I also liked Kadaria, Ogunwe, Maupe Ogun and Adesewa Josh's analysis the other day.

1 Like

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 13, 2015
AIT is the worstest TV station ever liveth.......they are in the league of galaxy,mbi and co

Channels was good but tvc was better...I see them at the topmost top of broadcasting service in the next few years....

3 Likes

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by gabe15(m): 7:23am On Apr 13, 2015
tvc

1 Like

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by henchamb(m): 7:26am On Apr 13, 2015
My own is that Buhari or the new info minister Abike dabiri should sack all nta heads.
Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by Nobody: 7:26am On Apr 13, 2015
htconeline:
TVC news is the best in west africa.
you are right bro....

Consat will conveniently beat dstv if given chance to widely operate....

Picture quality at tvc is about the best right now in nigeria

1 Like

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by OKEDI2012(m): 7:27am On Apr 13, 2015
NTA!!!!!
patriotic Nigerian.
lol
Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by Pataki: 7:30am On Apr 13, 2015
I was streaming both TVC and ChannelsTV online at the same time for the elections.

I do have to say though, I sincerely preferred TVC's election coverage than that of Channels. ChannelsTV presenters were always trying to speak with this accent which I repeatedly found annoying.

2 Likes

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by ijebubabe(f): 7:35am On Apr 13, 2015
praxisnetworks:

You've raised my exact sentiments about channels TV.

They talk way too much.

Asking vieweres to send pictures of their flat TVs is also very tacky, silly and childish as you will see all sorts including children and babies posing infront of their TV.

I also find the presenters at Channels TV rather rude. If they had their way, they won't address an Emir by "your royal highness" or a governor by "your excellency". Even their tone sometimes will speaking to guests that have phoned in is rather harsh and rude

2 Likes

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by danot1030: 7:42am On Apr 13, 2015
Just see how AIT has gone into oblivion in nigeria telecast that their station is not mention here for excellent recognition for the election coverage, just because Dopkpesi put personal interest above professionalism
Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by Nobody: 7:47am On Apr 13, 2015
@ijebubabe: Addressing an elected official as "your excellency" is a medieval practice that needs to end in Nigeria. For goodness sake, a governor is not a King or queen.
"Mr. President" or "Mr governor" should suffice.
Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:48am On Apr 13, 2015
I give it to TVC. Channels did well, but I feel Chamberlain Usoh should stop using Oyibo accent. He is not good at it.

1 Like

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 13, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
I give it to TVC. Channels did well, but I feel Chamberlain Usoh should stop using Oyibo accent. He is not good at it.
Lol. They guy is only pronouncing English words in the proper way
Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by Rilikoko(m): 7:54am On Apr 13, 2015
I think TVC did the job for dis election...clear pictures,live coverage,on d spot reporting and so on
Channels should just watch their back,my advise

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: Copy Of The Petition Written By The British Mp, Harriet Harman / UK Parliament Call For Creation Of Biafra. / THE YOUTHS OF THIS COUNTRY ARE BEGGING FOR ATIKU TO LEAD THEM(2019)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.