Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 (31111 Views)

INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections / INEC Fixes Dates For Kogi, Bayelsa Gov Elections / Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by lalasticlala(m): 4:02pm On Apr 15, 2015
There was mild drama Wednesday as the Resident Electoral Commissioner for Imo State, Dr. Gabriel Ada failed to give the accurate number of registered voters and the number of Permanent Voter Cards (PVC) collected in the areas where the Commission will conduct supplementary governorship fixed for April 25.

INEC had while declaring the governorship election inconclusive, given the figure of registered voters in the affected areas as 144715, which was higher than the margin with which the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate, Governor Rochas Okorocha was leading his closest rival, Emeka Ihedioha.

But Ada who briefed journalists Wednesday, could not confirm the figure or disclose the number of PVC distributed in the areas.

When pressed further, the REC, who had come under fire for the alleged compromised role of the Commission during the Presidential and governorship elections in the state, said that “the number is approximately between 145,000 to 150,000 registered voters”.

He also stated that the number of PVC collected will not form a threshold for the number of voters that will participate in the supplementary election, adding that “those that did not collect their PVC before the election still have the opportunity to do so because only those with their PVC that will participate in the election”.

The REC who was not also emphatic on the number of Polling Units where the scheduled election will hold, said that “the election will hold in over 200 Polling Units in 23 Local Government Areas of the state”.

He announced further that the APC won 16 seats in the House of Assembly elections, while the election was inconclusive in six constituencies and has been rescheduled to hold on the same date with the supplementary election.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/inec-fixes-imo-supplementary-election-for-april-25/
Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by pacharles1(m): 4:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
Biko INEC!! Election has Come and Gone. Pls let's allow things be! There is no perfect election anywhere in the world.

Rivers state
Imo state
Abia State

These states and there fire burning candidates should let Nigeria be.. We all need this nation to move forward.. Biko my people, make una take heart.

One Nigeria
Good people
Great Nation

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by mrofficial(m): 4:04pm On Apr 15, 2015
What's all this supplementary election?

INEC is giving PDP the chance to devise a new method of rigging.

13 Likes

Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by iyatrustee(f): 4:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
Stops nothing!

Owelle till 2019! cheesy

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
I still don't get why my fellow Igbos insist on PDP . Owelle has done a lot in Imo State but PDP still got close to half of the total votes angry

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by nkeona(m): 4:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
imo people my people pls kick out that deceiver and lier called mallam okorocha

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
Enough time for imolites to change their mind.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by Ejovwoke(m): 4:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
Election wahala!!!
Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by itetemi: 4:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
rochas has won already.

no matter how pdp wan rig, rochas sef dey one step ahead.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 15, 2015
Ok
Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by bublejimmy(m): 4:06pm On Apr 15, 2015
Lemme me resev. Commemt4something beta

1 Like

Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by Godson123(m): 4:06pm On Apr 15, 2015
funny
Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by otijah(m): 4:06pm On Apr 15, 2015
Every imo indigene knows that the remaining LGs is Ihedioha's territory. That's why Rochas have been claiMing victory even at the announcement of inconclusive election
He is a Saboteur and not needed

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 15, 2015
they Don come again o.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by Beehshorp(m): 4:06pm On Apr 15, 2015
Okorocha game over. Better run to Buhari to help u now cos PDP is coming bck stronger to haunt u guys. U would now understand what it means to be an opposition

14 Likes

Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by Vicjustice: 4:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
Sorry, what is that Fela's song that says "Demonstration Of Crase", and the other one about "Kata-Kata" ("Confusion Every Where")?
Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by uzolexis(f): 4:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
God help my state

3 Likes

Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by agatson: 4:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
Sai Rochas

1 Like

Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
Rochas started well but lost it at the end.

I pray he wins and mends his ways.

4 Likes

Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by Iyanusele(m): 4:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
Only those of us who Served in IMO state can tell you the plights of the IMO people.

In fact Rochas is owning me #100000 state allawee

Ngor Okpala lacks all social amenities you can think about

Rochas must go...........Imo state needs a change

Imo corpers pls join hands n rig him out if possible.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by hassan85(m): 4:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
#Sai Rochas #APC

3 Likes

Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by Mcowubaba: 4:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
nkeona:
Wen u compare Rochas nd Ihedioha....
It is like comparing London nd Akwa Ibomsad..
The both look beautiful, but we all know which 1 is better nd Greater..

Rochas till 2019... cool after then- Capt. Emmanuel Iheanacho take over cheesy

10 Likes

Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by condralbede(m): 4:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
nkeona:
Seconded!!

12 Likes

Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
Oh my fatherland Imo. What has gone wrong? Soo much headline nowdays
Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
Choi

Owelle my people! My people! !
Like that man die!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by CyberTerrorist: 4:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
Na there biz undecided
Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by ignis: 4:11pm On Apr 15, 2015
Beehshorp:
Okorocha game over. Better run to Buhari to help u now cos PDP is coming bck stronger to haunt u guys. U would now understand what it means to be an opposition

The earlier you wake up from sleep the better for you. I can see you are dreaming.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by raumdeuter: 4:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
This chaotic Southeast

Election in 4 states and 2 are inconclusive. Thats a 50% failure rate due to chaos

Out of the other regions consisting of over 25 states, How many states do we have inconclusive elections

9 Likes

Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
make dem kuku do a general re-run in all d polling. units na, na money naija wan waste.... na una wahala sha
Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by Sunnycliff(m): 4:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
OWELLE WE KNOW

3 Likes

Re: INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 15, 2015
pls i need the mods to move this to front page.this is about my life and my future https://www.nairaland.com/2257006/urgently-need-nairalanderspls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose & His Wife On Their Knees As They Pray With Kumuyi For Ekiti Teachers / Kogi 2019: Crowd Welcomes Yahaya Bello To His Hometown (photos) / Rivers Rerun: Amaechi Storms Port-Harcourt, Takes A Stroll On The Streets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.