Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,931 members, 7,835,109 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

The Igbos Are Misunderstood. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbos Are Misunderstood. (804 Views)

Nigerians Misunderstood Apcs Change Mantra - Lai Mohammed / Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion / Tinubu Is Misunderstood: (true Confession) Am Beginning To Like The Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Igbos Are Misunderstood. by mekaboy(m): 10:44am On Apr 13, 2015
Alot of people are attacking igbos for their choices, but i think the have shown a high level of loyalty to the party they believe in (PDP).

The PDP is or was the biggest party in africa has representation of people from all over Nigeria. Everyone feels at home and has a voice in PDP. Unlike the CPC which is mostly northern and ACN which is mainly SW.

The APGA party which is seen to be SE suffers because the igbos are their own no 1 enemies. Therefore the party had little or no branch in the east talkless of other regions.

If igbos had one voice, and trusted each other. I believe APGA should have been the party in the whole of the SE and possibly SS, then parts of the middle belt.

This way the PDP and APGA would have merged ans defeated the APC merger.

Unlike some parts of the country that put their own regional and ethic agenda beyond that of the party. Igbos put the party ahead. Its not Like jonathan has done much for igboss, just that igbos chose to be loyal to their party.

If igbos tell u they r behind u, you can bank on that loyalty. If a northerner emerged as PDP presidential candidate, igbos would have voted PDP.

If ambode was PDP and agbaje APC, igbos would have voted ambode. I am proud of the choice igbos made. Igbos have shown that they rather loose every slot in govt than betray the party they believe in.

They put party interest abobe their individual interest.

Now, igbos will need to go back to the drawing board. Fix our fundation, and then spread our branches to integrate with other regions politically.

I understand that igbos have been held backward, because they r not sure they can find a loyalty of their standard in any other region.

They must be ready and willing to take the risk.

1 Like

Re: The Igbos Are Misunderstood. by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 13, 2015
Exactly d point
Re: The Igbos Are Misunderstood. by derrick333(m): 10:56am On Apr 13, 2015
igbo voted candidate not the party,atlist some northern state N ekiti in SW recorded victory for pdp even in presidential election
Re: The Igbos Are Misunderstood. by galadima77(m): 10:58am On Apr 13, 2015
its a white lie!!! D few igbos i interacted wit didnt want power returned to d north.....simple!!! dey didnt care if pdp was plunging d country into a "fourth" world country as long as an hausa man doesnt get back there.

funny enough we shall all benefit from d positive changes d incorruptible general shall bring to d system.

Where is Diezani as we speak?

3 Likes

Re: The Igbos Are Misunderstood. by BabaO2: 11:00am On Apr 13, 2015
mekaboy:
Alot of people are attacking igbos for their choices, but i think the have shown a high level of loyalty to the party they believe in (PDP).

The PDP is or was the biggest party in africa has representation of people from all over Nigeria. Everyone feels at home and has a voice in PDP. Unlike the CPC which is mostly northern and ACN which is mainly SW.

The APGA party which is seen to be SE suffers because the igbos are their own no 1 enemies. Therefore the party had little or no branch in the east talkless of other regions.

If igbos had one voice, and trusted each other. I believe APGA should have been the party in the whole of the SE and possibly SS, then parts of the middle belt.

This way the PDP and APGA would have merged ans defeated the APC merger.

Unlike some parts of the country that put their own regional and ethic agenda beyond that of the party. Igbos put the party ahead. Its not Like jonathan has done much for igboss, just that igbos chose to be loyal to their party.

If igbos tell u they r behind u, you can bank on that loyalty. If a northerner emerged as PDP presidential candidate, igbos would have voted PDP.

If ambode was PDP and agbaje APC, igbos would have voted ambode. I am proud of the choice igbos made. Igbos have shown that they rather loose every slot in govt than betray the party they believe in.

They put party interest abobe their individual interest.

Now, igbos will need to go back to the drawing board. Fix our fundation, and then spread our branches to integrate with other regions politically.

I understand that igbos have been held backward, because they r not sure they can find a loyalty of their standard in any other region.

They must be ready and willing to take the risk.
Ibos problem is lack of objectivity as depicted by ur writeup: not until you realized that SE and ss have different identities, even delta state is not an Ibo land, composition little composition are ibo people not to talk of Edo, these are faces of SS. The simple truth is that Ibos are leeches on PDP as they are on SS even on SW reason why they can not survive on their own

1 Like

Re: The Igbos Are Misunderstood. by Ngasky(m): 11:03am On Apr 13, 2015
The Igbos are politically naive.
They should have planned ahead and make sure they calculate the political entity and as Rochas said diversify their politics against Jealousy and ethnic hatred.
Lets look at the outgoing government which part of the country benefits most? NORTH.
All the first 5 positions only 1 is from the south
President=South
Vice Pres=North
Senate Pres=North
Speaker=North
Chief Judge=North
This is not a good system I believe we have good personalities from all zones of the country.
Apart from these we (North) rejects PDP. But we are smart to allow some pockets of PDP as an insurance policy, Now a senate president or house speaker cant go to the SE atleast within the next 4 years. WHY?
No single Senator or Member in the majority chamber.
As it is currently it will take atleast 8-12 years of active vigorous planning and zone alianing to have a president of Nigeria from SE.
I personally hate zoning but thats collateral dispensation in Nigeria's politics.
The SE Should put their house in order and plan for the future and also drop Jealousy and hatered of other zones.
Re: The Igbos Are Misunderstood. by ikeyman00(m): 11:10am On Apr 13, 2015
@@@

no lecture from the looter and theives

we want Biafra
Re: The Igbos Are Misunderstood. by mekaboy(m): 11:10am On Apr 13, 2015
galadima77:
its a white lie!!! D few igbos i interacted wit didnt want power returned to d north.....simple!!! dey didnt care if pdp was plunging d country into a "fourth" world country as long as an hausa man doesnt get back there.

funny enough we shall all benefit from d positive changes d incorruptible general shall bring to d system.

Where is Diezani as we speak?

Thats understandable. If we r honest jonathan performed better than obj.

The north has been in power since and jonathan performed better than all the past presidents from the north.

Obasanjo had 8yrs even though jonathan performed better in his single tenure than obasanjo s double.

Igbis believed if other regions get 8yrs, let jonathan have it. is it because he is from the minority?

Though i wish buhari performs better, but lets keep track of jonathans performance and compare with buhari's.
Re: The Igbos Are Misunderstood. by bokohalal(m): 11:39am On Apr 13, 2015
If Jonathan had been in APC and Buhari in PDP Igbos would have voted for Jonathan.
Re: The Igbos Are Misunderstood. by mekaboy(m): 3:54pm On Apr 15, 2015
bokohalal:
If Jonathan had been in APC and Buhari in PDP Igbos would have voted for Jonathan.

Why would igbos vote jonathan in a party they have little or no stake in.?
Re: The Igbos Are Misunderstood. by Ikengawo: 3:59pm On Apr 15, 2015
Why are you explaining Igbos?
Did they ask you to do this? Anyone that has a problem with Igbos has already declared themselves your enemy. It's not up for debate or discussion anymore. If you don't know today you'll know tomorrow. Let Igbos be misunderstood. Has understanding put food on your table.

(1) (Reply)

With The People Behind Me I Will Win — Ikpeazu / BREAKING NEWS!!!!! Sacked Police IG Apologizes To Those He Wronged / A Brief Summary Of 'PWC REPORT'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.