Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,627 members, 7,823,761 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Watch Your Words Parents; They Affect Your Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Watch Your Words Parents; They Affect Your Children (1025 Views)

What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? / Parents This Is What Your Children Say About You Outside / Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Watch Your Words Parents; They Affect Your Children by successcard: 11:50am On Apr 15, 2015
Your life today is a result of what you have been told yesterday. So it’s important for us to use the right kind of words only. Speaking forth good words only requires the same amount of energy we require to speak those violent words.
Incidentally, quite some few people don’t believe in the adverse effects of words. But when you ask them whether they believe in curses they’d say ‘yes, why not?’ I simply want to say curses are birthed when we speak bad words. That’s why it’s so important we realize it as early as possible to use the right kind of word for our children. Can you imagine how many times we have cursed our children without even realizing it?
For instance, if you always say to your child ‘you are good for nothing’, he/she may grow up to become a good for nothing person. When you call your children ‘block headed’, they become exactly how you described them. These kinds of words are curses and we are often ignorant of it.
I believe words are seeds. They have the ability to reproduce themselves. Instead of speaking condemning words into the lives of our children, speak forth the change – what you want to see in their lives. You cannot correct anyone by condemning them. Whether your words are positive or negative, they are seeds. They would produce in your listeners the type of people that you yourself are. Your words are your seeds and they engender in people the character of whatever you say. If you form the habit of talking judgment and condemnation, you would produce those who would judge and condemn you. If you pronounce criticism towards others, you would harvest the kind of people who would rise up and criticize you. Whatever you sow in the mind of your listeners and in the minds of your family you would personally reap. It’s impossible to negate this law.
Words can lift somebody from poverty to prosperity, from fear to faith, from defeat to success, from sickness to health, from shame to self-esteem, and vice versa. I do not believe any good is accomplished by criticizing, finding faults or by belittling any human person. The most unregenerate person deserves respect.
Research shows that children exposed to their parents’ verbal battles, or involved in family arguments, were more likely to be functioning poorly when they are matured than other people in the study who did not live in increasingly fight-filled homes. The children exposed to family fighting were two to three times more likely to be unemployed, suffer from major depression, or abuse alcohol or other drugs by age 30. They are also more likely to struggle in personal relationships, but that was evident to a somewhat lesser degree. The prescription to this is that parents should not fight in front of their children. Arguments don’t have to descend into verbal abuse, experts say. The solution is to make the arguments constructive, or, failing that, to swiftly repair the damage of heated words. When ruptures do occur, saying sorry right away can heal the harm.
There are stresses in the life of a family. But families also have the capacity to repair that, to come to the person and say, ‘I just blew it, I’m very sorry, and can we do this way?’
When people share so much life and space with each other as couples and families do, there will be opportunities to grow through disagreements. Children may withdraw or go on the offensive, or side with one parent or another when there is misunderstanding at home. Those arguments may grow into resentment and bitterness, which lead to isolation and deep wounds. This is a prime time for parents to model godly behavior in the way they deal with conflict.
You cannot maintain a good relationship with your kids by shouting or yelling at them. That scares them aware. They might never tell you what is bothering them. They will become distant from you though they live with you under the same roof. Use a soft low tone voice when talking to your children or when correcting them.
Words are very powerful. They can make or break an individual. Make the very good use of your words from today on wards.

Source: www.nsemzone.com/watch-your-words-parent-they-affect-your-kids/ . Visit this website to read more articles of this kind.
Re: Watch Your Words Parents; They Affect Your Children by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 15, 2015
Too long, but at least I learnt a thing or two.

1 Like

Re: Watch Your Words Parents; They Affect Your Children by rhemal: 8:15am On Apr 21, 2015
true talk.later on some people wonder why their children do badly in life while other people's children move forward in life. they blame everybody but themselves for the woes they caused by themselves.
the power of life and death is in the tongue so let's wise

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

When An American Child Prays For Her African Dad / Decorate Your Home With Pre-cuts Stickers / My Wife Is Cheating On Me, Police Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.