Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,432 members, 7,836,730 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator (19219 Views)

CBN Illegally Funding Buhari’s Government, Says Sanusi / Breaking: Nyesom Wike To Create Ministry Of Rotimi Amaechi Affairs / John Godson,Nigerian-Born Polish Legislator Visits His Hometown (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by lordyugo: 5:57pm On Apr 15, 2015
lionness:
This is what you call RIGHT THINKING LEADERSHIP. Yoruba leaders and legislators are not like those hungry red cap wearing cheap folks in the SE who sold their destiny for coins. Please, we need this ministry. I am composing and pushing it on the BB, FBK, Twitter until it gets to the Aboki on Top cheesy

if u consider ds right thinkn leadership den ur husband or bf if u hv any should still confine u in d kitchen, so u kp cukn ofe mmanu for dem.. Would hv tried to explain federalism ( which should hv bn a right thinkn leadership) to u but am sure ur minute ofe mmanu brain wont comprehend dat. Hope for ur sake ur not a grown woman cos no hope for u.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by mulattoclaro(m): 6:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
kendrick9:
not every nigerian lives in lagos... u are a Fool if u think so
don't mind that goat. I laugh at everyone who's expecting change from Apc.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by Excellentmind: 6:04pm On Apr 15, 2015
Is this the type of greedy change they have been chanting?

Please dream on...............

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by Octaves(m): 6:06pm On Apr 15, 2015
This lagos Yorubas sef. Their wahala too much. U want others to get out of Lagos and also a ministry of Lagos affairs to help shoulder the weight of outsiders in Lagos. Somebody had an overdose of ofe mmanu

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by lordyugo: 6:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
alsina:

U must be from that myopic tribe called igbo....thats why I can't blame you. The use of common sense is not in ur system

we save our common sense and use it to make money frm u nit wits dat eat ofe mmanu, we dont waste it on frivolous decisions like u twats dat feel d need of self entitlements cos ur highly insecured as a result of a genetic malfunction in d yoruba gene d fear of traveling out to make money or broaden ur horizon dats y a grown up adult like u in ds 21century reasons like a neanderthal

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by olembe23(m): 6:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
Onyi42:
A re-elected member of the Lagos State House of
Assembly, Mr Bisi Yussuf, on Wednesday urged the
in-coming administration at the federal level to
create a ministry for Lagos affairs. Addressing
scores of supporters at his constituency office in
Ipaja-Ayobo Local Council Development Area, the
legislator said that it would facilitate rapid
upgrading of infrastructural facilities in the
nation’s commercial capital.

Yussuf (Alimosho I), of the All Progressives
Congress (APC), said that Lagos should be
accorded the rightful federal revenue allocation
befitting its status as the nation’s commercial
capital.
“There is nowhere in the world that a national
commercial capital suffers the type of neglect
which Lagos has experienced in the hands of the
federal government since it moved the national
capital to Abuja in 1992,” Yusuf said.
He noted that seaport operations and massive
haulage business put a lot of pressure on Lagos
roads, and a dedicated Ministry for Lagos Affairs
would help arrest the decay of its social
infrastructure. Yusuf said such ministry would
also help Lagos to meet its rail and road network
requirements as one of the world’s most densely
populated cities.
“A city of more than 20 million people cannot be
adequately serviced by state government finance
alone,’’ he said, adding that the state’s revenue
contributions to the federal coffers needed
adequate reciprocation. The APC won the 2015
general elections at the presidential level and
also that of governorship in Lagos State, which
will see the party controlling both levels from May

Yussuf commended his constituents for their
support, which he said, guaranteed his re-
election, promising to improve on his legislative
responsibilities. He said that the voting strength
of Alimosho remained the bastion of APC support
base in Lagos and stressed the need for greater
cohesion among the party members and
supporters.

The legislator also acknowledged the political
leadership of APC National Leader, Sen. Bola
Tinubu, whom he described as “a veritable study
in political strategies and national alignment”. He
assured the supporters that the state’s
governor-elect, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode, would
improve on the performance of out-going Gov.
Babatunde Fashola who built on the foundation
built by Tinubu.

Yusuf, in an interview with newsmen, said that
the next Assembly would build on the
achievements of the present one to boost
development in the state. “The 8th assembly will
embark on more qualitative legislation which will
foster more development to various communities
within the state in terms of job creation and
human development,’’ he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/buharis-government-should-create-ministry-of-lagos-affairs-re-elected-legislator/
Is this the so called change we seek? its so annoying that a so called legislator will reason this way. what do we hope for when a legislator seeks for d development of only his region against national interest.instead of seeking to develop other region to decongest. already populated Lagos u seek to develop only Lagos which u will attribute to only to ur people. God is watching oo...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by NZEGWUAGU(m): 6:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
This is the most stupid suggestion I have seen in years! Wouldn't it be better to have four governors and four deputies instead?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by indeed123: 6:14pm On Apr 15, 2015
irunoobo:

Oponu Alainironu .Adojutini omo Iran kiran

Laugh wan kill me. Lol
Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by UnimkeAk(m): 6:21pm On Apr 15, 2015
raumdeuter:
We must reap the benefit of the govt at the central, whether its by creating a Ministry or giving Lagos special recognition for bearing the brunt of the useless governors in other region that made their place unlivable that every teenager has to flee to Lagos

That is what is making lagos tick; the human capital;
If everyone leaves, we'll all watch as lagos dies.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by Super1Star: 6:23pm On Apr 15, 2015
manny4life:

It doesn't have to be "specially" targeted towards anyone. I will give you an example.

Almost ALL states in the U.S. charge federal/states taxes on gas which is a few cents. Multiply that few cent by millions of gallons of fuel monthly, and you have hundred of thousands of $$$ that goes into implementing / maintenance of transportation network. We also pay annual auto tax remittance... It is standard. I don't think people are afraid of taxes, it's the transparency and the method of collection that concerns many. Lagos should do away with touts first of all, and then, think of ways to capture itself as a modern city. All I am saying is Lagos should come up with progressive ways of generating revenues. I'd rather SUPPORT measures that will exempt Lagos as well as some other states from certain legislative bottlenecks that hinder growth than for a "special" ministry.
I totally agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by resultcase(m): 6:26pm On Apr 15, 2015
emmysoftyou:

Once other state have the facilities lagos has..

Lagos will go down the drain or decongested,i know with time,it shall come to pass lipsrsealed

Dreamer!
Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 15, 2015
Octaves:
This lagos Yorubas sef. Their wahala too much. U want others to get out of Lagos and also a ministry of Lagos affairs to help shoulder the weight of outsiders in Lagos. Somebody had an overdose of ofe mmanu
grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by incrediblestev: 6:28pm On Apr 15, 2015
The way some people talk about Lagos and facilities you would think Lagos is like New York and its government caters for the population of the state.
Somebody pointed earlier on that there's no such thing as special intervention in a state like Lagos in other advanced countries. Let Lagos first of all deal with the issue of lack of transparency in the way it manages the revenues that accrue to it.

In most of the developed world big Cities run there government on revenues mostly from a well transparent levy and tax system that shows proof of tax benefits. People talk if services and facilities and I just laugh at the preposterous claims, the BRT shuttle buses is the closest and only benefit an average citizen can say he benefits besides that nothing.

Take the markets for instance, the people that do businesses there feel the brunt of the multiple taxes of the government almost immediately and yet, they are not provided with facilities as easy as common toilets. Yet the Lagos government talks about non-natives as if they are being fed by funds from their purse.

Businesses are reluctant to pay taxes for various reasons, the way and manner tax is collected is downright archaic and unacceptable, you can't go into the compound of a small business owner and tell them to pay taxes the do not have any bearing with anything legal, just some locally created regime that exists outside of the government's own heavy tax.

I have seen worst cases where these thugs lock up people's businesses just because they won't pay taxes that are not recognized by any legal establishment.
Businesses won't pay tax when they pay for all the facilities that should have been provided by governmentn; clean water system, good access roads, free health care or at least cheap quality health care.

The other day I was in the car with a friend driving on the 3rd mainland bridge and was so disgusted that instead of the Lagos government to take the cheaper, more feasible and beneficial option of building a link bridge from ikorodu to the island instead of the costlier option of sand filling the waterways in an effort to build another city on it. It just does not make any economic sense to any right thinking government that cares about the people than a white elephant project that will take monies that even the government can not afford.

When people like this dumb senator, the state government and the tribal minions shouting off support in an attempt to insults other tribes begin to tell the truth that Lagos state greatest problem is mismanagement and wrong priorities then they can begin to understand that it does not take a tribal gang to move Lagos to the level like New York and their likes.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by Super1Star: 6:29pm On Apr 15, 2015
UnimkeAk:

That is what is making lagos tick; the human capital;
If everyone leaves, we'll all watch as lagos dies.

Why do you people like deceiving yourselves?

What is the population of London -- 8million

What is the population of Paris -- 2.3million

What is the population of Amsterdam -- less than 1million

What is the population of Dubai -- 2.1million

What is.the population of Lagos -- almost 20million.

It is obvious that if you leave, Lagos will only be better for it.
Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by Nicepoker(m): 6:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
I weep for this country.
Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by incrediblestev: 6:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
Super1Star:

Why do you people like deceiving yourselves?

What is the population of London -- 8million

What is the population of Paris -- 2.3million

What is the population of Amsterdam -- less than 1million

What is the population of Dubai -- 2.1million

What is.the population of Lagos -- almost 20million.

It is obvious that if you leave, Lagos will only be better for it.
where did you get the 20 million you attributed to Lagos..... Some of you can exaggerate nonsensical stuff and make it look like real stuff. LAGOS can never be up to 20million..... Small landmass of course will make Lagos have many areas of high population density and give the false impression that it is that much but Lagos obviously is not carrying that amount of people in its coffers.....
Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by Super1Star: 6:47pm On Apr 15, 2015
incrediblestev:
where did you get the 20 million you attributed to Lagos..... Some of you can exaggerate nonsensical stuff and make it look like real stuff. LAGOS can never be up to 20million..... Small landmass of course will make Lagos have many areas of high population density and give the false impression that it is that much but Lagos obviously is not carrying that amount of people in its coffers.....

Is this one for real?

For your info, Lagos population was 5.1 as at 1991 and 17.5m as at 2006. Calling it about 20million now, is an understatement.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by omonnakoda: 6:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
Lagos is a State not a city.Only a small part of Lagos was the FCT however the whole state bears the burden.It is the smallest state in the country and the most populated.It as the main port and therefore carries a huge burden on its infrastructure. However expenditure on Lagos should be viewed from the perspective of investment rather than compensation.Lagos provides revenue and the government should invest in those things that enhance the revenue e.g roads and rail as well as waterway transport to quicken the removal of containers from the port and to reduce traffic congestion Potentially Lagos revenue to the federation account could expand the same way it expanded for the State government

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by help3852: 6:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
The master plan will soon unfold

YORUBA AGENDA
Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by rebranded(m): 6:58pm On Apr 15, 2015
lol we are trying to trim government spending, this one is talking trash!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by incrediblestev: 6:59pm On Apr 15, 2015
Super1Star:

Is this one for real?

For your info, Lagos population was 5.1 as at 1991 and 17.5m as at 2006. Calling it about 20million now, is an understatement.
I am not interested in your guess work, show us the government agencies that made such preposterous claim... Scheeew.
Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by akigbemaru: 7:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
ministry of lagos affairs again, see me see wahala.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by HzRF(m): 7:06pm On Apr 15, 2015
When u think u have see d peak of stupidity someone will prove u wrong

Ministry of Lagos ko
Ministry of lagoon nii

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
manny4life:

It doesn't have to be "specially" targeted towards anyone. I will give you an example.

Almost ALL states in the U.S. charge federal/states taxes on gas which is a few cents. Multiply that few cent by millions of gallons of fuel monthly, and you have hundred of thousands of $$$ that goes into implementing / maintenance of transportation network. We also pay annual auto tax remittance... It is standard. I don't think people are afraid of taxes, it's the transparency and the method of collection that concerns many. Lagos should do away with touts first of all, and then, think of ways to capture itself as a modern city. All I am saying is Lagos should come up with progressive ways of generating revenues. I'd rather SUPPORT measures that will exempt Lagos as well as some other states from certain legislative bottlenecks that hinder growth than for a "special" ministry.
Correct. I would also propose a revenue sharing formula in which the FG takes 70%, whilst the state takes home 30% of the revenue generated at the Apapa and Tincan Island ports. The extra funds would help the state too.
Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by clemz88(m): 7:14pm On Apr 15, 2015
In Buhari voice ****i shall look inzto za matter. grin
Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by Super1Star: 7:16pm On Apr 15, 2015
incrediblestev:
I am not interested in your guess work, show us the government agencies that made such preposterous claim... Scheeew.

See this one!!!

You want me omo ti iya fi oja pon, to be doing your homework for you? Mba, consult Google. If Google cannot help you, kindly consult Ifa Oracle.
Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by Brightology2(m): 7:19pm On Apr 15, 2015
Euckybaby:
U neva chi chum ching
u must b an Edo gal
Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by akigbemaru: 7:22pm On Apr 15, 2015
anyone. I will give you an example. Almost ALL states in the U.S. charge federal/states taxes on gas which is a few cents. Multiply that few cent by millions of gallons of fuel monthly, and you have hundred of thousands of $$$ that goes into implementing / maintenance of transportation network. We also pay annual auto tax remittance... It is standard. I don't think people are afraid of taxes, it's the transparency and the method of collection that concerns many. Lagos should do away with touts first of all, and then, think of ways to capture itself as a modern city. All I am saying is Lagos should come up with progressive ways of generating revenues. I'd rather SUPPORT measures that will exempt Lagos as well as some other states from certain legislative bottlenecks that hinder growth than for a "special" ministry.
Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by Talibanis: 7:24pm On Apr 15, 2015
And this is what his constituency could offer as an elected candidate? Shame!!!
Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
kendrick9:
not every nigerian lives in lagos... u are a Fool if u think so
but all Nigerians lives in Niger Delta region you a fool not to think so.
Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 15, 2015
mulattoclaro:
don't mind that goat. I laugh at everyone who's expecting change from Apc.
I cant believe you are so dull to see things changing..... or i should conclude you are a fool by default.
Re: Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator by omonnakoda: 7:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
akigbemaru:
anyone. I will give you an example. Almost ALL states in the U.S. charge federal/states taxes on gas which is a few cents. Multiply that few cent by millions of gallons of fuel monthly, and you have hundred of thousands of $$$ that goes into implementing / maintenance of transportation network. We also pay annual auto tax remittance... It is standard. I don't think people are afraid of taxes, it's the transparency and the method of collection that concerns many. Lagos should do away with touts first of all, and then, think of ways to capture itself as a modern city. All I am saying is Lagos should come up with progressive ways of generating revenues. I'd rather SUPPORT measures that will exempt Lagos as well as some other states from certain legislative bottlenecks that hinder growth than for a "special" ministry.
I think you are out of date Where do touts collect revenue for LASG

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Suspends Gamawa Babayo Garba, Deputy National Chairman. / Mass Transit: Abiodun Unveils Wifi Enabled Buses, Says Water Taxies Coming / An Open Letter To President Goodluck Jonathan By Chief Timipre Sylva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.