Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Our Teachers Can Lie But They Should Be Brief! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Our Teachers Can Lie But They Should Be Brief! (654 Views)

Zimbabwe High Court Declares That Teachers Can No Longer Flog Students / 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology / 12 Facts That Sound Like A Lie, But Are Actually True (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Teachers Can Lie But They Should Be Brief! by ifetife: 7:45am On Apr 15, 2015
Our teachers can lie, but they should be brief....

Imagine a young teacher who is just 25 years old and has being told to teach AWOISM; Was he there when Chief Obafemi Awolowo was in government. Yet, he will claim that he has read books about AWO and he will do the teaching like he was AWO's Personal Assistant (P.A) when he was alive.

Only a fool knows not that he does not know. Reasons being that he is stereotypic about learning. He believes that learning is a one way thing.

He does not take time to consider the definition of learning that say LEARNING is the relative permanent CHANGES in the behaviour and attitude of a person towards the better of his society and beyond.

The best sets of lies are additions that are always added to some of the past uninteresting theories we learn in schools. Also, the long but interesting stories called histories. In fact, different teachers teach the same history telling different lies... Smiles!

Dear, I think Karl Marx must have being dead by now, when are we going to stop learning Marxism theory? What about Henry Fayol theory of management? Janowits and Huntington theory of military. Or when are we going to stop talking about Existentialism, Pragmatism, Experimentalism amongst other philosophical back ups of Socratic and Plato?

The truth about this is that these theories have being existing for decades and beautiful lies had being dramatically added to them to make them interesting. This is because they are not interesting at all. We only trying to memorise them and later forget. Only some of those true but unrealistic stories are interesting.

Teachers even paint these stories as if they were present in the scenario.

Our teachers should stop telling us lies by making fun out of the odds. We are in the world of practicals and not theories. A world where science is appreciated by technology.

Please and please, we need Pragmatism (things done). We are tired of cramming the olds and modified lies. I am not saying that those theories are not useful, I am only saying that we are in the 21st century and we need practical updates and not theoretically knockdowns.

Our teachers can lie but they should be brief!

i-ifetife i-write i-teach i-act i-lead

Re: Our Teachers Can Lie But They Should Be Brief! by adorablepepple(f): 8:02am On Apr 15, 2015
Toh!
Re: Our Teachers Can Lie But They Should Be Brief! by oluwadanie1(m): 9:00am On Apr 15, 2015
They're not just lying for its sake. they are inspiring us.

(1) (Reply)

See What A BSU Student Did On His Test Script!!! / Brain Teaser Get In Here If You Know Maths Simple Equation / (FUTA) PGD/ & Part-time/ Form 2015/16 Is Still On. School Contact (0 8061335186)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.