Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Adesina Impeached: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adesina Impeached: (875 Views)

Tribunal Upholds Lam-Adesina And Olugbemi’s Election / Femi Adesina Mounts Hot Seat On Social Media Over His Latest Comments On Buhari, / Buhari Endorses Akinwunmi Adesina For African Development Bank Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Adesina Impeached: by ayoola22: 7:38am On Nov 09, 2009
Kingmakers dethrone Akure monarch

I remain on the throne, says Deji

From Niyi Bello, Akure
THE four-year reign of Oba Oluwadare Adepoju Adesina, Osupa 111, as the traditional ruler, the Deji of Akure, came to an abrupt end yesterday when the traditional council of kingmakers, the body that installed him on November 26, 2005, declared him as "unfit, unworthy and improper to continue to occupy the cherished and exalted throne" and thereby ordered his immediate dethronement.

In a statement containing the resolution of the Akure Council of Chiefs made available to the press yesterday and signed by 38 high chiefs who included the 17-member traditional council of kingmakers led by Chief Folorunso David, the Olisa and the Prime Minister of the town, it was stated that the Oba, through his actions on the throne, "brought disgrace, dishonour and impudence to the office of the Deji."

Said to be the first time in the long history of the town that a Deji would be removed from office in such manner, the dethronement of Adesina is believed to have the backing of the elite of Akure, who had watched in amazement at the way the monarch "had brought the throne to ridicule".

But the embattled Oba, in a telephone conversation with The Guardian moments after the pronouncement relieving him of the crown was made public, said he was not aware of such development and that "as far as I am concerned, I remain the Deji of Akure".

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article02//indexn2_html?pdate=091109&ptitle=Kingmakers%20dethrone%20Akure%20monarch

Na wa ooooo,

In the good old days, this one no fit happen oooo, the King will commit sucide and not become ordinary man again ooooo

Can the chiefs impeach a king without the government that gave him a staff of office,

You need two third of the house to impeach a governor, how many chief do u need to impeach a king,

Two of his impeachable offences include disturbing market women and going out of the palace without informing the chiefs,

I don't watch films and comedy shows again, i just read the news,

(1) (Reply)

Egba Muslims Eulogise Bankole / More Revelations:plan To Oust Saddam Drawn Up Two Years Before The Invasion / Sgf Ahmed Yayale Attends Anti-yar'adua Save Nigeria Group Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.