Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,769 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position (2478 Views)

Wike Blasts Amaechi In Church: We're Starting Projects Afresh Because You Looted / Fayose: I’m Qualified For Vice President Position In 2019 / This Is Wickedness! See Amaechi In Dustbin(pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position by uzomarinze11: 7:01am On Apr 15, 2015
The All Progressives Congress (APC) are
now having issues as they try and figure
out which gladiators will take valuable
position in the nation.
According to This Day sources deep in the
APC, The APC have three political blocs
within them, which won the March 28,
2015 presidential election and secured
majority seats in both the Senate and
House of Representatives.
These blocks are said to be, the Buhari/
Northern bloc which is made up of the
president-elect and his supporters who
have been with him for 12 years and
collapsed their structures into the APC
during the merger process; the Tinubu/
South-west bloc led by former Lagos State
Governor, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu;
and the former Peoples Democratic Party
(PDP) governors who decamped to APC in
2013 led by Rivers State Governor
Chibuike Amaechi and Senator Bukola
Saraki.
The battle for political positions is now
being championed by these three blocs.
The Tinubu bloc is said be behind Senate
Minority Leader, Senator George Akume,
for the office of the Senate President
while the Amaechi bloc is pushing hard
for the emergence of Saraki.
One source deep in the camp revealed
that Akume has the backing of Tinubu
and his group which is believed to be the
strongest bloc in the party, but may not
have the number in the Senate to push
through their goal.
The bloc has three reasons why they want
Akume in the position.
First, he said Akume has been with
Tinubu’s group since its days in the ACN,
culminating in his emergence as the
Senate minority leader.
Second, he said Akume is senior to Saraki
in the Senate having been in the Senate
since 2007 while Saraki became a senator
in 2011.
Third, the source said Tinubu and his men
understand Akume far better than Saraki
whom he said is not close to the bigwigs
in the group like Akume.
“The Tinubu group is backing Akume
because Saraki seems to be more or less
an outsider (to the group). Besides,
Akume has long been in ACN and he is a
senior to Saraki. He is also better
understood by Asiwaju than Saraki,” the
source said.
We also learnt that one other factor not in
Saraki’s favour is his tribe as a Yoruba
man though geographically located in
Kwara in North-central Nigeria.
However, The APC think they would have
a tough time selling a Yoruba Senate
President to the Nation due to the vice-
president-elect, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, is
also a Yoruba man from Ogun State in the
South-west.
A source added that it would be a hard
sell for two Yoruba men to become
number two and three citizens
respectively even though they are from
different geopolitical zones.
Despite this, Amaechi’s group want Saraki
in the position, Meanwhile the agitation
of North-east senators to produce the
Senate President is said to have had the
backing of former Vice-President Atiku
Abubakar.
The senators had demanded the APC zone
the position to their region saying they
are the most marginalised zone in the
country.
This position is being supported by
former Gombe State Governor, Danjuma
Goje, who represents Gombe Central in
the Senate and his counterparts in Yobe
East and Yobe North, Bukka Abba Ibrahim
and Ahmed Lawan respectively.
A senator from the South-west, Professor
Olusola Adeyeye (Osun Central), has also
indicated interest in the race.
We also learnt that given the interest by
different contenders for the office, it may
be difficult for the power brokers in APC
to reach a consensus with the gladiators
on who would become the next Senate
President.
Hence, a source said if a stalemate
prevails, there may be a repeat of the
episode in the House of Representatives
in 2011 when members of the House
opted to elect their speaker and deputy in
violation of the ruling PDP zoning agenda
which had zoned the two offices to South-
west and North-east respectively.
It was against this background that Aminu
Tambuwal from the North-west and
Emeka Ihedioha from the South-east
emerged the Speaker and Deputy
Speaker, respectively.
Given the emerging scenario, a source
told us that the Senate might be forced to
decide who leads them through an
election that is based on the coalition
built by each of the contenders for the
post of Senate President among their
colleagues.
The Senate president position had been
held by David Mark but as the APC are
now the majority, they have to find one of
their own.

Source: http://www.starsgist.com/tinubu-and-amaechi-clash-over-senate-president-position/

1 Like

Re: Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position by tos4u(m): 7:06am On Apr 15, 2015
I only pity them, hope these bunch of thieves will not spoil the Generals regime, as they begin to fight now when the President elect is yet to be sworn in.... Anyway lets the play begin..........
Re: Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position by tos4u(m): 7:08am On Apr 15, 2015
Anyway i trust the General he knows how to put every fucking tom n jerry in their various cages, they should keep deceiving themselves as if they own Nigeria
Re: Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position by gare(f): 7:14am On Apr 15, 2015
What is Ameachi fighting for when APC does not have any senator from Rivers state, how would he convince other senators from other state, his state lost woefully in both elections, he should go and sit down Saraki should look for someone else to support him, if not he has lost that position
Re: Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position by galadima77(m): 7:15am On Apr 15, 2015
whatever they do os ok, i never like David's style of leadership which condoled corruption, Then d benue ppl tot he'd be a life president.....yeye dey smell
Re: Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position by dealslip(f): 7:19am On Apr 15, 2015
If Buhari loves himself, he had better return whatever this guys spent on his campaign. These greedy and pretentious men will surely blackmail and disturb him. They don't love Nigeria they only love Power.
Re: Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position by XBLadez: 7:20am On Apr 15, 2015
I knew it would come to this. Th1efnubu would always want to reap more than what he sow. His campaign for Pa Buhari was not for nothing.
Amaechi too has been rejected by the gods of Rivers state, now he's seeking refuge in the judiciary

1 Like

Re: Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position by go4value(m): 7:22am On Apr 15, 2015
Akume all the way.. .

GLO IS THE BEST NETWORK.... I glo with pride
Re: Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position by san316(m): 7:24am On Apr 15, 2015
I remember such gossips coming out during the merger process. In the end, everything will be resolved and everybody will be happy. APC is stronger than what the PDP think.

Such things are not unexpected among politicians. What matters is how they resolve it.

2 Likes

Re: Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position by Chanchit: 7:34am On Apr 15, 2015
Jagaban woRks like a strategist, he has valid reasons why Akume should be there while others are doing it for he's from our region sake.
JagabAn is doing all this for the love of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position by amakaobiemeka: 7:39am On Apr 15, 2015
Op the only wahala that exist is in ur satanic mind! This is a federal body of different regions and tribes, there are always bond to be different interest as it is even in a family of ordinary 3. But truth is apc always comes to a consesus. What happened in the choice of its vp which took weeks shows that, they were calm and decided on consesus while pdp like u were saying it would split them. The national convention and choice of presidential flagbearer showed it again, and it was excellent with atiku and kwawaso even friends with gmb than b4. If those two bigest storm never stoped them, a common senate slot where they just have to settle for a man wont. Many were sure apc wont last a year and asked to be bastards. Nothing can stop them again! No hope for pdp, apc would even grow stronger in the next 6months

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position by smada13(m): 7:48am On Apr 15, 2015
@OP, and u say this is wahala It's normal for things like this to come up but as they solved their party primary issues, I'm sure they'll sort this out too. they are all too matured and enlightened to be having big probs over this...
Re: Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position by jesse8048(m): 7:55am On Apr 15, 2015
When personal interest over-rule, the masses will suffer.

1 Like

Re: Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position by modath(f): 8:17am On Apr 15, 2015
Trust the saTANs to always look for ways to undermine the unity of the Party. If the choice of a flagbearer and the VP didn't divide the party,the consensus on who should be the SP will not, worst case Bukola Saraki will be given the senate leader and everyone will go home happy.

The quicker you people come to terms with GMB being your president and APC being in charge for the next four years the better for your collective psyches.
Re: Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position by Texcoco(m): 8:34am On Apr 15, 2015
The gathering of the storm set to tear APC apart.... il-est un trés filet.

2 Likes

Re: Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position by Segadem(m): 8:38am On Apr 15, 2015
Let the peace reign
Re: Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position by reborn1: 8:39am On Apr 15, 2015
Beer room gist. Trashhhhhhh.
Re: Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position by Greatpooss(m): 8:42am On Apr 15, 2015
I knew before now that there's going to be dispute among APC leaders because of their selfish interests. It's gonna be a season film!

1 Like

Re: Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position by frankyychiji(f): 9:16am On Apr 15, 2015
dealslip:
If Buhari loves himself, he had better return whatever this guys spent on his campaign. These greedy and pretentious men will surely blackmail and disturb him. They don't love Nigeria they only love Power.
Please how does your general return the billions of dollars spent by these rogues on his campaign from the proceeds of his 150cows?? shocked shocked shocked
I hope you are not telling us that your general will sooner or later begin to dip his hand into the treasury.
Re: Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position by dealslip(f): 10:06am On Apr 15, 2015
frankyychiji:
Please how does your general return the billions of dollars spent by these rogues on his campaign from the proceeds of his 150cows?? shocked shocked shocked
I hope you are not telling us that your general will sooner or later begin to dip his hand into the treasury.

Unfortunately, I am no fan of GMB. I have being a critic of GMB and APC. Since he is the president elect and whatever decision he takes under the influence of the new cabal will affect me, hence my comments. How he intends to return their fund is left to him.

1 Like

Re: Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position by frankyychiji(f): 8:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
dealslip:

Unfortunately, I am no fan of GMB. I have being a critic of GMB and APC. Since he is the president elect and whatever decision he takes under the influence of the new cabal will affect me, hence my comments. How he intends to return their fund is left to him.
Ok. I appreciate your concern.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Think That Nigeria Is A Rich Country? / The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population / ISIS Film A CHILD Carrying Out A Beheading For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.