Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,549 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Who Can Solve This Simple, Yet Hard Aptitude Test Question - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Who Can Solve This Simple, Yet Hard Aptitude Test Question (83532 Views)

Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test / CITA Petroleum Aptitude Test Invitation / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Can Solve This Simple, Yet Hard Aptitude Test Question by Nobody: 12:57am On Apr 17, 2015
habayommy:
Definitely, the addition of three "young" numbers can give us an even number. grin grin grin

What is "young".
Re: Who Can Solve This Simple, Yet Hard Aptitude Test Question by nembudziya(m): 4:01am On Apr 17, 2015
[quote author=shosomtin post=32786719][/quote]
why me, nigga?
Re: Who Can Solve This Simple, Yet Hard Aptitude Test Question by Kimikazi2: 6:09am On Apr 17, 2015
pkjag:
It's simple base addition let's use base 9:
So 99+99+99=30
Those who have done computer science or electrical engineering will get it, for those who don't, we operate using base10, so for base9 let's all calculations such as 4+4=8 are the same as base10, but when it comes to calculations like
9+9= 20, it's just like base2 where
12+12=10.
You see in base9 the number 9 is the last number, so there's no 10, so when you add the last numbers together you get 20 for arithmetic convenience, how? well in base9 there are 10 numbers: 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 so it'd expected that if you add the tenth number to itself it should give the twentieth number then if you add again it should give the thirtieth number.
You can't 2 write 9 in base 9 so stop the number base jargon
Re: Who Can Solve This Simple, Yet Hard Aptitude Test Question by frankezi: 7:17am On Apr 17, 2015
rattlesnake:
ode

you wey dey yab elder like me fit no know am oh. but u dey beef a sharp guy like me. na u be the Uche sef. tongue
Re: Who Can Solve This Simple, Yet Hard Aptitude Test Question by mob(m): 8:06am On Apr 17, 2015
It's a simple answer..... That is no answer
Reason!!!
because in maths addition of 3 odd number can't give an even number. Only 2 odd numbers can give u an even number. And all d ption given are odd numbers............
Re: Who Can Solve This Simple, Yet Hard Aptitude Test Question by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 17, 2015
Dotunwa:

U did not tell us about the fact that this is a test of reasoning when ure asking the question.
This is a mathematical problem for which we provided theoretical mathematical answers.
Belive me its you dat wrong. If you dont agree with me prove that my answer is mathematicall wrong.

[15] + [15] + [ ] = 30.

Ill await your reply!

Your answer isn't mathematically wrong, bro. But you aren't adhering to the instruction.

You are asked to fill each of the brackets/boxes with the numbers provided...but you only filled two. And remember, zero isn't one of the numbers. Shalom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Can Solve This Simple, Yet Hard Aptitude Test Question by Azeez532(m): 9:04am On Apr 17, 2015
Olucheye:
use another operand within the boxes,

It's as simple as,

[15] + [11] + [{9-5}] = 30

PS: The answer lies within your knowledge of how brackets work.
the negative sign you used in the bracket is an operator and not an operand
Re: Who Can Solve This Simple, Yet Hard Aptitude Test Question by Olucheye(m): 9:34am On Apr 17, 2015
Azeez532:

the negative sign you used in the bracket is an operator and not an operand

thank you for the correction.
Noted!
Re: Who Can Solve This Simple, Yet Hard Aptitude Test Question by kingphilip(m): 12:14pm On Apr 17, 2015
emmyrichie:

Somebody already gave the answer, check the thread (page 4).
we have 32 comments in page 4

Which one r u referring to
Re: Who Can Solve This Simple, Yet Hard Aptitude Test Question by kingphilip(m): 12:17pm On Apr 17, 2015
bahbender:

Funny hw pple just use their brains to over think, when all they need is just understand d simplicity of life.
The question is simple:
"Fill the boxes using (1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15)"
Ans:
[1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15 ] + [1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15 ] + [1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15 ] = 30
NB: at times our too much brain, is what kills us.
-Life is simple
this is another side of it
Re: Who Can Solve This Simple, Yet Hard Aptitude Test Question by Miscellaneous(m): 12:24pm On Apr 18, 2015
jackpot:
[11]+[13]+[6]=30

note: if you turn 9 upside down, you'll get 6. wink

use [ 9 - 3] instead.... u know how bracket works
Re: Who Can Solve This Simple, Yet Hard Aptitude Test Question by formular123triol(m): 7:47pm On Apr 18, 2015
kingphilip:
I think u tried in convincing me a little

But the useless thing about this type of questions is that the person asking d question doesn't know the answer so as to give us a satisfactory answer

Kudos with this
thanks Kingphilip;but on the contrary,have bn used to similar type in my vast experience on iQ questions............................they are mere paradox
Re: Who Can Solve This Simple, Yet Hard Aptitude Test Question by formular123triol(m): 7:55pm On Apr 18, 2015
theAtheist101:

Wrong question. Addition of three old numbers can not give an even number.
that is why its called reasoning,they know that it can't form..............they need ur intelligence.Sometimes,u need to think abstract and extraneous in tackling logic/I.Q problems.
NB:1+1=2 in maths may produce 1+1=11 in logic.It's just a statement of fact and not the truth.So be wary!!!
Re: Who Can Solve This Simple, Yet Hard Aptitude Test Question by formular123triol(m): 8:13pm On Apr 18, 2015
OkunrinMeta:

Oga whats your problem? Why should call somebody a blody liar over something you are ignorant of. Oya prove him wrong. Mumu. Tell me three odd numbers you can add to get an even number?
Hmmmm...................case of a pot calling the kettle black;which is blacker?
Mind you,mr oga,the question didn't state that the unknown digits to be summed are odd numbers.Aren't u a dumb?Must everyone reason like ur 1-way traffic thinking?
For crying out loud,why must u advocate for some1 who understands me better;of whom you know not?................mtcheeeew!
Re: Who Can Solve This Simple, Yet Hard Aptitude Test Question by formular123triol(m): 8:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
theAtheist101:

What is "young".
Young Modulus constant
................Grin............
Re: Who Can Solve This Simple, Yet Hard Aptitude Test Question by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 18, 2015
formular123triol:
that is why its called reasoning,they know that it can't form..............they need ur intelligence.Sometimes,u need to think abstract and extraneous in tackling logic/I.Q problems.
NB:1+1=2 in maths may produce 1+1=11 in logic.It's just a statement of fact and not the truth.So be wary!!!

The question never said it was logic. It just said fill the box with some set of old numbers. I would even argue that it is mathematical, because logical questions always have 1 or 2 examples preceding it. The examples inform the test candidate what is expected of him.
Re: Who Can Solve This Simple, Yet Hard Aptitude Test Question by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 18, 2015
formular123triol:
Young Modulus constant
................Grin............

So how does elastic constant solve the problem.

You need to re-read that your comment to reflect on the nonsense you wrote.
Re: Who Can Solve This Simple, Yet Hard Aptitude Test Question by formular123triol(m): 8:59pm On Apr 18, 2015
theAtheist101:

So how does elastic constant solve the problem.

You need to re-read that your comment to reflect on the nonsense you wrote.
just catching cruz na,haba,maka-y?
Re: Who Can Solve This Simple, Yet Hard Aptitude Test Question by jackpot(f): 2:44am On Apr 19, 2015
Miscellaneous:

use [ 9 - 3] instead.... u know how bracket works
Thanks but no thanks
Re: Who Can Solve This Simple, Yet Hard Aptitude Test Question by OkunrinMeta: 8:58pm On Apr 19, 2015
formular123triol:
Hmmmm...................case of a pot calling the kettle black;which is blacker?
Mind you,mr oga,the question didn't state that the unknown digits to be summed are odd numbers.Aren't u a dumb?Must everyone reason like ur 1-way traffic thinking?
For crying out loud,why must u advocate for some1 who understands me better;of whom you know not?................mtcheeeew!
You are a fool. They gave a list of odd numbers, someone rightly pointed out a mathematical fact about odd numbers and you insulted him, Someone you might not be able to stand up to talk to face to face. Am sick of people like you insulting others unprovoked just because this is a faceless forum. Now you are talking rubbish cause i asked you to prove your point. He said you cant get an even number by adding odd numbers, prove him wrong by giving examples or shut you stupid mouth, then go and learn how to talk to people. Brainless idiat with a big mouth.
Give 3 odd numbers that adds together to form an even number and ill apologise, else just park well.
Re: Who Can Solve This Simple, Yet Hard Aptitude Test Question by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 25, 2015
Use of mathematical operator is a must.
To get an even number from an odd number the best operation to use would be factorial.
So we use 3!,
3! = 3 x 2 x 1 = 6
so if we add 3! five times we get the answer as 30. (As repetition of the number is allowed.)
Hence the answer would be;
3!+ 3!+ 3!+ 3!+ 3!= 6 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 6 = 30.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Npower: Deployment Have Started, Please Check Your NASIMS Portal / Unilever Management Trainee 2013 (Future Leaders Program) / LA Buena Vida Is A SCAM!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.