Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,453 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Breaking News: Why Is Everybody Using Breaking News In The Subject - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Why Is Everybody Using Breaking News In The Subject (874 Views)

BREAKING News::Why Global Leaders Boycotted Buhari’s United Nation’s Address / Breaking News: Why Military Lay Siege To Tinubu, Okorocha —investigation / Breaking News!!why Okorocha Chickened Out Of APC Presidential Candidate Race. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Why Is Everybody Using Breaking News In The Subject by PeeDaVinci: 2:55pm On Jan 29, 2009
Is this the new fad in niaraland politics section to put breaing news b4 every jack and bull story?? just wondering
Re: Breaking News: Why Is Everybody Using Breaking News In The Subject by tboy1(m): 3:01pm On Jan 29, 2009
LOL . . . gets ppl's attention e.g
Breaking news:Why Is Everybody Using Breaking News In The Subject
Lmao cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Breaking News: Why Is Everybody Using Breaking News In The Subject by BOSS7: 4:00pm On Jan 29, 2009
lol, tboy1 said it first.

@ poster, if you look at all headlines, we don't all use breaking news though do we?

cheesy
Re: Breaking News: Why Is Everybody Using Breaking News In The Subject by tboy1(m): 4:10pm On Jan 29, 2009
But won't it be so funny if they start using Breaking News in Romance section  cheesy grin cheesy
Breaking News: My Girlfriend just Slapped me

LMAO  .  .  .   cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Breaking News: Why Is Everybody Using Breaking News In The Subject by PeeDaVinci: 4:17pm On Jan 29, 2009
though not all use the word "breaking news" but with the trend now, i can see everybody starting using the "breaking news" word very soon
Re: Breaking News: Why Is Everybody Using Breaking News In The Subject by BOSS7: 4:23pm On Jan 29, 2009
PeeDaVinci:

though not all use the word "breaking news" but with the trend now, i can see everybody starting using the "breaking news" word very soon

You're right. It got me thinking at some point that Seun has started paying for threads with a minimum number of comments. cheesy

Then that would have been a breaking news.
Re: Breaking News: Why Is Everybody Using Breaking News In The Subject by gbolah1(m): 4:28pm On Jan 29, 2009
Breaking news, VP Good luck Jonathan awarded 1.8million dollars for maintenances and sustenance of his office in absence of president yaradua, wink wink wink

Am just joking it as never haven is just to create another breaking news or broken news, anyone you guys wish to call it.
Re: Breaking News: Why Is Everybody Using Breaking News In The Subject by Muza(m): 7:31pm On Jan 29, 2009
@ poster,
no news can be as breaking and staggering as a political news
Re: Breaking News: Why Is Everybody Using Breaking News In The Subject by TOYOSI20(f): 7:36pm On Jan 29, 2009
Tee hee hee. . . .well cant say i havent noticed too grin

I guess cos they all fresh off the press. . . . wink
Re: Breaking News: Why Is Everybody Using Breaking News In The Subject by jamace(m): 8:35pm On Jan 29, 2009
Don't worry, Nigerians have a way of copying sentences that are in vogue. Remember when General Sani Abacha was on the throne. The common word then was ", will be dealt with decisively, " grin. Presently, Pastor Chris Okotie (you know the one that when you are going to his church you must go along with a dictionary as well) has invented a reigning phrase ", paradigm shift, " grin. Any where you hear the big guys discussing issues, if you don't hear "paradim shift" in the sentences, then the speaker has said nothing or he is not up-to-date. So, forumites see the word "breaking news" or "broken news" as the latest acceptable grammar. You must add breaking news or broken news for your comments to have relevance henceforth. Eh em, BREAKING NEWS: NIGERIANS HAVE SWORN TO STOP CORRUPTION AT EVERY LEVEL. grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Why Is Everybody Using Breaking News In The Subject by SeanT21(f): 8:36pm On Jan 29, 2009
Just to gather more attention to their topic!!
Re: Breaking News: Why Is Everybody Using Breaking News In The Subject by vowiski(m): 9:12pm On Jan 29, 2009
to cause unwanted attention for a DUMB news!
Re: Breaking News: Why Is Everybody Using Breaking News In The Subject by lacrimose(f): 9:15pm On Jan 29, 2009
I think it is more like Broken breaking News, Lol
Re: Breaking News: Why Is Everybody Using Breaking News In The Subject by Chaoga: 10:23pm On Jan 29, 2009
@ Poster
And in what way has that contributed to maybe one of your problems? Breaking news should've been or should be used in other threads instead except politics? Why is the thread christened politics?? What other news can be breaking if not a political news or it's like??
Re: Breaking News: Why Is Everybody Using Breaking News In The Subject by Xenisha: 3:37am On Sep 28, 2022
So that now it is possible to find a good magazine where there is no fake news - it is difficult. Not long ago it was a matter of pride if readers could not tell about a reporter's personal political, religious, or ideological beliefs. Now journalists can't wait to tell you everything and everyone that comes to their minds such as thoughts of Scott J Cooper. They have become like adolescents, just another class of chronic over-spread people on social media who speak so loudly and so often that they have forgotten how to listen and tell the truth.

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti And Federal Presence / Adesina Impeached: / Police Arrest Man, Woman Over Missing Organ!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.