Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,032 members, 7,835,497 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Buhari Must Probe Sheriff To Defeat Boko Haram –yerima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Must Probe Sheriff To Defeat Boko Haram –yerima (1260 Views)

Jonathan Asks Makarfi, Sheriff To Step Down Over PDP Crisis / Fayose Likens Sheriff To A Bride With HIV / EFCC Must Probe Disappearance Of Jonathan’s 69 Prado Suvs —ekujumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Must Probe Sheriff To Defeat Boko Haram –yerima by makzeze: 3:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
President-elect Muhammadu Buhari must thoroughly investigate former Governor of Borno State Ali Modu Sheriff and other security chiefs involved in the 2009 Boko Haram crisis in Borno for him to actualize his vow of tackling the insurgency and re-radicalizing its adherents, former House of Representatives member Dr Haruna Yerima has said.

He said the former governor as well as the then Borno State commissioner of police, state director of the Department of Security Service (DSS) as well as the military commander in the state during the 2009 crisis should be probed to provide detail explanation on the genesis and the transmutation of the sect into full-blown terrorist group.

Yerima, who formerly taught at the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Kaduna, said without the full security probe of Sheriff and the security chiefs, Buhari’s vow of ending the insurgency, will be difficult.
He urged the president-elect to discard the security clearance granted Sheriff by the DSS, saying the move “was politically-motivated.”
“For General Buhari to end Boko Haram insurgency and uproot its deadly ideology, the likes of former Governor Ali Modu Sheriff and other security chiefs that served in Borno at that time must be thoroughly investigated. They have some clues that are necessary for the total eradication of the insurgents,” Yerima said.

He said Sheriff, through his neglect of education as a governor in the state, “provided the desired environment for the growth of the militants.”
“Sheriff’s systematic impoverishment of the state, destruction of its macro-economic policies, his unexplained hatred for educational development, coupled with his political culture of intimidation provided fertile ground for Boko Haram growth,” he said.

The former lawmaker said the president-elect and the All Progressives Congress (APC) must be weary of Sheriff’s alleged moves of returning to the party.
“General Buhari and the APC leadership must guard against moves by Sheriff to defect back to the party. A situation where the APC becomes a sanctuary for people with questionable antecedents to take refuge must be avoided,” Yerima said.

Source:http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/news/52155-buhari-must-probe-sheriff-to-defeat-boko-haram-yerima
Re: Buhari Must Probe Sheriff To Defeat Boko Haram –yerima by Maczeelly(m): 3:41pm On Apr 15, 2015
Before nkor......na all of dem dey go kirikiri
Re: Buhari Must Probe Sheriff To Defeat Boko Haram –yerima by agarawu23(m): 3:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
ofcus yes

not the fake probing Gej Administration did

jail awaits enemies of Nigeria
Re: Buhari Must Probe Sheriff To Defeat Boko Haram –yerima by makzeze: 3:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
ok
Re: Buhari Must Probe Sheriff To Defeat Boko Haram –yerima by temitemi1(m): 3:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
Too much of expectations, I hope we won't end up been disappointed sha grin grin grin. GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Probe Sheriff To Defeat Boko Haram –yerima by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 15, 2015
Lol in that case he would have to probe himself.Sherrif has been in the same party with these so called progresives till 2014 when he decamped
Re: Buhari Must Probe Sheriff To Defeat Boko Haram –yerima by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 15, 2015
he should probe anybody probable abeg, no time to waste time.
Re: Buhari Must Probe Sheriff To Defeat Boko Haram –yerima by ozoigbondu: 4:02pm On Apr 15, 2015
Nice one but

Re: Buhari Must Probe Sheriff To Defeat Boko Haram –yerima by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
Probing sheriff won't end the menace caused by these animals.
I think GMB should find a way of blocking this people from their slaves
He should kill them all
Re: Buhari Must Probe Sheriff To Defeat Boko Haram –yerima by kendrick9(m): 4:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
I don't think the cattle rearer can stop boko haram rather i think they will calm down by there own will... afterall buhari is there candidate..
Re: Buhari Must Probe Sheriff To Defeat Boko Haram –yerima by themilanway(m): 4:52pm On Apr 15, 2015
Why cant he ask GEJ to probe him?Why should we wait for Buhari to get sworn in before he start probing anyone?

Selfish human being.
Re: Buhari Must Probe Sheriff To Defeat Boko Haram –yerima by ishiamu(m): 5:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
How old is yerima's wife please?? Lest I forget
Re: Buhari Must Probe Sheriff To Defeat Boko Haram –yerima by tunde1200(m): 1:10am On Apr 16, 2015
ameen

agarawu23:
ofcus yes

not the fake probing Gej Administration did

jail awaits enemies of Nigeria
Re: Buhari Must Probe Sheriff To Defeat Boko Haram –yerima by Pavore9: 5:34am On Apr 16, 2015
Where is he now?

(1) (Reply)

Leaked Phone Conversation On Abia Rigging..... (Listeners Discretion)! / PHOTOS: Presidential State Car Being Prepared For The Inauguration Ceremony / My Thought On Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.