Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West (53429 Views)

"Saraki Will Reduce Your Punishment If You Apologise" - Melaye Tells Ndume / Financial Crisis: “we Will Reduce Workers’ Salaries, Retrench Or Restructure” – / Why Petrol Price Can’t Go To N40 Now — IPMAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by tmtech: 8:41am On Apr 14, 2015
Some of u criticizing d move have pluasible excuses. However, prof west is not a novice, he kinda know more dan we all do, he was also once there... So unless he is a savage trying to sabotage GMB, I think its possible, maybe not as low as #40.... GEJ I beliv had good intentions for naija, buh some bastards messed up his agenda. Imagine how subsidy scam went down, Otedola, dimka, arisekola et al, are still out dia milking d country dry... Corruption is awa biggest challenge, not fall in oil price..............Democracy is all about empowering and protecting the poor, not jst enriching the rich and powerful..... The so called cabals are humans (powerful), buh not invincible... Venezuela is in deep mess too cos of corruption.. No matter how small a country is, if corruption is not checked, the masses will still suffer....... Am optimistic

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by JUBILEE2000: 8:41am On Apr 14, 2015
barcanista:
oga you don't just wake up to cut down or increase the pump price of pms. This has to do with increasing or decreasing the % of government for the subsidy(as the case may be). In the petroleum sector, we have the problem of cabals that import the product and charges the government. These cabals work in tandem with civil servants and other public servants that are in their payroll to ensure that they get their way. If government is to cut the pump price, it means it has to increase %earnings of the cabals to make up for the citizens. Now considering the fall in global oil price and how it affected our revenue, and the effect it will have on our relative scarce resources, do you think increament in the subsidy is feasible?

The only solution is total removal BUT you have to put paliatives in place to reduce the resultant pains(whicj will be temporary) and then build refineries to be run by private firms or jointly wt government(considering how we poorly manage our own). The problem here is that the same cabals will do all within their powers to sabotage the effort to build refineries. Also, the public income may not be able to service it, the option left will be loan-which comes with its resultant effect. What happens "if" the money is mismanaged or diverted?

Importantly, how feasible will this be considering the numerous "unrealistic" social programs/proposals of the Buhari incoming administration?

The cabals you are talking about are not faceless. no group of persons no matter how powerful will hold this country to ransom anymore!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by agarawu23(m): 8:42am On Apr 14, 2015
barcanista:
oga you don't just wake up to cut down or increase the pump price of pms. This has to do with increasing or decreasing the % of government for the subsidy(as the case may be). In the petroleum sector, we have the problem of cabals that import the product and charges the government. These cabals work in tandem with civil servants and other public servants that are in their payroll to ensure that they get their way. If government is to cut the pump price, it means it has to increase %earnings of the cabals to make up for the citizens. Now considering the fall in global oil price and how it affected our revenue, and the effect it will have on our relative scarce resources, do you think increament in the subsidy is feasible?

The only solution is total removal BUT you have to put paliatives in place to reduce the resultant pains(whicj will be temporary) and then build refineries to be run by private firms or jointly wt government(considering how we poorly manage our own). The problem here is that the same cabals will do all within their powers to sabotage the effort to build refineries. Also, the public income may not be able to service it, the option left will be loan-which comes with its resultant effect. What happens "if" the money is mismanaged or diverted?

Importantly, how feasible will this be considering the numerous "unrealistic" social programs/proposals of the Buhari incoming administration?
you will alws defend your Boss. pls help me ask him why he couldn't make our refineries work
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by midolian(m): 8:42am On Apr 14, 2015
Brugo:

I hope the prices of goods will drop as well. You know how greedy Nigerians are. They will want to make mad profit. I wish there would be a way to ensure all round reduction in prices of commodities.
yea, there is a body that ensures that consumers are not exploited..I hope it works well under the incoming government
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by tunnary(m): 8:44am On Apr 14, 2015
Them stil dey trust politicians? Its only fools they can deceived over nd over again. Politicians r d most trickish peopl on earth, they r d source of fraud in nigeria!
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by channelz: 8:46am On Apr 14, 2015
cy4cent:
in as much as we want change, some persons shouldn't be saying things the general has not

promised, thereby raising unnecessary expectations.
we will be glad if it happens but let it come from him, n let him be inaugurated first!!!
You're so on point. You just spelt out the opposition's agenda. This is just the beginning.

Buhari Didn't Appoint Me To Head Any Transition Committee - Bakare

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by shammah1(m): 8:46am On Apr 14, 2015
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by Deko1(m): 8:47am On Apr 14, 2015
cheesy aborbi no dey yarn me big big talk... I no wan hear again ooo grin aborbi no dey yarn me big big talk... Chairman, i no wan hear again ooo
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by Deko1(m): 8:48am On Apr 14, 2015
cheesy aborbi no dey yarn me big big talk... I no wan hear again ooo grin aborbi no dey yarn me big big talk... Chairman, i no wan hear again ooo... Dis country wey we dey e no be bobo, ah bobo juice.
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 14, 2015
ibkgab001:
Most people from shout shout are somehow clueless who is this Tamalako west self
Please do you mean to say "South-south" ? ...waiting for your reply curiously.
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by Bloggz74(m): 8:49am On Apr 14, 2015
[quote author=midolian post=32698640]If this happens, Nigerians will never forget the favor, because this will bring about a fall in prices of goods, commodities and services..I jst imagined me boarding a cab for #20 again, buying things @ a price much cheaper than they are now ..it feels great!

*i pray say make e affect subscription price sef sad *

Fuel #40 and he will be paying subsidy of #200b every week leaving the infrastructures in commatos?

What kind of economic policy is that? I
U guys better watch it ooooo
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by Scholes007(m): 8:49am On Apr 14, 2015
JUBILEE2000:

The cabals you are talking about are not faceless. no group of persons no matter how powerful will hold this country to ransom anymore!!!!
i waiting for "I cannot reduce oil price the system is too corrupt but am hopeful we will stop corruption in our second term
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by Deko1(m): 8:49am On Apr 14, 2015
tunnary:
Them stil dey trust politicians? Its only fools they can deceived over nd over again. Politicians r d most trickish peopl on earth, they r d source of fraud in nigeria!
... At least 1 person 4 nairaland get sense... kiss
tunnary:
... At least 1 person 4 nairaland get sense...
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by asiwajumi(m): 8:49am On Apr 14, 2015
midolian:
If this happens, Nigerians will never forget the favor, because this will bring about a fall in prices of goods, commodities and services..I jst imagined me boarding a cab for #20 again, buying things @ a price much cheaper than they are now ..it feels great!

*i pray say make e affect subscription price sef sad *

Buhari, take us back to the good old days, pleeease. cry
bro we still have #20 cab in ibadan. Quote me if I'm wrong.like it if right
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by anonimi: 8:50am On Apr 14, 2015
Bhella5:
Stop insulting the President Elect please! That era has passed. Thank you!

Cc. Lalastical

Did you not hear that what is good for the goose is also good for the gander? In short as we yorubas say, na as monkey head be na so baboon head too be.

So be ready for plenty plenty insult for your Agunmaniye, tall & dull Buhari, the certificate-less old pensioner grin cheesy grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2186240_screenshot20150306173409_jpeg27f4e4cf7d7e70394ef68ff9d8198770

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2186238_sickness2bcollage1_jpeg2dee8778f7c10e5e1b3f285940bcb5e2

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by Franzeez(m): 8:50am On Apr 14, 2015
That's good, good Promises made by Buhari. At least by ending of July this should be implemented.

Thank God
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by sonnel: 8:54am On Apr 14, 2015
midolian:
beyond redemption? Grow up abeg...I hate pessimists
d system is corrupt. The people wey sponsor buhari self no holy
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by Dpearlz: 8:56am On Apr 14, 2015
barcanista:
I Read your second to last paragraph and laughed.

See, it is like you don't understand the politics of oil subsidy and people involved. (Please get the list of importers of pms and know who they are).

This is how it works. They import pmss and present invoice to the government for payment. The government may want to "verify" by appointing an Agency to vet them. The Agency is made of appointed public officers and career civil servants. Most of these people are puppet of the importers aka "cabals". They give these importers clean bill of health and present their case to the government. The government will be left with no choice but to honor their invoice. Now, if the government refuses to pay, the cabals will deliberately refuse to release the product to local marketers and depots. There arise "fuel scarcity" and hike in pump price. People will protest. Nupeng/penganssan will strike, the civil society will protest, the NASS will pass resolution compelling the government to comply..lol, the government will be taught bitter lesson by the time they are made to appear unpopular. You can't "cut" their pay by executive fiat, the repersursion is worse.

Mind you, there are also cabinet members, powerful party officials and even foreigners that are making huge fortune via this subsidy.

This is so true. It will be very hard for this country to move forward with each individual focussing on "today" only. To get rid of these cabals and this "evil" fuel subsidy scam, We need to go through some hard times. It is the duty of the government to provide ways to mitigate the effects of these hard times.
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by tmtech: 8:56am On Apr 14, 2015
Haters will always hate..... Untill d man assume power, I cannot critize him...........
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by Topmost2015(m): 8:59am On Apr 14, 2015
If this is achieved, then the past rulers can be refered to as thieves, wicked and Muntulas.
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 14, 2015
Tongue in cheek?
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by bashydemy(m): 9:02am On Apr 14, 2015
ademega:
These are the people that will give this man serious problem. Who send him this kind of talk naw ? Too early for all thses .
This are the people who know GMB very well and know what he can do, Remember He was a minister of petroleum under GMB back then ...
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by Rick9(m): 9:02am On Apr 14, 2015
Fuel should be N10 / Litre we have enough oil na.
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by harry509: 9:05am On Apr 14, 2015
AKPOSbaba:

SOURCE..http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/buharill-reduce-petrol-to-n40l-david-west/
if this eventually happen, and also build new refineries den we nigerian's wil support him till jesus kum. wink
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by onatisi(m): 9:06am On Apr 14, 2015
Bhella5:

Stop insulting the President Elect please! That era has passed. Thank you!

Cc. Lalastical
abeg keep quiet and stop crying like baby. When you were insulting a sitting president,his wife and family, that era didn't pass then, abi? But ppl can't insult a president elect who hasn't even been sworn in yet?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by Demdem(m): 9:07am On Apr 14, 2015
barcanista:
Wow, very impressive. We shall be keeping tab on this!!! I won't fail to cheer the government if/when this is achieved

am waiting for u to come back and tell me that its part of the Generals promise.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by 9jatatafo(m): 9:09am On Apr 14, 2015
Magic wand! Is our refineries working? I wish Sai Buhari can remove that scam called fuel subsidy.
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by 989900: 9:09am On Apr 14, 2015
Obviously, any well-meaning government that comes in, should make building new refineries and making sure the existing ones are performing at full capacity, a priority!

That will automatically reduce pump price and dollar exchange rate.

As long as we continue to import finished petroleum products, it will be "same ol'".
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by princesslucy83: 9:10am On Apr 14, 2015
Tomorrow Buhari will say he can`t do that , una don start?

Chilling to see what magic this man will perform with all this people around him. hmmmmm
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by Bhella5(m): 9:14am On Apr 14, 2015
[quote author=anonimi post=32702154]

Did you not hear that what is good for the goose is also good for the gander? In short as we yorubas say, na as monkey head be na so baboon head too be.

So be ready for plenty plenty insult for your Agunmaniye, tall & dull Buhari, the certificate-less old pensioner grin cheesy grin
Ok contunu... Silence is the best answer for a fool
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by millionaireman: 9:14am On Apr 14, 2015
This professor and one-time oil minister sacked by born to rule because of gift of wrist watch given to him by a foreign company, so you still de campaign?

When petrol comes down to 40 Naira per litre, smugglers across the border may even make petrol difficult to be obtained at Nigerian petrol stations.
Re: Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West by mmsen: 9:15am On Apr 14, 2015
ademega:
These are the people that will give this man serious problem. Who send him this kind of talk naw ? Too early for all thses .

Same as the claim that 1 naira will equal 1 us dollar.

The same as promising 5000 a month for the unemployed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Motorcyclists In Cameroon Protest Against Removal Of Petrol Subsidy In Nigeria / No Retreat, No Surrender - Dino Melaye Says, As He Shares ‘Detention’ Photo / Exercise Crocodile Smile In Lagos By Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.