Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,314 members, 7,839,509 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Obama And The Antichrist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Obama And The Antichrist (864 Views)

The Antichrist Will Be A Gay World Ruler? / CBN Bank Verification Number Is The Antichrist's Number / The Pope Is The Antichrist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama And The Antichrist by Ilelobola: 2:42pm On Jan 29, 2009
I’ve been going to a typical “European White” church and my “Black African” church on alternate Sundays since the beginning of the year.

At my European church; the week before Obama's inauguration, we prayed that God guides him to do the right things etc.
At my African church; the preacher said it was a sign the world was coming to an end as the whole world was looking unto Obama to solve the world’s problems and it was signs of the antichrist etc. He did not say Obama was that but it was implied. Now, I am an Obama fan but since last Sunday, I can feel myself despising all that is Obama as much as I don’t believe what the preacher said.

Why are our churches so different?
Re: Obama And The Antichrist by PastorAIO: 4:58pm On Jan 29, 2009
I don't know about antichrist o, but I know that Obama is going to disappoint a hell of a lot of people. That guy has ticked too many boxes for too many people and it is impossible to keep that many people happy.
Re: Obama And The Antichrist by mantraa: 11:44pm On Jan 29, 2009
A bunch of crabs were sitting in a barrel at a seafood restaurant, waiting to be cooked. One of them said to the others, "Hey, you know what, if we all climb to the top and push on the lid, it'll come off and then we can escape."

The other crabs all laughed. They knew it was impossible to escape. What could this foolish dreamer be thinking? It was nonsense. Couldn't be done. Not even worth trying.

After a few minutes, when it was clear he wouldn't be getting any help, the one hopeful crab climbed up and started pushing on the lid alone. The other crabs just laughed harder, until they heard a faint creaking noise and realized that the lid was starting to shift a little. Then they all got angry. How dare one crab try to escape by himself? He was just another crab, and he needed to be shown that he was no better than the rest of them.

So they grabbed the crab who had been trying to escape and dragged him back down to the bottom of the barrel. They all got cooked and eaten soon afterward, but at least they had the satisfaction of knowing that no other crab was able to achieve more than they had.

I think we should give him a chance AND follow his example.
Re: Obama And The Antichrist by StPaul1: 2:01am On Jan 30, 2009
It is unfortunate how perverse humans have become. People refuse to put their hope in the Living Jesus,  but the foolish cast their hope on a helpless, fallible  mortal man. No wonder only 25% of people who claim to be Christians actually make heaven, because most are fake, they don't know how to trust their Lord. but rather will believe the lies of the devil. O, you adulterous generation! how can you escape the judgment of God? Look at what God says

Jeremiah 17:5-9
This is what the LORD says:

"Cursed is the one who trusts in man,
who depends on flesh for his strength
and whose heart turns away from the LORD.
6 He will be like a bush in the wastelands;
he will not see prosperity when it comes.
He will dwell in the parched places of the desert,
in a salt land where no one lives.

7 "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
whose confidence is in him.
8 He will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit."

9 The heart is deceitful above all things
and beyond cure.
Who can understand it?
NIV

This Obama guy is posing as one messiah. Be careful with him! he might not be the Anti-Christ, but the Anti-Christ will come in the same manner. he who has an ear, let him hear! Our treasure is not in this world. Our treasure is in Heaven. focus your mind there and serve Our Lord, Jesus Christ faithfully, this way, you will not lose your reward.

Hebrews 12:1-3
2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
NIV

Children of God beware! God bless you all.
Re: Obama And The Antichrist by chikito1(f): 1:12pm On Jan 30, 2009
The bible's description about the anti christ is that he will come from the Middle east and not America.

Not everyboy sees Obama as the saviour or whatever you call it. The Republicans cannot stand him and

that is not because they are dedicated christains or see him as an Antichrist. Its just for Power reasons.

The reason he uses Hope and change is for political reasons. Too soon to judge. We as individuals

should be more concerend about our salvation and stop speculating who is or who is not the AntiChrist.

I am sure when the AntiChrist arrives, we all we know without a doubt, he will surely tick all the boxes

as the bible describes him to be.
Re: Obama And The Antichrist by Ilelobola: 2:12pm On Jan 30, 2009
I certainly do not think he is the antichrist but whether I like it or not, the African church preacher has planted a seed in my head about the possibility and I just can't seem to shake it off.

My point is, why can't we Africans live simple lives and take things -or at least some- at face level and not try to read more to it. Is it wrong to bring hope to the hopeless?
Re: Obama And The Antichrist by kaylonda(f): 5:19pm On Jan 30, 2009
[color=#550000][/color]My point is, why can't we Africans live simple lives and take things -or at least some- at face level and not try to read more to it. Is it wrong to bring hope to the hopeless?
[quote][/quote]
i think u should speak 4 urself, Africans are humans whose lives will b affected by decisions made by obama from now henceforth and 2 b candid am scared of the implications and HEAR ME NOW there is no such thing as Face value in the realm of the spirit.
Re: Obama And The Antichrist by Magz(m): 8:52pm On Jan 30, 2009
chikito1:

The bible's description about the anti christ is that he will come from the Middle east and not America.

Obama's origin is Kenya, which is in the East. His father was from Kenya, and the Male lineage of a family is the actual origin. In all of the Bible, clans and tribes were kept track of by the males and not the females. So we can say that he is of the Middle East.

The description of the Anti-christ is also that of a Beast with 7 heads. Do you think that the beast will literally have seven heads

Don't be mislead,
Re: Obama And The Antichrist by MALAMA(f): 10:47pm On Jan 30, 2009
Ilelobola,
I found your post really interesting. A similar thing was said in my church (population of 99% Africans,1% English) too. Before Obama was elected, my pastor 'insinuated' that Tony Blair could play a role as the Antichrist because of his position in the UN and the fact that he was now a Catholic. When my pastor made that statement, I wondered what he was getting at. The only conclusion I made from there was that he succeeded in putting fear into people's hearts.

As Christians, I think we should care less about whether A or B is the Antichrist. If we go back to the book of Revelation, christians would have been raptured when the Antichrist manifests,so why bother about him since we wont be meeting him? We should instead be occupied as Jesus admonished us by loving our neighbours, spreading the news about God's love for mankind, living truthful and honest lives etc.

I've always found something wrong with the African 'brand' of christianity and this is one of such. Instead of our pastors to admonish us to be better citizens of our country,they are busy instilling fear in us and lining their pockets.
Re: Obama And The Antichrist by Image123(m): 11:44pm On Jan 30, 2009
It'll be best if we thought less about the anti christ and dwelt more on the coming of Jesus as christians.speculations will not help our cause.Knowing the antichrist is of no great importance.everyone will know him when the time comes for him to be revealed.Lets know more of God,and be ready for our deparrture from earth.(rapture or death).
Re: Obama And The Antichrist by plappville(f): 5:05pm On Jan 31, 2009
Image123:

It'll be best if we thought less about the anti christ and dwelt more on the coming of Jesus as christians.speculations will not help our cause.Knowing the antichrist is of no great importance.everyone will know him when the time comes for him to be revealed.Lets know more of God,and be ready for our deparrture from earth.(rapture or death).

good talk, u re blessed.
Re: Obama And The Antichrist by Jesarmy(f): 3:08am On Feb 02, 2009
Image123:

I quite agree with you ,our focus should be on our Lord Jesus Christ the author and finisher of our faith and not be distracted about who is or is not the antichrist.Finally,my brethren let us be stedfast,unmoveable,always abounding in the work of the Lord,for as much as we know that our labour is not in vain the Lord.Remain blessed and rapturable.
Re: Obama And The Antichrist by StPaul1: 5:41am On Feb 02, 2009
Jesarmy:

I quite agree with you ,our focus should be on our Lord Jesus Christ the author and finisher of our faith and not be distracted about who is or is not the antichrist.Finally,my brethren let us be stedfast,unmoveable,always abounding in the work of the Lord,for as much as we know that our labour is not in vain the Lord.Remain blessed and rapturable.

How foolish!  Jesus says to be watchful. in Matthew 24 Jesus says the antichrist will even deceive the elect. how can you resist not being deceived? by being watchful! the deceived does not know they are deceived. no wonder some of the so called 'men of God' are even endosing the antichrist. Obama is certainly an antichrist. Yes he might not be THE ANTICHRIST, but he is an antichrist already you don't need anyone to tell you that. an antichrist is he who opposes Christ. now he is not saying it openly, but by their fruit you shall know them. he approve the killing (abortion) of innocent babies, legalize homosexual marriage (doesn't biology tell you that it is suppose to be mail and female? even animals don't do that!), he has other systematic programs against all that is of Christ!

see this post

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-226081.0.html

may God give you understanding
Re: Obama And The Antichrist by Jesarmy(f): 4:06am On Feb 03, 2009
Looking unto Jesus,the author and finisher of our faith,what better way is there to be watchful?
Jesarmy:

Looking unto Jesus,the author and finisher of our faith following in His steps and taking heed to His word, what better way is there to be watchful and not to fall into the deception of the enemy ?.The truth is there are many antichrists already in the world (2Jn7) but that wise virgin is the one that takes that extra oil along on her journey(Mt 25:1-13) such that the antichrists,distractions ,challenges, and delays on the way do not blow out his/her lamp.
Indeed we are in the last days but our utmost priority as christians should be our readiness to meet our Lord Jesus Christ.The ultimate question  every believer should answer in his/her heart is - will I make it if the rapture were to take place today ? If there has ever been a time we need to look unto Jesus more by dwelling more in God's presence, seeking His face and meditating on His word thereby carefully watching over our soul it is now.
In Isaiah 45:22 God proclaimed salvation to all who looked unto Him and Ps34:5 said all that looked upon the Lord were lightened and were not ashamed.Shalom
Re: Obama And The Antichrist by Image123(m): 9:25am On Feb 03, 2009
@St Paul
Are we reading the same Bible?Jesus said the antichrist will deceive the elect?Watching out for the antichrist is not found in the bible.Watch rather for the coming of Christ which will precede the revelation of the antichrist
Re: Obama And The Antichrist by deebrain(m): 1:15pm On Feb 03, 2009
Image123:

@St Paul
Are we reading the same Bible?Jesus said the antichrist will deceive the elect?Watching out for the antichrist is not found in the bible.Watch rather for the coming of Christ which will precede the revelation of the antichrist

The Anti-Christ {or his spirit} is already here according to Jesus.
It is important to note that the Anti-Christ as a person would have already manifested but maybe would not have become a global thing as at the time of the rapture.

If not, he would have been acting in full capacity before the rapture.

Some how i feel and sense he's here already.
But make no mistakes, Obama?
Re: Obama And The Antichrist by Ilelobola: 3:28pm On Feb 03, 2009
I think I agree with MALAMA and Image123 on this one. However, I will go and Revelations again to re-enlighten myself; I find it scary reading though.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Afraid Of God? / Redeem Camp Gate Of Injustice: / Was The Marriage At Cana For Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.