Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,609 members, 7,820,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

After The Dress Saga, The Cat Conundrum, It's Cheryl's Birthday! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / After The Dress Saga, The Cat Conundrum, It's Cheryl's Birthday! (895 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With The Dress She Wore To Church? [photo] / Can You Find The Cat In This Pix?i / The Dress That Got The World Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

After The Dress Saga, The Cat Conundrum, It's Cheryl's Birthday! by sammoe(m): 8:21pm On Apr 14, 2015
Here's this piece culled from NY Times:

A couple of months ago, it was a color-changing dress that blew out the neural circuits of the Internet . Though it may not have quite the mass appeal, this week it is a math problem that is making bushels of brains hurt. It started with a posting on Facebook,
by Kenneth Kong, a television host in Singapore.
From there, people around the world have been trying to figure out Cheryl’s birthday, or at least wondering why she couldn’t she just save everyone a lot of trouble and be more direct with Albert and Bernard?
The wording of the problem is terrible, so here is a clearer version, which makes some of the assumptions more obvious but which does not
change any of the underlying logic of
the problem:
Albert and Bernard just met Cheryl. “When’s your birthday?” Albert asked Cheryl. Cheryl thought a second and said, “I’m not going to tell you, but I’ll give you some clues.” She wrote down a list of 10 dates:
May 15 — May 16 — May 19
June 17 — June 18
July 14 — July 16
August 14 — August 15 — August 17
“My birthday is one of these,” she said.
Then Cheryl whispered in Albert’s ear the month — and only the month — of her birthday. To Bernard, she whispered the day, and only the day.
“Can you figure it out now?” she asked Albert.
Albert: I don’t know when your birthday is, but I know Bernard doesn’t know, either.
Bernard: I didn’t know originally, but now I do.
Albert: Well, now I know, too!
When is Cheryl’s birthday?

Do YOU know?
Re: After The Dress Saga, The Cat Conundrum, It's Cheryl's Birthday! by sammoe(m): 8:22pm On Apr 14, 2015
Answer's in a bit.

Meanwhile...
Re: After The Dress Saga, The Cat Conundrum, It's Cheryl's Birthday! by Rolandken(m): 8:03pm On Apr 16, 2015
July 16

(1) (Reply)

Must Do This Before You Hit 35 Years . / Barcanista:- A Piece Of Advice. / Top Ten Medical Apps For Medical Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.