Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. (15683 Views)

What Are The Career Option For Biochemistry Graduate / Career Choice DSS Or ARMY? Suggestions Please!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hello house, I need advice in. Future choice of study after having a Bsc in biochemistry. I'm thinking of having an MSc in clinical biochemistry or biotech. I did some research in found out I could also do a graduate course in medicine. I'll be grateful if anyone else can give me any meaningful suggestions as regarding a career in this field.
Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 13, 2015
ok
Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by spartanian(m): 2:19pm On Apr 13, 2015
there are limited opportunities for Biochemistry graduates, think outside of the box
Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by ideykwum: 2:31pm On Apr 13, 2015
Coincidentally, I was a former NABS president, and actually putting together a career guide for Biochemists!

Let me start with what I did; I got all HSE certification (local and international) and got PMP certified. That gave me leverage into the QHSE departments of Oil and Gas companies. I then went to LBS for an MBA, and finally back to my former school for an Msc in Food Biochemistry.

In between, I've undergone several courses too in management, safety, QA/QC etc. Let it suffice to say that I more into management these days.

Why did I take the trouble to explain all this? It's simple: you've got to do your personal SWOT analysis and decide where you want to arrive at finally. I always knew I wanted to arrive at management...but I needed an entry point.

If I know exactly what you want to arrive at, I can give you clearer advice. You can DM me!

marinel:
Hello house, I need advice in. Future choice of study after having a Bsc in biochemistry. I'm thinking of having an MSc in clinical biochemistry or biotech. I did some research in found out I could also do a graduate course in medicine. I'll be grateful if anyone else can give me any meaningful suggestions as regarding a career in this field.

10 Likes

Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
[quote author=ideykwum post=32676939] tanks for the insight. I'm really lookin at being in the medical field.
Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by jabberjawz: 8:22pm On Apr 13, 2015
[quote author=marinel post=32687506][/quote]

hi, clinical biochemistry is not a bad option......u can tailor ur career towards working in d medical labs, pharmaceutical companies, lecturing or research institutes.....u can lookup places like IITA, MRC,...etc...d options are vast....so also d opportunities.....just stay focused and keep your options open.

1 Like

Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 13, 2015
jabberjawz:

hi, clinical biochemistry is not a bad option......u can tailor ur career towards working in d medical labs, pharmaceutical companies, lecturing or research institutes.....u can lookup places like IITA, MRC,...etc...d options are vast....so also d opportunities.....just stay focused and keep your options open.
I'll keep that in mind. Tanks a lot, by d way wc sch did u finish frm?
Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by rectitude(m): 11:06pm On Apr 13, 2015
marinel:

i have giving you the answers you really need on my blog 'fixmeblog' its about dealing with issues such as this. am featuring your question there. i think you should check it out http://www.fixmeblog.com
Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by jabberjawz: 11:53pm On Apr 13, 2015
marinel:
I'll keep that in mind. Tanks a lot, by d way wc sch did u finish frm?

lol...i ain't a biochemist....i happen to have dem around me...i try my best to read wide & be knowledgeable about other fields....as much as i can.
Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 14, 2015
jabberjawz:

lol...i ain't a biochemist....i happen to have dem around me...i try my best to read wide & be knowledgeable about other fields....as much as i can.
hmmmm dts nyc. Metabolite by association.
Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by jabberjawz: 2:39pm On Apr 14, 2015
marinel:
hmmmm dts nyc. Metabolite by association.

so which uni did u study bch?
Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 16, 2015
jabberjawz:

so which uni did u study bch?
KSU
Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by jabberjawz: 6:08pm On Apr 16, 2015
marinel:
KSU

sorry..what school is ksu....i mean d full acronym....pardon my ignorance...
Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 16, 2015
jabberjawz:

sorry..what school is ksu....i mean d full acronym....pardon my ignorance...
kogi state university
Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by jabberjawz: 11:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
marinel:
kogi state university

oh...ok nice.
Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by PaulSteve: 12:52pm On Apr 17, 2015
[quote author=ideykwum post=32676939]
I must commend your doggedness,you put in so much effort to acquire knowledge,wish you well!
Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by ideykwum: 9:49pm On Apr 17, 2015
Thanks! I also admire people like you...it takes a strong personality to acknowledge others! Wish you well too!

[quote author=PaulSteve post=32818508][/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by Mintayo(m): 11:10pm On Apr 17, 2015
ideykwum:
Coincidentally, I was a former NABS president, and actually putting together a career guide for Biochemists!

Let me start with what I did; I got all HSE certification (local and international) and got PMP certified. That gave me leverage into the QHSE departments of Oil and Gas companies. I then went to LBS for an MBA, and finally back to my former school for an Msc in Food Biochemistry.

In between, I've undergone several courses too in management, safety, QA/QC etc. Let it suffice to say that I more into management these days.

Why did I take the trouble to explain all this? It's simple: you've got to do your personal SWOT analysis and decide where you want to arrive at finally. I always knew I wanted to arrive at management...but I needed an entry point.

If I know exactly what you want to arrive at, I can give you clearer advice. You can DM me!

Hello please what are the courses you did on QC AND QA?

1 Like

Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by Kriti111: 9:56am On Feb 24, 2017
Hello,
Thanks for Asking..!!

Yes, you are taking right decision. You should pursue M.Sc.

By this, you will be eligible to appear in CSIR NET Exam.

csir net is a gateway for all the science students who want to make career in Research field or Lectureship. With this you can also try to get a job in PSU, work in csir Labs. Working in CSIR Labs is a dream of many students.

Most of Biochemistry students want to get into Research Field. I am also trying that. recently I have appeared in net exam. Now waiting for the csir net result. to get into Lectureship.

Best of Luck smiley
Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by damysleeky: 12:01pm On Feb 24, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]
ideykwum:

Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by damysleeky: 12:09pm On Feb 24, 2017
[quote author=ideykwum post=32835465]Thanks! I also admire people like you...it takes a strong personality to acknowledge others! Wish you well too!

I studied Food Science and Technology, but I want to build a career in management, just like you. Your post was quite insightful. I'm thinking of HSE, ISO and PMP certifications. Would you be kind to enlighten me more about others.
Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by agunlex01(m): 3:52am On May 05, 2017
Thanks for this, it helps. I will like to ask if 3.49cgpa can do M. Sc in clinical biochemistry?
Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by totaljobshub: 9:10am On Oct 18, 2017
Hello, Sir

Yes, you are providing the right detail and also right decision. You should pursue M.Sc.

By this, you will be eligible to appear in CSIR NET Exam.

csir net is a gateway for all the science students who want to make career in Research field or Lectureship. With this you can also try to get a job in PSU, work in csir Labs. Working in CSIR Labs is a dream of many students.

Most of Biochemistry students want to get into Research Field. I am also trying that. recently I have appeared in net exam. Now waiting for the http://totaljobshub.in/csir-ugc-net-result-2016-csirhrdg-res-in-dec-exam-cut-off/. to get into Lectureship.

Best of Luck smiley
Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by Kajalsharma: 6:31pm On Mar 28, 2018
It is good to plan your career in advance before it is too late. There are many job opportunities that candidates may lose out on due to some issues. But, if you have got one, don't wait - just grab it.

If you want to have success in the interview, I suggest that you consider checking out the following link about "Interview Tips".

https://www.jobsdeal.in/2017/02/best-ways-to-prepare-for-interview.html
Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by fufaji: 5:22am On Aug 07, 2018
Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by chawlaneha990: 10:34am On Aug 27, 2018
All the candidates who have successfully submitted Railway Group D application form and looking for [url="https://railwayrecruitmentgov.in/railway-group-d-admit-card-2018/"]Railway Group D Admit Card[/url] 2018 will be able to download their call letter before 10 to 7 days of examination.
Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by aditiraicaca: 11:59am On Sep 21, 2018
Visit the official page for more info: RRB ALP Results

Visit the official page for more info: SSC CGL Results

Visit the official page for more info: [url=ttps://quintdaily.com/2018/09/kerala-plus-one-improvement-result-2018/]Plus one result[/url]

Visit the official page for more info: Plus one improvement result 2018
Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by apkiospc: 5:30am On Sep 25, 2018
The Bihar School Examination Board, Patna is going to conduct the Matric & Intermediate Examination in the February/March Month. HBSE 10th Date Sheet Goa HSSC Time Table So all Private & Regular Students can download Bihar Board Exam Date 2019 from this page. The Bihar Board will be released the Annual Exam Time Table soon on the official website. HP board 12th date sheet CBSE 12th time table All Students keep patience and focus on your study to make it better we will update you on all important updates by heading on this article. Students if you want to any more details regarding to Bihar Board Exam Date 2019, you may visit the official website www.biharboardonline.bihar.gov.in. Tamilnadu SSLC time table RBSE 10th time table So all Students can also check their Inter Arts, Commerce, Science streams Programme subject wise from this page. Now student have enough time to preparation examination and they continue their examination preparation to higher score GSEB HSC time table GSEB SSC time table Thanks for reading
Re: Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry. by aditiraicaca: 4:26pm On Sep 25, 2018
Jesus was born, the peace has arrived with a magical sign of stars. People all around celebrating Xmas day by sending beautiful Merry Christmas Images ,greetings, and sharing their love with each other.

The celebration of light all this beautiful world feel the magical love between us and we are in this smartphone world have some amazing features to share [url="https://www.diwali2018images.com/"]Diwali pictures HD[/url], thoughts on Deepavali and wishes to our loved one.

The rise of yet another calendar year has born with new updates and for this [url="https://www-happynewyear2019.com/"] New Years day 2019 [/url] more we should categorize and summarises the days and each moment.

Its now gifs are getting trending than quotes or rather than wishes. The animated and glittering [url="https://www.happynewyear2019gifs.com/"] New Year animated Gifs[/url] collections are there to celebrate a part of the new year.

Greetings to this beautiful world can't be concluded with a single word. The feeling of sharing [url="https://www.happynewyear2019images.org.in/"]Happy New Year Pictures Image[/url] can't dominate over any quotes or wishes or even a gif. SOunds funny right?

The quality images and wallpapers are always loved to share and the beginning of day 1, [url="https://www.newyear2019images.com/"]New Year Images[/url] plays a promising role with everyone's life. Feel free to smell the flavor of those new year updates in your entire life.

The touching status or even a good morning image always start a new day with a fresh start. The beginning of every new year freshes once we reach with a blessed [url="https://www.newyear2019wishes.com/"]New Year wishes[/url] and at a time we do share with our loved ones on the auspicious occasion.

The academy awards nomination polls and predictions finally did. 24 different category awards and the [url="https://www.oscarnominations2019.com/"]Oscar prediction 2019[/url] has been announced successfully and awaiting the red carpet for the choosing the winners in the official function.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme / Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members / Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.