Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

How Has The Elections Affected The County's Economy? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Has The Elections Affected The County's Economy? (713 Views)

Five Oil Exporters Affected By Currency Devaluation Most / Oshodi Market Demolition : Affected Traders Reject Alternative / "CBN Might Devalue The Naira After The Elections In February" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Has The Elections Affected The County's Economy? by RaphaelOjefo: 7:24pm On Apr 13, 2015
I wanted to by garri usually sold for 20/cup....on getting to the store the woman selling there told me it was N30..this was the conversation that ensued
Me: good afternoon ma
Ma: Ehen! Afternoon my dear..how are you
Me: Fine ma....
Me: Ah wan buy garri...2 cups
Ma: na N60 oh....
Me: how garri take increase overnight na...
Ma: na because of election....

Question...: How has the Elections affected the prices of goods??....and business so far?

NB: I heard something like borders where closed....
Re: How Has The Elections Affected The County's Economy? by Godmother(f): 7:26pm On Apr 13, 2015
Same here. Prices of almost everything has gone up. That's Nigeria for you. Trust people to take advantage of any opportunity for their benefit.
Shebi the election is over, hopefully prices will start coming down.
Re: How Has The Elections Affected The County's Economy? by RaphaelOjefo: 7:30pm On Apr 13, 2015
Godmother:
Same here. Prices of almost everything has gone up. That's Nigeria for you. Trust people to take advantage of any opportunity for their benefit.
Shebi the election is over, hopefully prices will start coming down.
LoL...ah pray oh

1 Like

Re: How Has The Elections Affected The County's Economy? by nerodenero: 7:48pm On Apr 13, 2015
If I am a boss and I employ Nigeria, na 2 weeks salary Nigeria go collect because Nigeria has not worked for the past 2 weeks.

In Nigeria, everything stops for election to start and ends. In developed countries, people vote on their to work and I pray we get to that level.
Re: How Has The Elections Affected The County's Economy? by RaphaelOjefo: 8:21pm On Apr 13, 2015
nerodenero:
If I am a boss and I employ Nigeria, na 2 weeks salary Nigeria go collect because Nigeria has not worked for the past 2 weeks.

In Nigeria, everything stops for election to start and ends. In developed countries, people vote on their to work and I pray we get to that level.
I say an Amen to that
Re: How Has The Elections Affected The County's Economy? by frankike1: 9:02pm On Apr 13, 2015
fall in oil price (which hit the value of Naira hard), plus election tension which scared away foreign investors, and the high spending of our political criminals, are responsible for general increase in price.

(1) (Reply)

8 Things You Don’t Want In A Startup Partner / Chinese Stock Market Crash / Printing Pictures From Phone Memory Card, an Innovation, a Business Opportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.