Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,491 members, 7,850,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:00 AM

Award Winning Pharmacist Allegedly Commits Suicide In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Award Winning Pharmacist Allegedly Commits Suicide In Lagos (1047 Views)

"How I Escaped From Evans Cell After They Concluded To Kill Me" - Pharmacist / How Evans' Kidnap Of A Lagos Pharmacist Led To His Arrest (Photo) / Ghanaian Lady Allegedly Commits Suicide Because Husband Was Sleeping With Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Award Winning Pharmacist Allegedly Commits Suicide In Lagos by ELTON123(m): 12:44am On Apr 14, 2015
A married church leader and award winning pharmacist, Paul Olafare pictured below, allegedly committed suicide yesterday April 12th at his home in Lagos. He was found dead by his wife. According to multiple sources, Paul, a father of two, had been under a lot of pressure following a huge unpaid loan he collected from some people to set up his own pharmacy. His dream of setting up his own pharmacy failed leading to huge financial indebtedness. This allegedly led to chronic depression.
Paul was awarded the Lagos State Pharmacist of the Year 2013 and was reported to have been an active member of his church where he mentored the youth group.
According to a friend close to the situation, Paul had allegedly hinted to his wife that he would take his life if things didn't change for him. He also recently attempted to jump into the lagoon but was stopped by his wife.
His wife said she sound him writhing in pain yesterday morning as she was prepared for church and found that he'd drank poison. He later died.
Though he'd been allegedly battling with depression for a while, his family didn't believe he'd committed suicide and lodged a murder charge against the man's wife who is now being questioned by the State Criminal Investigation Department, Panti.
He was a graduate of Medicine from the College of Medicine University of Lagos.
Meanwhile family and friends have taken to his Facebook wall to express their sadness over his death

Re: Award Winning Pharmacist Allegedly Commits Suicide In Lagos by bigtt76(f): 12:59am On Apr 14, 2015
This one fit be from village o! My guess is that he probably tithed all the loan cause I don't really see how he couldn't setup a pharmacy.... Abi pepo nor de fall sick again? Anyway God knows best. RIP dude.
Re: Award Winning Pharmacist Allegedly Commits Suicide In Lagos by Youngsage: 1:10am On Apr 14, 2015
@O.p graduate of Pharmacy you mean?

@Topic, if true, then that's too bad! Sad end.
Re: Award Winning Pharmacist Allegedly Commits Suicide In Lagos by onatisi(m): 1:12am On Apr 14, 2015
How does taking ones life solves a problem?now he has left his wife and kid in sorrow. Taking ones life is perhaps the dumbest thing human beings do. Even animals don't take their own lives .
Re: Award Winning Pharmacist Allegedly Commits Suicide In Lagos by praxisnetworks: 1:15am On Apr 14, 2015
cry
Re: Award Winning Pharmacist Allegedly Commits Suicide In Lagos by Nobody: 1:33am On Apr 14, 2015
Why now? Dont you know if you take your life, you will be going straight to Hell Fire? RIP
Re: Award Winning Pharmacist Allegedly Commits Suicide In Lagos by MizEmpress(f): 3:49am On Apr 14, 2015
I feel for the wife, suicide is a very wrong way to lose a spouse.
Re: Award Winning Pharmacist Allegedly Commits Suicide In Lagos by spaggyy(m): 5:38am On Apr 14, 2015
OP u said he is an award winning pharmacist how come he still took his life becuase he couldn't set up his own pharmacy, I dey smell nollywood movie for here ooo
Re: Award Winning Pharmacist Allegedly Commits Suicide In Lagos by spawnx: 7:34am On Apr 14, 2015
My condolence. But must you push the bar, cldnt ask God for guidance. My people perish for lack of knowledge.
Re: Award Winning Pharmacist Allegedly Commits Suicide In Lagos by hahn(m): 12:45pm On Apr 14, 2015
spaggyy:
OP u said he is an award winning pharmacist how come he still took his life becuase he couldn't set up his own pharmacy, I dey smell nollywood movie for here ooo

This sounds totally true. There are a lot of frustrated talents out there just because our people will rather promote mediocrity. Most of these award giving platforms are only interested in sponsorship than harnessing the talents. An average Nigerian can't even approach a bank for a start up loan. Just imagine being asked for collateral when all you have is an idea
Re: Award Winning Pharmacist Allegedly Commits Suicide In Lagos by Proffdada: 5:02pm On Apr 14, 2015
There's more that meets the eye
Paul was the last person to succumb to defeat much to say he committed suicide
Even if he's indebted there are friends that can and will help him out
I smell something fishy

(1) (Reply)

(photos)A NIGERIAN LADY DENIED BOARDING A GHANA PLANE / Boko Haram Releases 1st Beheading Video Since Joining ISIS Photos] / Randy 58-year-old Father Molests 10-year-old Daughter photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.