Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,958 members, 7,821,376 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists (28751 Views)

Edo Election: PDP Winning 13 Out Of 19 Lgas / Imo Re-run: Results Update (#PDP WINNING) / PDP Winning Polls In Plateau State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by lalasticlala(m): 11:12am On Apr 13, 2015
Despite trailing by more than 79,000 votes, with a near-impossible chance of upturning the deficit in the results of the governorship elections so far announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission, the Peoples Democratic Party in Imo State has said that its candidate, Emeka Ihedioha, is on course to victory.

The Imo State Returning Officer, Ibidapo Obe, had declared the election inconclusive and announced that a supplementary election will hold in some wards across the state because the number of cancelled votes (144,715) was greater than the margin (79,529) between the two leading candidates.

The PDP, however, insists that Mr. Ihedioha “scored a majority of the popular votes cast by the Imo State electorates”.

Speaking to journalist few hours after the election was declared inconclusive, the Chairman of PDP in the state, Nnamdi Anyaehie, said results collated by the party’s agents at wards and local government collation centres show the party’s candidate was leading.

Mr. Anyaehie said there were widespread “manipulations, thuggery, harassment and intimidation visited on the electoral process, INEC officials and the voters”.

He said the ruling All Progressives Congress in the state indulged in widespread ballot box snatching, claiming that the Deputy Governor, Eze Madumere, was a chief culprit.

He also accused the incumbent governor of “cajoling, intimidating and threatening assigned officials of INEC in their duties”.
Mr. Anyaehie also faulted the Returning Officer for reducing the score of the party’s candidate in Ezinihitte local government.

But PREMIUM TIMES can reliably confirm that the result from Ezinihitte was recalculated after it was discovered that the total number of votes cast as reported by the local government collation officer surpassed the total number of registered voters by over 20,000.

Mr. Anyaehie also complained that Emmanuel Opara, the electoral officer of INEC in Oru East, publicly confessed that she was kidnapped and taken to a secret location where she was forced to enter fictitious results.

He said the PDP will take appropriate steps to reconcile the results of areas affected by irregularities and will seek necessary redress.
He called on the party’s supporters and Imo people to remain calm and peaceful while these issues are resolved.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/181389-pdp-winning-imo-despite-trailing-with-wide-margin-party-insists.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by chymystique(f): 11:13am On Apr 13, 2015
The better choiCe woulda being Capt. IheanaCho but it seems he has lost. I pray Hon. Ihedioha doesnt win Cause to me he has no better plans for imolites but to wrestle power .. In as much as i dnt like APC party, RoChas is a better ChoiCe btw the two. He has Done enough for imolites via many aspeCts esp roads and infrastruCtures etc and delivered in this his first tenure and so deserves to be re-elected but ma only fear is he might not perForm like b4 this time around.

PLS LET'S STOP BEING SENTIMENTAL

**patiently waiting for the winner to be announCed**

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 13, 2015
PDP/Ihedioha must not win.

Owelle Rochas should continue with his hardwork/good work.

Sai Rochas
Sai Okorocha

Owelle we know, Owelle we want

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by ozoigbondu: 11:13am On Apr 13, 2015
79,000 votes is not much.last time this happened in imo state the sitting governor was booted out.

But if the people of imo judge Rochas and finds him worthy then the will of the people which is the Will of God should prevail.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 13, 2015
Alryt
Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by sammyj: 11:16am On Apr 13, 2015
Story story ooo, story story story storeeeeee !!! A sinking ship fighting for nothing !!! grin grin

SAI Rochas !!!

SAI Change movement !!!

SAI GMB/PYO !!!!

SAI Nigeria !!!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by oneeast: 11:17am On Apr 13, 2015
Ihedioha all the way.. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 13, 2015
chymystique:
I pray Hon. Ihedioha doesnt win.. In as much as i dnt like APC, RoChas is a better ChoiCe btw the two.
Well, the will of Imolite should prevail.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 13, 2015
Rochas Go still win Last Last!!

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 13, 2015
lol. they should dream on. owelle will just increase his lead. 80,000 out of 110k no be joke at all.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by CR77(f): 11:25am On Apr 13, 2015
Well at last Rochas will still win

I smell rigging everywhere

8 Likes

Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by Sweetguy25: 11:26am On Apr 13, 2015
Wike should go to imo state and help us please. Okorochas must not be reelected.

20 Likes

Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by jeeqaa7(m): 11:26am On Apr 13, 2015
Ok
Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by Dannyset(m): 11:26am On Apr 13, 2015
And ur surprised?
Is dis not the same way Muazu said PDP will win 24 states Presidential n Govrship?
FFK said same thing. What do we hav now?
Forget the losers jare.

10 Likes

Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 13, 2015
undecided

THE YEEBOES WILL NEVER VOTE ROCHAS BECAUSE HE IS A PROGRESSIVE. THEY RATHER CHANNEL THEIR ENERGY FIGHTING FOR THE OWNERSHIP OF LAGOS. Awon eleriibuu

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by lordsharks(m): 11:27am On Apr 13, 2015
Cool
Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 13, 2015
PDP 4reva
Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by ionsman: 11:28am On Apr 13, 2015
No vacancy in Douglas house.....Ihedioha,just decamp and beg okorocha to make you a commissioner. If not na house things for you o till 2019. grin

9 Likes

Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by Occurstaem(m): 11:28am On Apr 13, 2015
Laugh don kill me here oo.
PDP need more than 70,000 to beat the margin. So they expect APC to be sleeping without getting any vote from the cancelled polls.
Imo people are not tribalist, PDP would have been leading.
Congratulations Rochas.
I dedicate this space to my friends from Imo state.

9 Likes

Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by Sweetlemon(f): 11:28am On Apr 13, 2015
No weapon fashioned against Rochas will proper in Jesus name. Amen!

I love Imo people. They have always been the most liberal SE state. They are wise enough to appreciate the gem in Owelle and vote for him despite his "Hausa/Yoruba" party. God bless Imolites!

I suspect the kicks against the election result are from elites from other SE states who cannot stand a fellow SE state going to an "infidel" party. But they will fail woefully. By the grace of God Rochas will come out with even more lead.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by Kulas: 11:29am On Apr 13, 2015
I am a PDP supporter,but i prefer Rochas to win.I am not an APC fan.I prefer Rochas based on Individual performance and not party.Ihedioha sounds more corrupt than Okorocha.Above all,Okorocha is an independent politician that doesnt dance to the tune of anybody.He is a man of himself.

21 Likes

Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by EagleScribes: 11:29am On Apr 13, 2015
Definition of naija politics: the more you look, the less you see

4 Likes

Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by sexymoma(f): 11:30am On Apr 13, 2015
congratulation to him
nd I use agbaje case as a prayer point... I shall never pursue a particular ambition for several years without having positive outcome.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by donem: 11:30am On Apr 13, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Wike should go to imo state and help us please. Okorochas must not be reelected.
And Fayose grin

3 Likes

Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 13, 2015
FrancisTony:

Sai Rochas
Sai Okorocha

Why're you jumping ship? Are you not a PDP1g?

2 Likes

Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by ElFenomeno1: 11:30am On Apr 13, 2015
FrancisTony:

Sai Rochas
Sai Okorocha

Spot on!

3 Likes

Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by 1stola: 11:31am On Apr 13, 2015
PDPïgs are clowns
Call me a goat if Mallam Rochas Babatunde did not win.
SAI APC
SAI Rochas
Sai Buhari smiley

4 Likes

Re: PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists by Ventura1: 11:31am On Apr 13, 2015
It is their way! always lying

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Umahi On His Knees As He Declares His 2019 Governorship Intention(pics) / Sa'ad MC Tahir Removes Atiku's Picture From Poster / COVID-19: El-Rufai's Wives Ran Away From Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.