Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population (2482 Views)

Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede / Igboland Is Not Landlocked / Relocate Boko Haram Prisoners Out Of Igboland Now - Ohaneze Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by Ikengawo: 1:06am On Jul 04, 2015
At the World Igbo Congress last year, we discussed the population politics of Nigeria. We spoke on how the Hausa have taken population as their strategic stake in dominance over the Nigerian politics sphere. A debate broke out on whether to Igbos should follow suit.

I promptly disagreed because I believe anything the north is doing should be avoided like the plague. I argued that the weakness of the Nigerian state makes seeking political power a worthless ambition. While you have the ability to make appointments and frustrate others marginally, Nigeria is a largely lawless country that is in essence on auto-pilot. Nobody is really in control and if the government as a whole disappeared tomorrow, absolutely no where would change other than Abuja.

I said that instead let the Hausa produce 9 children each but let us find a way to make every 1 Igbo child equal to 100 hausa children. This has been done in the west where the average western child has a better more structured and useful grasp on power and knowledge than countries like India where population has flattened hopes of holistic development.

This is done by making sure the Igbo child continues to be the best trained, best equip, best educated individual in Nigeria.
To make sure that rural training is on par to that in the west.
To make sure that the child understands the importance of mental fortitude, long term planning, and resourcefulness
Then the make sure that every child has access to resources needed to make themselves who they wanted to be.

I stated that rural education is more important than urban education and that we should assure that rural learning is on par with or superior to what's in the West.
I stated that on top of a formal education that creates a balanced, creativity, motivated, confident and focused individual lets make sure that nobody leaves primary school without a skill.

a skill that they can turn into a business without any seed capital and an education that allows them to systematically conquer with that set skill. Children should for example know how to build a car, a house, a factory, a farm, a weapons, and perform basically medical care at the end of primary school to supplement their traditional education.
Then fuse the polytechnics with our secondary schools to further build on this.

Most importantly let NO igbo child believe himself to be a job seeker. To make 1 Igbo child the equivalent of 100 others, teach each child to be an employer, not an employee. By the time he builds his factory, he'll need 100 employees, by which the hausa are busy producing for us.
by the time he builds his commercial farm, he'll need 100 laborers, by which the others are busy producing for us. The igbo don't believe in 'dominating' others and this has never been a part of our culture of social and political balance, but we're under siege in Nigeria and should see survival not as a matter of being citizens in a country, but a military fort under siege and bombardment. We're surrounded by enemies and should think accordingly. The US has maintained military supremacy by building single weapons that are greater than whole armies (drones, aircraft carriers, nuclear bombs). They're not racing anyone to have the 'largest' army, but the best trained, best equip, best educated.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by Ikengawo: 1:07am On Jul 04, 2015
Many of you will be the leaders of the east tomorrow. So remember.
Best trained
Best equipped
Best educated

3 Likes

Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by mmsen: 1:11am On Jul 04, 2015
I like your ideas but should you not extend them to your fellow brothers in the south?

Most of them share your same ambition and ability to reason.
Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by slowice(m): 1:12am On Jul 04, 2015
Op this is good n I love your idea of making 1igbo child equal to........very brilliant idea

Bt you for no share am here naw lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by Ikengawo: 1:17am On Jul 04, 2015
Everyone wants to be rich, regardless of tribe, and the Igbo excel at becoming so due to our culture and natural acumen.
Still, being rich for no reason is the same as being poor. This is an undisciplined wealth. Undisciplined wealth is the reason many of our rich today are poor tomorrow. The reason men that have governed entire states still beg for positions. The reason a village can be crawling with mansions and dirt roads at the same time.

If you're rich for a reason, you're rich forever. My intention is to develop my own village outside of government. To line the streets with solar power, modernize the schools, modernize the markets, waste disposal, dam resident rivers, and establish independent power supply. Once others see this done, their natural pride as Igbo men and women will force them to do the same to their own homes because we have a hard time being out done.

When we turn this discomfort with being outdone into a part of our own strategy. This is discipline. When we have this same attitude (which we always will) without discipline, then we start trying to tear each other down instead of building each other or ourselves up. Because our politicians have no discipline, Okorocha has changed parties every 3 years and is a pauper in all, Obi has left the APGA he developed and jumped into a dying PDP while APGA is winning seats in the middle belt and SS and PDP is losing them. Because of their quest to be rich without reason, or powerful without reason, they're left as children in their respective political spheres, running around looking for a parent to keep feeding them.

Let this mentality die with the dying generation. A man of wealth doesn't need to beg other wealth men for anything.

3 Likes

Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by Starships4u(m): 1:19am On Jul 04, 2015
Sorry dint read.....

1 Like

Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by Nobody: 1:22am On Jul 04, 2015
Starships4u:
Sorry dint read.....
Are u yellowbar?

1 Like

Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by Ikengawo: 1:25am On Jul 04, 2015
slowice:
Op this is good n I love your idea of making 1igbo child equal to........very brilliant idea

I can share it because no other tribe is organized enough to 'steal it'. And if they do we should welcome it as competition. It's inevitable that we'll do better than the rest of Nigeria. The only thing holding us back at this point is comparing ourselves with the rest of Nigeria. If our roads have sidewalks we well say 'My city has sidewalks while the north or the west doesn't, we're doing well", then in the face of the Japanese who's sidewalks are laced with life enhancing technology, we still have nothing.

So lets compete with the people we should be competing with. This mentality isn't 'held secret' among the great nations and we must join those great nations and stop seeing ourselves as a 'tribe' in 'Nigeria' but as a nation on this earth. How can 60 million people call themselves a tribe?

[size=14pt]tribe
trīb/
[/size]
a social division in a traditional society consisting of families or communities linked by social, economic, religious, or blood ties, with a common culture and dialect, typically having a recognized leader.

There's nothing about Ndigbo that makes them fit the definition of a tribe. We're going to stop seeing ourselves as a tribe in Nigeria like Yoruba or Bini, and start seeing ourselves as a nation like German, Japanese, Persian etc.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by tpiander: 1:32am On Jul 04, 2015
what a dangerous way of reasoning.

slowice:

whether he shares it here or not, does it matter?
Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by tpiander: 1:38am On Jul 04, 2015
the average western child has a better more structured and useful grasp on power and knowledge than countries like India where population has flattened hopes of holistic development.

oh really.

[img]http://www.constructionweekonline.in/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/02/ncr.jpg[/img]

[img]http://cdn.narendramodi.in/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/blog-040213-inner1.jpg[/img]
Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by tpiander: 1:38am On Jul 04, 2015
is the op actually Igbo or just pretending to be?
Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by cheruv: 2:08am On Jul 04, 2015
Ikengawo:

I can share it because no other tribe is organized enough to 'steal it'. And if they do we should welcome it as competition. It's inevitable that we'll do better than the rest of Nigeria. The only thing holding us back at this point is comparing ourselves with the rest of Nigeria. If our roads have sidewalks we well say 'My city has sidewalks while the north or the west doesn't, we're doing well", then in the face of the Japanese who's sidewalks are laced with life enhancing technology, we still have nothing.

So lets compete with the people we should be competing with. This mentality isn't 'held secret' among the great nations and we must join those great nations and stop seeing ourselves as a 'tribe' in 'Nigeria' but as a nation on this earth. How can 60 million people call themselves a tribe?

[size=14pt]tribe
trīb/
[/size]
a social division in a traditional society consisting of families or communities linked by social, economic, religious, or blood ties, with a common culture and dialect, typically having a recognized leader.

There's nothing about Ndigbo that makes them fit the definition of a tribe. We're going to stop seeing ourselves as a tribe in Nigeria like Yoruba or Bini, and start seeing ourselves as a nation like German, Japanese, Persian etc.

Igbos are like the Germans.. but we're yet to achieve what they achieved
Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by Ikengawo: 2:09am On Jul 04, 2015
cheruv:

Igbos are like the Germans.. but we're yet to achieve what they achieved

very much so, and they did it by being more disciplined than the other nations of europe.
the most punctual
the hardest working
the least to borrow
the most likely to save
the most entrepreneurial
and the most scientific

if you're reading start first with disciplining yourself, the people around you will follow suit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by carnegiefan: 4:08am On Jul 04, 2015
Very smart suggestion @OP

1 Like

Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by tpiander: 5:31am On Jul 04, 2015
Most importantly let NO igbo child believe himself to be a job seeker. To make 1 Igbo child the equivalent of 100 others, teach each child to be an employer, not an employee. By the time he builds his factory, he'll need 100 employees, by which the hausa are busy producing for us.
by the time he builds his commercial farm, he'll need 100 laborers, by which the others are busy producing for us.

wishful thinking and smacks of semi literacy.
Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by Yujin(m): 6:38am On Jul 04, 2015
Vision and discipline are the key words here nwanne. We can do it. The moment we stop comparing ourselves with others around us and look up to more formidable cultures and nations the more respect we earn and the easier it is for others to entrust even their destinies in our hands because they will be rest assured that it can be properly cared for. It starts with us. The likes of T.A Orji should be excommunicated for what he turned Abia state into. Any Igbo leader who acts clannishly should be cautioned. If we must achieve our potential then we must do away with parochial politics. We must integrate our people and harness our collective power to develop and equip our land.
Nice concept once again

1 Like

Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by tpiander: 6:44am On Jul 04, 2015
Yujin:
the easier it is for others to entrust even their destinies in our hands

na wa o.

undecided

cant blame you sha, smh.
Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by chinae(m): 6:48am On Jul 04, 2015
tpiander:

oh really.

comprehension!
western world nd not western Nigeria. made references to India after that.

1 Like

Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by Idrismusty97(m): 7:16am On Jul 04, 2015
There's nothing about Ndigbo that makes them fit the definition of a tribe. We're going to stop seeing ourselves as a tribe in Nigeria like Yoruba or Bini, and start seeing ourselves as a nation like German, Japanese, Persian etc
This reeks of inferiority complex.

2 Likes

Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 04, 2015
I wonder why you'll say an igbo child is greater than 100 hausa children. Are you insulting the hausas?
Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by AnambraDota: 8:14am On Jul 04, 2015
eighTHREAD:
I wonder why you'll say an igbo child is greater than 100 hausa children. Are you insulting the hausas?

Not just that but a dead Igbowoman is better than a living Yolobaman.

-shun tribalism, its not good

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by tpiander: 8:18am On Jul 04, 2015
Hm, demonic.

I guess the thread is for satanists.
Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by SegunAdewole: 8:25am On Jul 04, 2015
eighTHREAD:

How far my friend?
Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by HopeAtHand: 8:25am On Jul 04, 2015
Make i park here first.
Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by Udmaster(m): 8:27am On Jul 04, 2015
The IGBO tribe are indeed the Hebrews of Africa.. Despite the Hatred, Marginalization, Massacre, Envy etc that the Igbos face. We are Still Progressing and Dominating..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 04, 2015
why is this nonsense not in the ethnic section, lalasticlala
Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by Udmaster(m): 8:33am On Jul 04, 2015
IyaIode:
why is this nonsense not in the ethnic section, lalasticlala
how is it a nonsense? Don't allow hatred of the Igbos do consume you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by LegatusGlaber(m): 8:34am On Jul 04, 2015
The likes of Op, who are ethnic champions, should be banned permanently from this from including their IP.

Methinks Op is not Igbo, but a troll, adept in keyboard warfare and keen on tribal inciting

1 Like

Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 04, 2015
Udmaster:
how is it a nonsense? Don't allow hatred of the Igbos do consume you!
who said anything about hatred, for the rest of us that are not ibo, this thread is nonsense on this section
Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by Humorclux: 8:43am On Jul 04, 2015
Just incase the thread hit FP
Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by Humorclux: 8:49am On Jul 04, 2015
LegatusGlaber:
The likes of Op, who are ethnic champions, should be banned permanently from this from including their IP.

Methinks Op is not Igbo, but a troll, adept in keyboard warfare and keen on tribal inciting

Re: The Future Of Igboland Is In Discipline, Not Population by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 04, 2015
SegunAdewole:

How far my friend?
guy you no dey tire to follow me up and down?
Go get a job.
Oh, I forgot, you already have one. Posting my pix is your job.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Singular Reason Do You Think Is Responsible For Boko Haram / Where Is Barcanista???? / The Secret Sex Abuse Victims Of Bill Clinton

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.