Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,214 members, 7,957,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:28 PM

Why Do Tribalistic Threads Make Frontpage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Tribalistic Threads Make Frontpage (720 Views)

Buhari Is Tribalistic - Why On Earth Another Northerner / GEJ HAD THE MOST TRIBALISTIC ADMINISTRATION IN NIGERIA / Frontpage -- Rivers State Results Comming In--inec Office At Aba Road Phc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Tribalistic Threads Make Frontpage by voxpopp: 12:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
I read this thread www.nairaland.com/2257153/buhari-drawn-battle-line-south-east, with utmost disdain this morning and wondered why it was pushed to the frontpage by a mod.

Is it because the article was written and composed by a well known tribalist. Am sure if such a similar thread was written and composed by a nairalander, he/she will not be only banned for it, such thread will also be deleted as if discussing such issue on nairaland is a taboo.

If this is the position of nairaland on trbalistic threads, why then did the aforementioned thread and the widely critisized Oba Akiolu statement make frontpage. Isn't that some sort of hypocrisy on the part of the mods who manage this site?

I hope I won't be banned for this also.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Tribalistic Threads Make Frontpage by theV0ice: 12:58pm On Apr 15, 2015
.....because nothing sells like bad news or hateful comments. they drive traffic like mad and that's what the bosses here crave

traffic which then brings money....eventually

morality is a 'clog' in this particular wheel of progress
Re: Why Do Tribalistic Threads Make Frontpage by voxpopp: 1:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
theV0ice:
.....because nothing sells like bad news or hateful comments. they drive traffic like mad and that's what the bosses here crave

Hmmm...very deep insight. Am sure this thread will soon be deleted.

Money must be made at the detriment of national unity and patriotism.
Re: Why Do Tribalistic Threads Make Frontpage by theV0ice: 1:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
voxpopp:

Hmmm...very deep insight. Am sure this thread will soon be deleted.

Money must be made at the detriment of national unity and patriotism.

all is well that ends in the bank account my friend......no matter how many are destroyed in the process wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Tribalistic Threads Make Frontpage by Orunto: 1:22pm On Apr 15, 2015
Tribalistic Threads make front page 'cos they affect all of us in many ways together.
Re: Why Do Tribalistic Threads Make Frontpage by tpiadotcom: 1:29pm On Apr 15, 2015
because rule #2 has been updated.
Re: Why Do Tribalistic Threads Make Frontpage by Alfamann: 1:31pm On Apr 15, 2015
theV0ice:

You missed the point which was that if Nairalander opened a topic with the same write up, he would be banned.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Tribalistic Threads Make Frontpage by voxpopp: 2:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
Alfamann:

You missed the point which was that if Nairalander opened a topic with the same write up, he would be banned.

God bless you. Yet they glorify such types of thread on the frontpage when the article is made or written by a well known tribalist. Isn't that hypocrisy
Re: Why Do Tribalistic Threads Make Frontpage by voxpopp: 2:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
tpiadotcom:
because rule #2 has been updated.

Did u get my point at all. Even before rule was updated, that has been the "absurd" order of the day.
Re: Why Do Tribalistic Threads Make Frontpage by theV0ice: 3:41pm On Apr 15, 2015
Alfamann:

Seltzer, you know as well as I do that this site encourages tribalism. It has little or nothing to do with whoever the OP is.

Bad and hateful topics, news sell on NL whoever posts it.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari To Family My Administration Is Not A Gateway To Your Enrichment / Buhari May Scrap Ministers Of State / Tambuwal Reveals: Our Crude Oil Billions Unaccounted For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.