Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West (53394 Views)

"Saraki Will Reduce Your Punishment If You Apologise" - Melaye Tells Ndume / Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – / Why Petrol Price Can’t Go To N40 Now — IPMAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by AKPOSbaba: 6:28am On Apr 14, 2015
FORMER Minister of Petroleum and Energy, Prof. Tamunoemi David-West, said that Nigerians should expect sharp drop in petrol price from the current N87 to about N40 per litre, saying, “the president-elect, Gen. Mohammed Buhari, will reduce the fuel pump price to N40 per litre.”

In a telephone interview with Vanguard, the former minister argued that Nigeria produces millions of barrels of crude oil daily, and if properly harnessed will boost the performance of the industry.

His words: “I want to assure you that by the time he takes over, petrol will be dispensed at N40 per litre. This is possible and he has the credibility to make it work.

The major assignment of the president-elect when he is eventually inaugurated is to restore confidence to the industry.

He noted that the president-elect is familiar with the petroleum industry, adding that he is a straight forward person that has respect for democratic principles.

“As military head of state, he dealt with the Federal Executive Council with the tenets of democracy. Buhari will build new refineries to make petroleum products available for the masses. No responsible government will allow the masses to suffer.
SOURCE..http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/buharill-reduce-petrol-to-n40l-david-west/

43 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by don4real: 6:31am On Apr 14, 2015
Sound great

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by midolian(m): 6:32am On Apr 14, 2015
If this happens, Nigerians will never forget the favor, because this will bring about a fall in prices of goods, commodities and services..I jst imagined me boarding a cab for #20 again, buying things @ a price much cheaper than they are now ..it feels great!

*i pray say make e affect subscription price sef sad *

Buhari, take us back to the good old days, pleeease. cry

239 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by cy4cent(f): 6:34am On Apr 14, 2015
in as much as we want change, some persons shouldn't be saying things the general has not

promised, thereby raising unnecessary expectations.
we will be glad if it happens but let it come from him, n let him be inaugurated first!!!

143 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by Skanas(m): 6:36am On Apr 14, 2015
Sounds good i.e if those words can actually grow into actions...

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by ademega(m): 6:37am On Apr 14, 2015
These are the people that will give this man serious problem. Who send him this kind of talk naw ? Too early for all thses .

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by Boss13: 6:40am On Apr 14, 2015
Well tam west, the talk is too much. just become the petroleum minister again and drive down the cost to 40 naira

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by agarawu23(m): 6:42am On Apr 14, 2015
yes we can do

was it not #45 before OBJ increased it to #65?

but the painful part is the story can be different within days "Buhari denied #40 per liter oil statement"

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by cocoduck: 6:44am On Apr 14, 2015
fuel subsidy again?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by seunfly: 6:46am On Apr 14, 2015
Let wait and see.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by Igwe9(m): 6:46am On Apr 14, 2015
Has he been appointed the presidential spokesperson?

23 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by Nobody: 6:48am On Apr 14, 2015
“I want to assure you that by the time he takes over, petrol will be dispensed at N40 per litre. This is possible and he has the credibility to make it work.
Wow, very impressive. We shall be keeping tab on this!!! I won't fail to cheer the government if/when this is achieved

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by luvinhubby(m): 6:49am On Apr 14, 2015
I stopped taking Tam David-West serious a long time ago & i advice that you do so also.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by M4gunners: 6:49am On Apr 14, 2015
No be to talk ooo na to do dem oooo.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by seunfly: 6:51am On Apr 14, 2015
cocoduck:
fuel subsidy again?

Who told you their is no subsidy b4? They are just stealing your subsidy money, do you know the official price of kerosenes or the price we were suppose to buy PMS when the price drop at international market?
Look those people were still paying the same amount they paid importers when crude oil was $105 /barrel now if you do the mathematic, how much do you think we should buy it now?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by phlemzy: 6:52am On Apr 14, 2015
I can't wait to see this happen. If it does,then GEJ will be nailed for extorting Nigerians.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by CHEAPDATASOLTN(m): 6:56am On Apr 14, 2015
AKPOSbaba:
FORMER Minister of Petroleum and Energy, Prof. Tamunoemi David-West, said that Nigerians should expect sharp drop in petrol price from the current N87 to about N40 per litre, saying, “the president-elect, Gen. Mohammed Buhari, will reduce the fuel pump price to N40 per litre.”
In a telephone interview with Vanguard, the former minister argued that Nigeria produces millions of barrels of crude oil daily, and if properly harnessed will boost the performance of the industry.

His words: “I want to assure you that by the time he takes over, petrol will be dispensed at N40 per litre. This is possible and he has the credibility to make it work.
The major assignment of the president-elect when he is eventually inaugurated is to restore confidence to the industry.
He noted that the president-elect is familiar with the petroleum industry, adding that he is a straight forward person that has respect for democratic principles.
“As military head of state, he dealt with the Federal Executive Council with the tenets of democracy. Buhari will build new refineries to make petroleum products available for the masses. No responsible government will allow the masses to suffer.

SOURCE..http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/buharill-reduce-petrol-to-n40l-david-west/
Pray so...patiently waiting in anticipation... time will tell

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by eliteweb(m): 6:57am On Apr 14, 2015
Need di Miracle fast fast.

Also d Dollar thing, Naira to equal Dollar

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by godofwar666(m): 7:00am On Apr 14, 2015
Buhari will make it work. Buhari will make a way!

16 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by arsetalks(m): 7:00am On Apr 14, 2015
If this happens, I will hero worship him. I currently spend N30,000-N45,000 on fuel per month and I don't find it funny. Imagine that been reduced to N8,000 per month for me.

It better be true oo. David-west you have risen my hope. Buhari will forever become an hero if he reduces pump prices and fix our electricity.

Fix these two and others will auto fix themselves. Inflation will reduce, companies will make more money meaning their workers will automatically make more money too thereby reducing the proverty level. Reduce the property level and people will have more money to eat healthy thereby increasing our life span.

This will also lead to the growth of small and medical scale enterprises which will also lead to more empployment.

GOD, it be better be true.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 14, 2015
agarawu23:
yes we can do

was it not #45 before OBJ increased it to #65?

but the painful part is the story can be different within days "Buhari denied #40 per liter oil statement"
oga you don't just wake up to cut down or increase the pump price of pms. This has to do with increasing or decreasing the % of government for the subsidy(as the case may be). In the petroleum sector, we have the problem of cabals that import the product and charges the government. These cabals work in tandem with civil servants and other public servants that are in their payroll to ensure that they get their way. If government is to cut the pump price, it means it has to increase %earnings of the cabals to make up for the citizens. Now considering the fall in global oil price and how it affected our revenue, and the effect it will have on our relative scarce resources, do you think increament in the subsidy is feasible?

The only solution is total removal BUT you have to put paliatives in place to reduce the resultant pains(whicj will be temporary) and then build refineries to be run by private firms or jointly wt government(considering how we poorly manage our own). The problem here is that the same cabals will do all within their powers to sabotage the effort to build refineries. Also, the public income may not be able to service it, the option left will be loan-which comes with its resultant effect. What happens "if" the money is mismanaged or diverted?

Importantly, how feasible will this be considering the numerous "unrealistic" social programs/proposals of the Buhari incoming administration?

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by Tattooboy: 7:02am On Apr 14, 2015
eliteweb:
Need di Miracle fast fast.

Also d Dollar thing, Naira to equal Dollar
Yahooboyz fit bribe a moderator to ban u for this comment.

We are watching in 3d.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by luvmijeje(f): 7:02am On Apr 14, 2015
Who the heck made him the spokesperson for Buhari? They just want our president elect to fail badly.......... And they all will be disappointed.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by Nobody: 7:03am On Apr 14, 2015
arsetalks:
If this happens, I will hero worship him. I currently spend N30,000-N45,000 on fuel per month and I don't find it funny. Imagine that been reduced to N8,000 per month for me.

It better be true oo. David-west you have risen my hope. Buhari will forever become an hero if he reduces pump prices and fix our electricity.

Fix these two and others will auto fix themselves. Inflation will reduce, companies will make more money meaning their workers will automatically make more money too thereby reducing the proverty level. Reduce the property level and people will have more money to eat healthy thereby increasing our life span.

This will also lead to the growth of small and medical scale enterprises which will also lead to more empployment.

GOD, it be better be true.
The question is how? Pls read my post (below yours)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by 9Ace: 7:03am On Apr 14, 2015
For real? *yimu*

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by ibkgab001: 7:04am On Apr 14, 2015
Most people from shout shout are somehow clueless who is this Tamalako west self
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by busky101(m): 7:04am On Apr 14, 2015
If he can do just this and make the dollar go back to 150 plus remove the hefty tax on car importation, then definitely he is gonna stay in power longer than he expected.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by vanunu: 7:06am On Apr 14, 2015
Useless talk from a mad man. Only foools will believe this mad prof.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by TeamSimple(m): 7:07am On Apr 14, 2015
vanunu:
Useless talk from a mad man. Only foools will believe this mad prof.
Some people already hating on this thread coz the prof's name has WEST in it.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by adioolayi(m): 7:09am On Apr 14, 2015
Don't let us run the rat race....Raising our hope as high as this may not do us good
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by refreshrate: 7:10am On Apr 14, 2015
This man nor dey tire? After now he will come and sey we should not expect miracle

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by nigerianvenom(m): 7:11am On Apr 14, 2015
barcanista:
Wow, very impressive. We shall be keeping tab on this!!! I won't fail to cheer the government if/when this is achieved

u know its impossible.
where will they get the money to act such magic?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road / Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM / EFCC Swoops On Diezani’s Residence In Abuja As Ex-minister Is Arrested In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.