Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo (95454 Views)

Photos From The Osun Oshogbo Festival / Why Do Black People In Africa Tend To Marry People From Their Tribe / Traditional Wedding Custom Of Akuapem People From Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 19, 2015
[quote author=KoloOyinbo post=32893098]

If you think clearly enough you will discern the difference between FAITH as applied to ANY religion (even African Traditional as a religion) and MAGIC/JUJU which can be tested and fails miserably.

You can type whatever nonsense you want to grin
i've said what has to be said which is the truth..
its a waste of time engaging someone who is stuck on stupid who refuses to accept the opinion of others.
your myopic opinion is irrelevant cos it cant change what i believe or who i worship as my God.
That being said,i officially declare this conversation over.
i hope that one day you'll experience the power of voodoo,i also thought it was a fallacy up until i saw it happen right before my two eyes..grin grin
dont get it twisted tho,i'm not a christian(jesus worshipper) neither am i a traditionalist but i'm convinced there is a God and i worship HIM alone.
experience they say is the best teacher.
au revoir grin
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by KoloOyinbo(m): 6:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
[quote author=CheeNayNay post=32893658][/quote]

Sorry the common sense argument is too complex for you.

A conversation implies something two way. I was merely points out the errors of superstitious rubbish for others!
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by macof(m): 6:58pm On Apr 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Hunt witches - why waste time hunting what clearly does not exist? grin

People who believe in juju/magic have nothing to teach anyone. They just need to go back to school!

I don't attack African religion only the stupid, savage and ignorant belief in juju/magic. cheesy

Your displays of crass ignorance are really quite amusing!

Ur stuupid people still hunt witches as ur dumb religion instructed.. Even u know ur religion is stuupid.and all talks of things that don't exist
attacking juju is attacking African spirituality, you won't quit Calling magic juju because u are foolish
I already told u they are different and we call them different names as they take different methods
Magic is trick, just to entice and aren't related to shrines and spirits but juju is the real deal.
If you doubt it come over to Agemo or Ayelala shrine and scrutinise all you want

You cannot believe a Jew was born of a Virgin and hope anybody would take ur attacks on juju seriously

3 Likes

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Sorry the common sense argument is too complex for you.

A conversation implies something two way. I was merely points out the errors of superstitious rubbish for others!

Hahaha,someones' butt hurt grin grin

I always hit a nerve hard grin grin

I'm bad.
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by macof(m): 7:04pm On Apr 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

To reiterate, in an EVEN SIMPLER manner to assist your limited understanding - I deliberately use the term Magic to illustrate how ridiculous juju really is.

Juju can and has been scrutinised. It has FAILED miserably every test. Birds falling from skies and turning into old women, BULLET PROOF CHARMS, money charms, etc ad nausiam. grin All your tantrums and screaming at me will not make it work at all nor will it make any civilized and educated person ever believe such primitive rubbish!

You may fool those who have been unfortunately denied the benefit of a proper education but do you SERIOUS fell that you can fool educated people who have travelled the world? There is little hope for you if so!
Scrutinised by who? Where are the reports?

It's only uneducated people who believe Virgins give birth.
all those examples u give there don't explain juju. Again u prove you are a foolish slowpoke who speaks on what he knows nothing about

1 Like

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by KoloOyinbo(m): 7:13pm On Apr 19, 2015
macof:

Ur stuupid people still hunt witches as ur dumb religion instructed.. Even u know ur religion is stuupid.and all talks of things that don't exist
attacking juju is attacking African spirituality, you won't quit Calling magic juju because u are foolish
I already told u they are different and we call them different names as they take different methods
Magic is trick, just to entice and aren't related to shrines and spirits but juju is the real deal.
If you doubt it come over to Agemo or Ayelala shrine and scrutinise all you want

You cannot believe a Jew was born of a Virgin and hope anybody would take ur attacks on juju seriously

Hunt witches? Rubbish. Your information is several hundred years out of date just like your savage and ignorant beliefs in juju/MAGIC yes trickery and MAGIC all it is!
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by KoloOyinbo(m): 7:15pm On Apr 19, 2015
macof:

Scrutinised by who? Where are the reports?
It's only uneducated people who believe Virgins give birth.
all those examples u give there don't explain juju. Again u prove you are a foolish slowpoke who speaks on what he knows nothing about

You believe in Magic and you call me foolish? Seriously you do need to spend more time in civilization and less time in the mud hut! grin
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by KoloOyinbo(m): 7:16pm On Apr 19, 2015
CheeNayNay:

Hahaha,someones' butt hurt grin grin

I always hit a nerve hard grin grin

I'm bad.

I suppose you are! (Although only in your own mind!) wink

A legend in your own lunchtime perhaps! cheesy

Perhaps it is your butt that hurts? Especially after trying to understand simple and generally accepted reasoning. Try keeping your brains in you head and not where it hurts!
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

I suppose you are! (Although only in your own mind!) wink

A legend in your own lunchtime perhaps! cheesy

Perhaps it is your butt that hurts? Especially after trying to understand simple and generally accepted reasoning. Try keeping your brains in you head and not where it hurts!
awwww,dont cry...
very lame comeback btw tongue
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

You believe in Magic and you call me foolish? Seriously you do need to spend more time in civilization and less time in the mud hut! grin
civilization brought to the world thanks to the wisdom and might of our great people the ancient egyptians.
Not forgetting the moors who invaded europe and brought y'all neantherthals outta the caves and thought y'all the basics like hygience and simple speech.

your welcome. grin
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

civilization brought to the world thanks to the wisdom and might of our great people the ancient egyptians.
Not forgetting the moors who invaded europe and brought y'all neantherthals outta the caves and thought y'all the basics like hygience and simple speech.

you're welcome. grin
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by macof(m): 7:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Hunt witches? Rubbish. Your information is several hundred years out of date just like your savage and ignorant beliefs in juju/MAGIC yes trickery and MAGIC all it is!

You are wasted
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by macof(m): 7:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

The greatest civilizations of the world practised juju...not magic
Juju is an act of influencing spirits to ur favour. It's a huge part of Africa - Africa that gave the world civilization

You are a caucasian Christian bigot so I would expect you to try to tarnish the image of African beliefs like ur missionaries did

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by KoloOyinbo(m): 8:09pm On Apr 19, 2015
macof:

The greatest civilizations of the world practised juju...not magic
Juju is an act of influencing spirits to ur favour. It's a huge part of Africa - Africa that gave the world civilization

You are a caucasian Christian bigot so I would expect you to try to tarnish the image of African beliefs like ur missionaries did

I will address all your three posts in one to save time.

If JUJU worked you guys would be on top of the world! But it clearly does not.

Now you might fool people without an education who are susceptible to the older and more out of date parts of your culture but really...

Do you serious expect educated people to fall for this moronic crap?

As for your analogies with Christianity. Like all religions it can neither be proven and cannot be disproven. Juju can.

Now just try cursing me and see me laugh in your ignorant face at your impotence!
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by KoloOyinbo(m): 8:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
CheeNayNay:

you're welcome. grin

Most civilizations have made some contribution to advancement at one time or another. Its just a few folks like you trying (unsuccessfully I am glad to say) to hold Africa back. Science and technology, social development, Nigeria needs these - NOT some ignorant fools in their mud huts trying to teach about curses and charms and mami waters and other non existent rubbish! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Most civilizations have made some contribution to advancement at one time or another. Its just a few folks like you trying (unsuccessfully I am glad to say) to hold Africa back. Science and technology, social development, Nigeria needs these - NOT some ignorant fools in their mud huts trying to teach about curses and charms and mami waters and other non existent rubbish! grin
grin haha,i got you there.
its good you've accepted the facts i stated tho.
a mud house is very much more advanced than a cave btw.
what country are u from?u look irish..
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by macof(m): 8:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Now you might fool people without an education who are susceptible to the older and more out of date parts of your culture but really...

As for your analogies with Christianity. Like all religions it can neither be proven and cannot be disproven. Juju can.

Now just try cursing me and see me laugh in your ignorant face at your impotence!

Sure juju works, it is learnt and can be improved upon
But Africa today is majorly Christian and Muslim, such religions that only relies on superstitions
without these religions Africans would rule the world. These religions have plunged Africa into it's dark ages like it did Europe

Light started coming to Europe immediately people began dumping the ridiculous dogmas of christianity.. But illiterate ones like u Irish slaves won't hand sense, you still want to keep hunting witches

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

I do not expect you, an educated chap like yourself to credit Africa's/Yoruba's status of not being ontop of the world to ineffectiveness of traditional system which 'juju' (which is a derogatory term) is part of.

How do you expect a group whose generational indigenous growth was truncated and handed a new system they are still grappling with to top the world?

Africa/Yoruba's culture, religion, social structure, tradition etc are all in tatters. They have dropped what they on rather than improve upon them from ground up to conteibute to world inventions yet they have still seriously grapplimg with what was handed to them.

I'm not seeking to engage in a back and forth, I just wanted to state an obvious.
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by KoloOyinbo(m): 9:05pm On Apr 19, 2015
9jacrip:

I do not expect you, an educated chap like yourself to credit Africa's/Yoruba's status of not being ontop of the world to ineffectiveness of traditional system which 'juju' (which is a derogatory term) is part of.

How do you expect a group whose generational indigenous growth was truncated and handed a new system they are still grappling with to top the world?

Africa/Yoruba's culture, religion, social structure, tradition etc are all in tatters. They have dropped what they on rather than improve upon them from ground up to conteibute to world inventions yet they have still seriously grapplimg with what was handed to them.

I'm not seeking to engage in a back and forth, I just wanted to state an obvious.

I'm not actually talking about Yoruba or any tribe. Just that a belief in Magic/Juju (yes derogatory terms) will hold back ANY society striving to improve. Of course it is rarely if ever the ONLY factor but it is certainly a factor.
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by KoloOyinbo(m): 9:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
macof:

Sure juju works, it is learnt and can be improved upon
But Africa today is majorly Christian and Muslim, such religions that only relies on superstitions
without these religions Africans would rule the world. These religions have plunged Africa into it's dark ages like it did Europe

Light started coming to Europe immediately people began dumping the ridiculous dogmas of christianity.. But illiterate ones like u Irish slaves won't hand sense, you still want to keep hunting witches

Juju works? Billet proof charms, love potions, wealth potions? What an ignoramus you are!

What is your fixation with witches, they don't exist! The Irish called them Morrigans and ceased to believe in them hundreds of years ago! You really need to get out of the mud hut a little more. cheesy
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by KoloOyinbo(m): 9:09pm On Apr 19, 2015
CheeNayNay:

grin haha,i got you there.
its good you've accepted the facts i stated tho.
a mud house is very much more advanced than a cave btw.
what country are u from?u look irish..

Of course I'm Irish its in enough posts!

The original Africans came from caves. But we have all progressed. Some faster than other and sadly some don't want to progress and prefer to believe in Magic, charms, juju and let's not forget the mami waters! grin grin
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Of course I'm Irish its in enough posts!

The original Africans came from caves. But we have all progressed. Some faster than other and sadly some don't want to progress and prefer to believe in Magic, charms, juju and let's not forget the mami waters! grin grin
Don't flatter yourself,i did not go through your posts.i just saw ur dp nd i knew u were irish plus the stvpid points u've making...
lmao,pls just cos white pple were cavemen dnt mean every other race was!so u gon say the arabs or asains also lived in caves too?!grin
why cant all u pple be proud of ur history nd ur ancestors??grin
tho most of yall have accepted the truth bout their cave history which is highly commendable.
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

I'm not actually talking about Yoruba or any tribe. Just that a belief in Magic/Juju (yes derogatory terms) will hold back ANY society striving to improve. Of course it is rarely if ever the ONLY factor but it is certainly a factor.

Your prerogative though.
Societies in Brazil and Cuba do yet they have attained certain level of development.

What holds most societies back is that they have not yet or do not know how to absorb the other route/option to break away from the juju - these societies are just confused.
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by KoloOyinbo(m): 10:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
9jacrip:

Your prerogative though.
Societies in Brazil and Cuba do yet they have attained certain level of development.

What holds most societies back is that they have not yet or do not know how to absorb the other route/option to break away from the juju - these societies are just confused.

Yes you are very correct about Brazil and Cuba. Probably Haiti is an even better example! And yes again, they don't know how to break away from the superstition. In fact part of the issue here is that some people who may doubt juju just don't want to be told its rubbish by an oyinbo. They might listen better to a fellow Nigerian but I just have to point out the truth anyway.

Of course like Brazil and Cuba etc, Nigeria has attained a considerable level of development. It will do even better in the future also. Especially when the education system improves. And good strides are being made but it suffers from lack of funding and generations of underdevelopment. Still rather than debate the complex history better to move forward.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by KoloOyinbo(m): 10:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
CheeNayNay:

Don't flatter yourself,i did not go through your posts.i just saw ur dp nd i knew u were irish plus the stvpid points u've making...
lmao,pls just cos white pple were cavemen dnt mean every other race was!so u gon say the arabs or asains also lived in caves too?!grin
why cant all u pple be proud of ur history nd ur ancestors??grin
tho most of yall have accepted the truth bout their cave history which is highly commendable.

The first humans came from Africa and were hunter gathers including cave dwellers. Nothing derogatory about everyone's ancestors being that. Not too sure what prehistory from tens of thousands of years ago is doing in a discussion about the nonsense of juju magic etc? But then as their is no sense in these stupid superstitions the arguments for it wont make much sense either. There are even some here admitting to having been fooled into believing by seeing some magic trick! cheesy
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
what exactly did you see with your two eyes that makes you know this Juju stuff is real?

CheeNayNay: i also thought it was a fallacy up until i saw it happen right before my two eyes..

1 Like

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by bright991: 2:30pm On Feb 23, 2017
KoloOyinbo:

Juju works? Billet proof charms, love potions, wealth potions? What an ignoramus you are!

What is your fixation with witches, they don't exist! The Irish called them Morrigans and ceased to believe in them hundreds of years ago! You really need to get out of the mud hut a little more. cheesy

There are several verses in your missionary bible that said these things exist. what have u to say about that. or u think your God is lying too?
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by weljewel: 10:32am On Nov 10, 2021
Only One God is the Greatest, no power no might but that of God

Many belief systems to The One God
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Gee64: 9:43am On Nov 14, 2021
Me too.
I was expecting to see tails.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? / Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. / Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.