Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,070 members, 7,828,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Good To Be Black - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Good To Be Black (921 Views)

…fuel Problem Used To Be Black Market But Now We Have Black Stations – Oyedepo / 'I Didn't Want To Be Black. So I Joined The Skinheads' -adewale Akinnuoye-agbaje / Dangerous Time To Be Black In Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good To Be Black by sexyLeamon(f): 5:39am On Jan 29, 2009
Obama the 1st Black President.
Lewis Hamilton, the first Black Formula 1 champion.
Will Smith, the world’s highest paid Black actor.
Tiger Woods, the Black world golf champion.
How times change, it’s a real good time to be black, 

Poor old Michael Jackson – he must be kicking himself right now! grin grin
Re: Good To Be Black by Pepeye(f): 7:37am On Jan 29, 2009
Lol how about Oprah Winfrey

she’s on the list of 10 richest women in the world
Re: Good To Be Black by jamace(m): 7:55am On Jan 29, 2009
Indeed! Black is it! cool
Re: Good To Be Black by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 29, 2009
why is it a big deal?
Re: Good To Be Black by SeanT21(f): 9:00am On Jan 29, 2009
I am always happy to be black!!

Wont change it for the world! wink
Re: Good To Be Black by Pepeye(f): 9:22am On Jan 29, 2009
Proud to be Black
Re: Good To Be Black by gbolah1(m): 11:28am On Jan 29, 2009
We black are more intellectual than white, only our upbringing that is poor, anyway am proud to be an African from Nigeria even southwest smiley
Re: Good To Be Black by JustGood(m): 12:43pm On Jan 29, 2009
have you done your own little bit to make other black people proud?
Re: Good To Be Black by Mpele(m): 12:52pm On Jan 29, 2009
Ag come on, do we have to celebrate every little thing that a black person archieves. How is the fact that Oprah is a billionare gonna help all those poor blacks around the world. But hey, have to agree, blacks are the greates sports persons. All the greates of each and every sensible sports are blacks.

Football- Pele, Ronaldinho, Eusebio.

Cricket- Brian Lara

Rugby- Jonah Lomu

Athletics- Usain Bolt, Michael Johnson

Golf- Tiger Woods

Boxing- Mohammed Ali, Mike Tyson
Re: Good To Be Black by server34(m): 1:10pm On Jan 29, 2009
How does the list of black celebrities make u proud to be black? I mean u could have stated other reasons to be proud. Wat about the white celebrities? Does a white man say "I am proud to be white", and starts listing Bill Gates, Isaac Newton, David Beckham, . . . . ?
Re: Good To Be Black by JJYOU: 1:56pm On Jan 29, 2009
gbola h:

We black are more intellectual than white, only our upbringing that is poor, anyway am proud to be an African from Nigeria even southwest smiley
who told you this? what do you have to show for statements like this?
you want to spoil a beautiful thread with words like this you possibly cant justify
Re: Good To Be Black by Kobojunkie: 2:00pm On Jan 29, 2009
That you felt the need to open a thread on nairaland politics area to boost your self esteem makes me wonder if you are really proud that you are black, or just trying hard here to make yourself feel better because of the accomplishments of others who happen to be black. Just something to think about.

Really puzzling to me how the very same people who go around screaming of being discriminated against for their skin color, turn around to be some of the very ones who happen to glorify the differences in skin color every which where they go. again. . . just my observation
Re: Good To Be Black by debosky(m): 2:05pm On Jan 29, 2009
Kobojunkie:

That you felt the need to open a thread on nairaland politics area to boost your self esteem makes me wonder if you are really proud that you are black, or just trying hard here to make yourself feel better because of the accomplishments of others who happen to be black. Just something to think about.

Really puzzling to me how the very same people who go around screaming of being discriminated against for their skin color, turn around to be some of the very ones who happen to glorify the difference in skin color every which where they go. again. . . just my observation

'Observation' indeed - for someone always screaming her head off about people 'assuming to know' what she is thinking and her motives, you do a pretty good job of guessing someone's motives. Closet hypocrisy if you ask me. again. . . just my observation.
Re: Good To Be Black by BOSS7: 2:06pm On Jan 29, 2009
There's absolutely no reason for this thread. It smacks of hypocrisy. You're black, I'm black - so what? How does that affect the price of fish? Afterall, there's a billion other blacks out there.

(1) (Reply)

Naija Voodoo / The Man Behind The Nigeria Yaradua Crisis / Where Was Obansanjo During The Burial Ceremony Of Former President Yaradua?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.