Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers (35361 Views)

2016 EFCC Recruitment ( Graduates And Non-graduates) How True? / An Important Lesson All Job Seekers Should Learn / Dangote Group Massive Graduates And Exp. Job Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by Enny1010(m): 9:49pm On Apr 13, 2015
shocked
Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by slap1(m): 9:49pm On Apr 13, 2015
Third time I'm seeing this on FP.

1 Like

Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 13, 2015
How job seeker wey never eat go take understand this letter? undecided
Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by TI1919(m): 9:50pm On Apr 13, 2015
grin
Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 13, 2015
Cool
Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by Aroh48(m): 9:50pm On Apr 13, 2015
God is my strength.
Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by kingjosephat(m): 9:55pm On Apr 13, 2015
Plain truth
Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by phaieet(f): 9:55pm On Apr 13, 2015
wow!!! at a point I feel d letter is for me cos I studied economics back den in school. God bless u for this message
Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by Akalia(m): 9:55pm On Apr 13, 2015
you see why polytechnic graduates like me have a great edge over this B.sc counterparts tongue
Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by VickyRotex(f): 9:57pm On Apr 13, 2015
Beautiful. Ain't an economist tho. I love this part: ""Meanwhile, be encouraged and stay positive. And yes, I will keep your letter on file. But my guess is that when a position in my economics group eventually opens up, you’ll no longer be available"" smiley

1 Like

Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by 2scorehigh(m): 9:59pm On Apr 13, 2015
Word!

He who have ears, let him hear.
Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 13, 2015
Truth be told, even if one decides to dive into the business world, it still implies that one should be flexible and be open to change because most of the times the mentality and mindset that have been built into us by our educational system has really made it difficult for so many of us to think out of the box. This letter paints a perfect picture of the nigerian environment, where majority of the people studied course they never applied for due to the rigours of getting admission in this country and by the time they graduate, they don't look inward to see what best they can do but end up just marketing the grades they graduated with

1 Like

Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by gracespeaks: 10:02pm On Apr 13, 2015
Gud n totful of u, its an additional insight.. But what do u mean by post university study at a polytechnic
Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by Segzay(m): 10:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
Wow,,I luv dis,,its d truth and its nt any bitter,,d op jst mixed information with reality,,,nice write up!
Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 13, 2015
Akalia:
you see why polytechnic graduates like me have a great edge over this B.sc counterparts tongue
well, this letter does not only apply to B.sc graduate only but to everyone that finds it difficult to be flexible after completing an educational system or those that find it difficult to understand the workings of the economy and taking advantage of the opportunities available in the economy.
Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by mezualvex(m): 10:15pm On Apr 13, 2015
can't wait to get into d IT world,really hungry for life success ....GOD help we Nigerians... my light must SHINE.

1 Like

Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by Kentrasso(f): 10:17pm On Apr 13, 2015
Great! I love it! We never truly know what we are or what we are created to be until we have tried our hands on different fields...
Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 13, 2015
eleojo23:
Over time I have discovered that the best paying business is the business of self development and opening up one's self to possibilities.
Many persons are wasting their talent and potentials because they insist on presenting their certificates rather than presenting themselves. I believe that there is much more to a person than what is written on his certificate.

Self employed abi?
Na ur testicles u wan use as capital start am abi?
Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by Akposkool(m): 10:23pm On Apr 13, 2015
I kinda agree but what we should be preaching is specialization. Look employees are no longer interested in certificate, they want to see what you can do. Skill acquisition is the watch word here. Not thinking you are a Jack of all trade by reading medicine and applying for banking. Go for extra courses in your field, build your capacity and you can do it all. Do you think a certificate is enough? I beg to differ and stand to be corrected. Nigerians must indulge in specialization. Advising someone to apply for any type of job is not the answer because I bet you there are some register in that field that will take such a person months to perfect. Do you think big employees have time to train you from the scratch? Hell no, they believe you are already acquainted with the fundamental knowledge of the job. Skill acquisition and specialization is the answer. Stop preaching cut and nail doctrines. I stand to be corrected. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by eleojo23: 10:26pm On Apr 13, 2015
Stelvin101:

Self employed abi?
You got it wrong.
(I will ignore the vulgarity of your statement and try to clarify)

Self development and self-employed are two different things. However the first may lead to the second.

Self development involves developing whatever skills you have or improving on what you know so that you can have an edge over others in the job market. A person who has developed himself can decide to be self employed if he can raise the capital for start-up.

1 Like

Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by GodMode: 10:32pm On Apr 13, 2015
Stelvin101:

Self employed abi?

"Thought, not money, is the real business
capital..."

-Harvey S. Firestone

2 Likes

Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by GodMode: 10:33pm On Apr 13, 2015
eleojo23:

You got it wrong.
Self development and self-employed are two different things. However the first may lead to the second.

Self development involves developing whatever skills you have or improving on what you know so that you have an edge over others in the job market. A person who has developed himself can decide to be self employed if he can raise the capital for start-up.

"Don't waste time calculating your
chances of success and failure. Just fix
your aim and begin."
- Guan Yin Tzu

2 Likes

Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 13, 2015
Akposkool:
I kinda agree but what we should be preaching is specialization. Look employees are no longer interested in certificate, they want to see what you can do. Skill acquisition is the watch word here. Not thinking you are a Jack of all trade by reading medicine and applying for banking. Go for extra courses in your field, build your capacity and you can do it all. Do you think a certificate is enough? I beg to differ and stand to be corrected. Nigerians must indulge in specialization. Advising someone to apply for any type of job is not the answer because I bet you there are some register in that field that will take such a person months to perfect. Do you think big employees have time to train you from the scratch? Hell no, they believe you are already acquainted with the fundamental knowledge of the job. Skill acquisition and specialization is the answer. Stop preaching cut and nail doctrines. I stand to be corrected. Thank you
bro, you are actually correct, but if you take a closer look at that post, you will realise that all what you have said is embedded in it, it is not preaching about just getting anyhow thing, but what it is saying is that your course of study may not necessarily mean where u will build a career which implies that you can look inward and chart a better path for yourself. Thank You
Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by GodMode: 10:35pm On Apr 13, 2015
Akposkool:

"The only difference between success and failure is the ability to take action."

-Alexander Graham Bell

2 Likes

Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by GodMode: 10:38pm On Apr 13, 2015
Tonnero23:
bro, you are actually correct, but if you take a closer look at that post, you will realise that all what you have said is embedded in it, it is not preaching about just getting anyhow thing, but what it is saying is that your course of study may not necessarily mean where u will build a career which implies that you can look inward and chart a better path for yourself. Thank You

The difference between school and life?

In school, you’re taught a lesson and then given a test.

In life, you’re given a test that teaches you a lesson.

– Tom Bodett

1 Like

Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by Bhella5(m): 10:38pm On Apr 13, 2015
Story that touches the heart. No matter how you put it young graduates and even old ones self are doomed in this we country. Self employment is good but where is the start up capital eh? You go to the bank for loan they'll ask you for collateral upon collateral. You apply for jobs they demand for 10years experience. How we go do na?! Some folks be writing nonsense sweet words hia.
Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by GodMode: 10:40pm On Apr 13, 2015
Kentrasso:
Great! I love it! We never truly know what we are or what we are created to be until we have tried our hands on different fields...

“The best way to predict the future is to create it.”

–Dr. Forrest C. Shaklee

1 Like

Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 13, 2015
GodMode:

The difference between school and life?

In school, you’re taught a lesson and then given a test.

In life, you’re given a test that teaches you a lesson.

– Tom Bodett
very true sir
Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 13, 2015
GodMode:

"Thought, not money, is the real business
capital..."

-Harvey S. Firestone

I don't just know why children of now adays keep mixing motivational quotes with reality
Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by GodMode: 10:42pm On Apr 13, 2015
Bhella5:
Story that touches the heart. No matter how you put it young graduates and even old self are doom in this we country. Self employment is good but where is the start up capital? You go to the bank for loan they'll ask you for collateral upon collateral. You apply for jobs they demand for 10years experience. How we go do na?!

Only you can hold yourself back,
only you can stand in your own way...
Only you can help yourself."

-Mikhail Strabo

1 Like

Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by GodMode: 10:43pm On Apr 13, 2015
Stelvin101:

I don't just know why children of now adays keep mixing motivational quotes with reality

"Learn something new. Try something different. Convince yourself that you have no limits. "

-Brian Tracy

1 Like

Re: Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 13, 2015
eleojo23:

You got it wrong.

Self development involves developing whatever skills you have or improving on what you know so that you can have an edge over others in the job market. A person who has developed himself can decide to be self employed if he can raise the capital for start-up.

Let me tell u a short and true life story about a buddy of mine. same age with me and a vewi close fwnd. just like y'all moda4ckas, dis dude is gud with all these motivational quotes y'all saying up and down, using to give y'all self hope, deceiving urself that self employed is the key. self employed is in indeed the key buh the door the key needs to open is called Reality and you need to be an employee to raise that capital to get ur own biz with proper Saving, planning and strategy. this fwnd of mine didn't realize this and is still struggling up till date because he said he doesn't want to be an employee to anyone, forgetting he came into this world with wooden spoon. 80% of self employed needs capital and when you look at ur financial status, a rational person will know he needs to become an employee at first before actualizing his dream of being self employed by working for a couple of years to gather that capital. except you a sport man or an artist.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer / AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 / Who Has Received Npower January Stipend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.