Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' (10227 Views)

Malala Meets Amina Mohammed & Antonio Gutierrez At UN Headquaters(pics) / Chibok: Parents Of Abducted Schoolgirls Parents Accuse Vice Principal / Ibrahim Garuba Wala Rescued 500 Nigerian Schoolgirls From Boko Haram [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by Emenahagos02(m): 7:44pm On Apr 13, 2015
Here is the full letter:

To my brave sisters, the kidnapped schoolgirls of Chibok,

On this first anniversary of your captivity, I write to you with a message of solidarity, love and hope.

My name is Malala. I am a Pakistani girl your age. I am one of the millions of people around the world who keep you and your families foremost in our thoughts and prayers. We cannot imagine the full extent of the horrors you have endured. But please know this: We will never forget you. We will always stand with you. Today and every day, we call on the Nigerian authorities and the international community to do more to bring you home. We will not rest until you have been reunited with your families.

Like you, I was a target of militants who did not want girls to go to school. Gunmen shot me and two of my friends on a school bus. All three of us survived and are back in school. Now we speak out on behalf of all girls about the right to get a proper education. Our campaign will continue until you and all girls and boys around the world are able to access a free, safe and quality secondary education.

Last July, I spent my 17th birthday in Nigeria with some of your parents and five of your classmates who escaped the kidnapping. Your parents are grief-stricken. They love you, and they miss you. My father and I wept and prayed with your parents -- and they touched our hearts. The escapee schoolgirls my father and I met impressed us with their resolve to overcome their challenges and to complete their high school education. My father and I promised your parents and the girls who had escaped that we would do all we could to help them. I met Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan and urged him to work harder for your freedom. I also asked President Jonathan to meet your parents and the girls who escaped the kidnapping, which he did a few days later. Still, in my opinion, Nigerian leaders and the international community have not done enough to help you. They must do much more to help secure your release. I am among many people pressuring them to make sure you are freed.

There are reasons for hope and optimism. Nigerian forces are re-gaining territory and protecting more schools. Nigeria's newly-elected president, Muhammadu Buhari, has vowed to make securing your freedom a top priority and promised his government will not tolerate violence against women and girls.

"You will have the opportunity to receive the education you want and deserve. The Malala Fund and other organizations offered all your classmates who escaped the kidnapping full scholarships to complete their secondary education. Most of the escapee girls accepted this scholarship and are now continuing their studies at a safe boarding school and with the support they need. We hope to someday extend that same scholarship to all 219 of you, when you return home.

Remember that one day your tragic ordeal will end, you will be reunited with your families and friends, and you will have the chance to finish the education you courageously sought. I look forward to the day I can hug each one of you, pray with you, and celebrate your freedom with your families. Until then, stay strong, and never lose hope. You are my heroes.

Your sister,

Malala

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/13/world/malala-nigeria-schoolgirls-abducted-boko-haram/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_world+%28RSS%3A+CNN+-+World%29
Cc lalasticlala ishi love

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by bunlizlaw(f): 8:01pm On Apr 13, 2015
I hope they are released soon.

1 Like

Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by kilokeys(m): 9:05pm On Apr 13, 2015
who is she writing to?
girls that wouldnt see the letters?

shekau would actually read it loud to thm?

3 Likes

Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by fejikudz(m): 9:06pm On Apr 13, 2015
make i buy land for here first
Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 13, 2015
Honestly, the Chibok deniers are the Nazis of Nigeria. People as cold as that need to be monitored. We could even term them Right-wing.
Well, I pray the girls are eventually freed from their captors and returned safely to their respective homes, or whatever is left of it.
Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 13, 2015
Gej I believe

God bless southern Nigeria

they will Come back in Jesus name

I hate that religion =72 Virgins believers

just imagine this world without them =peace

8 Likes

Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by tollytexy(m): 9:06pm On Apr 13, 2015
She Saabi where chibok girls dey? Next please!! #yawns#
Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by jamex93(m): 9:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
angry angry
Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by Sweatlock(m): 9:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
Nice write up though

[size=18pt]SWEAT TOO MUCH
Visit Us[/size]
Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by Ikengawo: 9:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
The malala gimmick is annoying.

7 Likes

Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by tmcleo2k2(m): 9:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
Ok
Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
So...taarching
Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by eggie100(m): 9:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
Malala - great young lady!

1 Like

Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by jamillion: 9:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
kilokeys:
who is she writing to?
ask this man under me kiss
Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 13, 2015
They shall be found..

See this thread on amorc :

https://www.nairaland.com/2225497/ask-me-question-amorc-other
Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by darnley16(m): 9:10pm On Apr 13, 2015
Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by osayuking(m): 9:10pm On Apr 13, 2015
kilokeys:
who is she writing to?

you and your family

2 Likes

Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by ZUBY77(m): 9:12pm On Apr 13, 2015
I have told this girl to face Afghanistan and Pakistan. Their problems are ten million times more than ours.

5 Likes

Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by Larablink(f): 9:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
I really feel for those girl. Most of them are mothers now lipsrsealed.hope buhari will come to their aid.*#%bringbackourgirls%#* cry

1 Like

Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by Kentrasso(f): 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2015
Is she trying to stay relevant or what?

Gosh, people will forever be emotionally gullible. So many ways to become famous these days. A mixture of sad words, just write plenty 'I wept with the grief laden people'. 'Their pain cut through my heart'. 'I couldn't bear to see the starving children', everybody will love you.
Seriously How is that letter suppose to make the situation of the missing girls different today than it was yesterday?
I think malala is over rated.

10 Likes

Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by Bolade005: 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2015
I have come to realise that all mankind, no matter the colour, race and/or tribal differences, we all share a common origin, common problems and a common ultimate fate, Death. I have also come to realise that the problems we all share are far greater than the problems that divide us, and that what divides us is of our making. We invented racism, tribalism and all other BS but the heart of man is filled with LOVE.

Love is exactly what's making a Pakistani girl to have so much pain and love for people in distress in far away Africa.

Soon, our sisters will be back and you shall hug every one of them, Malala.

May God keep those girls.

God bless you Malala.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by gospi: 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hope she took the letter to sambisa forest

2 Likes

Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by MORNDEW(m): 9:20pm On Apr 13, 2015
2moro those girls will be 1 yr in captivity are typing nonsense. Small 17 yr old girl dey remind una hw stupid una govern dey feel less concerned. I pity many of u. The gal achievement speaks for her.

5 Likes

Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by Emenahagos02(m): 9:22pm On Apr 13, 2015
[size=8pt][/size]I made front page twice today, (first time in my life)all thanks to God, lalasticlala, ishilove, my touch 2 and ikegift4real. Abeg come pop some zobo n SK with me. Qoute me n ur life will never remain thesame
Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by Godfullsam(m): 9:22pm On Apr 13, 2015
May Almighty God help us secure the release of these girls. It had taken too long undecided.

1 Like

Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by lalasticlala(m): 9:23pm On Apr 13, 2015
Emenahagos02:
[size=8pt][/size]I made front page twice today, (first time in my life)all thanks to God, lalasticlala, ishilove, my touch 2 and ikegift4real. Abeg come pop some zobo n SK with me. Qoute me n ur life will never remain thesame

Lol
Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by tayork(m): 9:26pm On Apr 13, 2015
Lord please rescues this girls for us, we Nigerian soldiers,government can't do it alone, it only you, nigerians only complaining about the government but it not by our power,it only u lord that can bring them, only deal with that shekau, let him come out himself and confess to the whole world, Tnk u lord that u have bought those girls this week, in jesus name nairaland pray, AMeN

Click like if you pray the same

1 Like

Re: Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope' by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 13, 2015
kilokeys:
who is she writing to?

You dey mind them? All dis one na career relevance-boosting moves.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Stops The Arrest Of Ibrahim Larmode By Senate & IGP / ‘N90bn FIRS Fund’: RootsTV Deletes Controversial Video About Osinbajo / Pope Makes The Illuminati Sign On His Trip To America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.