Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,380 members, 7,861,047 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:06 PM

The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria (13378 Views)

Three House Helps Burnt A Little Girl (photo) / / Heartless! House Helps Assaulted With Hot Iron For Stealing N100 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by Aitee1: 10:07pm On May 09, 2015
good!!!
Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by HBB1(m): 10:08pm On May 09, 2015
18 years or nothing! Or at least 16 yrs, 12 is still too young. Enough of this horrible practice

4 Likes

Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by M4gunners: 10:08pm On May 09, 2015
Good move my president. It would have been better if it were from 18 or at least 16 years of age. All the same good move.

2 Likes

Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by ednut1(m): 10:21pm On May 09, 2015
qbd2:
I rarely ever do this but lalasticlala, can u help move this to fp?
I believe it can save some children.
save wat children. are u gonna enforce it ? how do u determine d age of a maid from a village whose parents hv nt collected der birth cert . but pple who maltreat maids ( mostly d madam of d house) nd those who gv out dr kids as maids are stupid
Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by mmsen: 10:24pm On May 09, 2015
So they can ban the use of under 12 housegirls nationally? When are they going to ban child brides in the north?

1 Like

Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by beyoncausme: 10:26pm On May 09, 2015
good one..

Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 09, 2015
ednut1:
save wat children. are u gonna enforce it ? how do u determine d age of a maid from a village whose parents hv nt collected der birth cert . but pple who maltreat maids ( mostly d madam of d house) nd those who gv out dr kids as maids are stupid
I nbeleive its d jobv of d executive powers to enforce d law. But still fellow citizens indulging in such acts may be enligtened and take heed. Do refer the post wher aalander made up his miond to call his granny cos she had a maoid of dat sort
Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 09, 2015
propzncribz:
Ok so does that mean its legal to employ a 13 yr old which is still just as bad. The age limit should be 18 not 12.
I think the minimum age should be 16. Sixteen-year olds in Western countries can legally babysit for couples, and some other category of jobs.
Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by 3kay945(m): 10:52pm On May 09, 2015
Just have to smile at some comments here it shows how people still remained naive smiley
Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by shammah1(m): 10:55pm On May 09, 2015
That's not still enough. They need to ban under 16. I've seen how wicked women maltreat young (girl) house helps. It's a shame because those girls came from a very poor background

1 Like

Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by 24November(m): 11:07pm On May 09, 2015
ITbomb:
Thank you, President Jonathan for making life secure for our young ones who are supposed to be in school.

The problem is implementation of the law not making laws that have no effect for we already have many of such that need to be implement.
Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by Justicealh3(m): 11:11pm On May 09, 2015
0ne der my aunty's house, washing, sweeping,cleaning, even cooking while her daughter watching her do all this.
Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by martineverest(m): 11:13pm On May 09, 2015
House-help is equivalent to 'modern slavery'....the kind of reward dey get doesnt justify the service dey render.......if ur children re in high class schools and ur househelp goes to a govt school(dats almost free) with rags as uniform,u must be very wicked

1 Like

Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:54pm On May 09, 2015
Good step.
Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by horlar332(m): 12:50am On May 10, 2015
Nigeria will be better insha Allah
Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by Honour91(m): 1:19am On May 10, 2015
Nice one,some madam and oga can be wicked
Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by edopikin: 1:43am On May 10, 2015
My grandma brought her niece from the village to help her around the house. It's not that bad to be honest, as long as the children are allowed to be children, not being mistreated and are enrolled in school, fed, sheltered, and get time to play and also do their school work. After all that's what most parents hope for when they send their children to live with relatives in the city. It's just these wicked aunties, uncles and the likes that will now start treating the child like one kind slave.

qbd2:

shocked

1 Like

Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by ohenhen1: 2:32am On May 10, 2015
We need start fining parents that don't send their children to school.
Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by chineloSA(f): 3:28am On May 10, 2015
undecidedIt should be 18yrs

1 Like

Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by calcal: 4:46am On May 10, 2015
Trash, when you ban we want to see positive adjustments which the mugun GEJ never provide anyone.
Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by showafrica(m): 6:53am On May 10, 2015
This would be an opportunity for some randy men, they will now insist that their wives bring a a girl will full big bobby, then when wife commot, the maid will take over the oga
Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by soopamom: 7:31am On May 10, 2015
Under 12 is still too young. Under 18 biiko

1 Like

Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by GodwinTobi(m): 7:32am On May 10, 2015
Ekaette and Akpan take note..... hapi sunday pals
Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by papaejima1: 8:05am On May 10, 2015
Finally less children will be burnt or killed as witches in Akwa Ibom, less run through traffic hawking pure water in lagos and those fish and akara sellers will quit knocking at my gate every morning.
But, I doubt if the little northern beggars that latch onto ones trousers at Garrison and waterlines in PH will b e affected undecided undecided

Will the law apply to the almajiris too?
They are used to beg by malams so they are domestic helps too and under 12!

1 Like

Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by chachanga: 8:33am On May 10, 2015
great development...at least, it would save a lot of young kids from pedo's and crazy couples

Although, in retrospect, i feel anoda reason why most ladies would really have opted for under-aged girls was because of randy-prik'd oga's. (guys would crucify me now).

But honestly, so many wierd men out there whose prik's lack NAFDAC number and can shhuuk anything including unwilling nubile housemaids. No woman would want would want fully formed, well-endowed girls around such men once they know he's such type. That informs the decision to go seeking smaller girls.
A lady friend once confessed to me that she had an aunt whose hubby had sliced through every single housemaid she's ever had shocked. unfortunately for the madam, she was the travelling type. So, you see gbege now!

We've also had the African Extended Family thing where people raise junior bros, sis, cousins etc and some of them functioned and made themself useful around the house. And then, it was for progress sake...schooling them, raising them, teaching them trades etc. Not the commercial crap you see nowadays, people burning designs into housegirl's buttocks with Pressing Irons shocked, na wa o!

So, I wouldn't wanna be too hard on the ladies but the whole infrastructure needs over-hauling...social services etc
Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by slimyem: 8:48am On May 10, 2015
It's easy to pass laws like this but enforcing it is another ball game.

Without an effective child service system in place,this law is dead on arrival.
Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by Cityguy: 2:03pm On May 10, 2015
Nonsense. As usual, they have made law for southern part of this enclave and rather than call it what it truly is, they've veiled it as 'Nigerian'. It stands to be seen how they will effect this in the northern part where marrying them off earlier is cultural. Take it or leave it, we operate different laws and it should so be reflected.
Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by olasheed(m): 3:03pm On May 10, 2015
NAPTIP is watching you.
Re: The Ban On Employment Of Under-12 House-Helps In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 11, 2015
is not good na, how does this help govt efforts on providing 1 million jobs this yr. cheesy shocked cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Arrests Two Men In Kiboga For Cannibalism ( Shocking Graphic Photos ) / Three Injured As Herdsmen Invade Osun Community / Qnet Scam: The Scourge Destroying Nigerian Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.